Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Are we sure 50GG wasn't just receiving hospital treatments or hooked up to an IV while at home, and thus, still kinda at the hospital... but at home?

People can have whole rear end hospital beds moved into their houses if they're sick/immobile enough. Hell we have a family friend who has one in an apartment. People get hospital care in their homes all the time.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Yeesh.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

:eyepop:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
okay now this is epic

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

drat grats on beating this thing so quickly op

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I. M. Gei posted:

Are we sure 50GG wasn't just receiving hospital treatments or hooked up to an IV while at home, and thus, still kinda at the hospital... but at home?

People can have whole rear end hospital beds moved into their houses if they're sick/immobile enough. Hell we have a family friend who has one in an apartment. People get hospital care in their homes all the time.

yeah its possible, and its also possible that they just didn't want to deal with the accusations, but typically typing out a sentence about it over a DM is less stressful than a banme thread and killing their twitter account instead of replying with a simple "well this is what happened"

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

barnold posted:

okay now this is epic

Not really. This entire thing beginning to end is a damning indictment of the United States healthcare system and sucks poo poo for everyone involved.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

I. M. Gei posted:

Certainty isn't something I have the luxury of here - I have facts and I can speculate, but that's as far as I can go with the information I have. I hoped beyond hope I would be able to clear it up with 50GG directly. Whether or not she was in the hospital for all that time this summer, she clearly had cancer and clearly was actually struggling for money. I just couldn't ignore the contradictions I see.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
how do i get a black thumbs gangtag

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

I almost donated and sad to hear my gut was right. This bullshit really sours people on helping those who claim they need it. Sad situation

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

verbal enema posted:

how do i get a black thumbs gangtag

Ride eternal shiny and chrome on the fury road, hanging from the front of the war rig spittin guzzline straight into the blower. :black101:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Jose Oquendo posted:

I think there's been enough cases of goons scamming people here under the pretense of "I need money or I'm going to die or be homeless" that any sort of asking for money should be against the rules.

Speaking just for myself, I would rather not have it be impossible, but it does make trying to come up with policy difficult. Yeah, there have been unfortunate events, but there have also been people really helped by goon assistance, and I'd rather not lose that ability completely. Again, that's just where I'm personally coming from.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Doobies Doghoused

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Elmnt80 posted:

Ride eternal shiny and chrome on the fury road, hanging from the front of the war rig spittin guzzline straight into the blower. :black101:

i dont think youve actually done that!!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

drat i hope this is inaccurate, i have been taking a break from the forums for my mental health and this is just super disappointing if they were misappropriating goon donations when no one else since their thread has been able to request assistance, btw my cat needs his testicles removed please consider helping me pay for it lol

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Wendigee posted:

yeah its possible, and its also possible that they just didn't want to deal with the accusations, but typically typing out a sentence about it over a DM is less stressful than a banme thread and killing their twitter account instead of replying with a simple "well this is what happened"

I definitely wouldn't want to deal with the accusations, and not sending a sentence about it over PM is something I would totally be pissed off enough to do by the mere accusation that I'm scamming people after over a year's worth of posts proving that I am dying of loving cancer. Anger does poo poo like that to peoples' brains.

I once had a mod in HCH ask if I was trolling the forum over PM and I got so mad at the accusation that I couldn't be bothered to muster the focus to type a reply informing them that, no, I was not in fact a troll. I can totally see someone being mad enough at Jeffery's PM that they wouldn't feel like replying, especially if they are dying of cancer.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 16, 2022

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Goons scammed for thirty thousand dollars (again)

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Maybe I’m wrong about this and it’s overly pedantic for the current situation, but doesn’t 50sGG use male pronouns?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i need some money for weed too please and thank you

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

lol

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Yeah it's really hard to explain some inconsistencies with "I used a VPN" or explaining some lovely circumstances with a sentence or two (maybe even using voice-to-text).

It's much easier and totally reasonable to delete your account and stop responding to any of the people who gave you $30,000.

(Based on reading the JeffPost)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Well if they want a ban, and it looks like they might deserve a ban, who are we to get in the way?

hell yes, the score is now 30000-10

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

verbal enema posted:

i dont think youve actually done that!!

Ok, first of all, rude

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Sid Vicious posted:

i need some money for weed too please and thank you

ooh same

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Admin edit: don't do this

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

I. M. Gei posted:

In America this would be a ruinous expense on part with buying a mansion in most places. For someone struggling with money it's only gonna happen if they get hooked up with a charity or non-profit that helps them out. Just having a nurse/doctor show up would be hundreds of dollars to start with.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i am picking my nose and putting the boogers up my own butt

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Speaking just for myself, I would rather not have it be impossible, but it does make trying to come up with policy difficult. Yeah, there have been unfortunate events, but there have also been people really helped by goon assistance, and I'd rather not lose that ability completely. Again, that's just where I'm personally coming from.

To be clear to everyone, we are not currently saying no to fundraisers in the future. Even before this, we had been discussing how to handle fundraiser requests. For now there is an indefinite moratorium on requests from individuals for help, and we will evaluate requests for people looking for help for registered charities on a case by case basis. I bring this up because a few forums have annual fundraising drives and we don't want to disrupt that good thing, but as an admin team we feel the need to make sure we are scrutinizing any request.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I stand by my statement Re: the cat

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Junk posted:

i am picking my nose and putting the boogers up my own butt

drat. Did you go to school for that?

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Fartington Butts posted:

drat. Did you go to school for that?

yeah

fart school

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This always happens on this site... every drat time.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Junk posted:

yeah

fart school

Full ride scholarship, I'm sure.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Fsmhunk posted:

This always happens on this site... every drat time.

when people gave me money to help pay my rent i really paid my rent with it (:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Was really hoping this wasn’t a scam but it had crossed my mind given how many people have taken advantage of goon generosity in the past.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sid Vicious posted:

That's good to hear, Sid.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Fsmhunk posted:

That's good to hear, Sid.

honesty is a virtue

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Sid Vicious posted:

i bet you bought at least one (1) mcdouble

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Sophy Wackles posted:

Was really hoping this wasn’t a scam but it had crossed my mind given how many people have taken advantage of goon generosity in the past.

getting 5 figures in donations like that can be life changing money and some people might find it very hard to go "okay, done. I don't need anymore free money" because their situation marginally improved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

im just sayin, theres a perfectly fine poster suffering from the ravages of keratoconus, and he needs some gas permeable contact lenses