Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

50s girl groupon posted:

Hello there! You probably know me as “that one goon with the cancer”, or you don’t know me (but now you do, sucker!)

I have unfortunately lost my job, by extension my health insurance, and thus my access to chemotherapy. This happened on Sept 8, and I’ve had a few days to realize I will not be able to dig my way out of the hole I’m in as a result of just, honestly, a series of unfortunate events with the American Healthcare System at the center.

Cancer will kill me. I have quietly accepted this. I suppose I was ultimately going to post a banme one day but an upsetting pm sort of tipped me over my limit this morning and I think it’s time.

For the, uh, banme. I’m not dying without a fight dang it.

Anyways! I wanted to say it’s been a lovely 11 years with you all and I will miss the dumb jokes and the memes and the Chinese cooking thread so much. I think goons collectively are deep down good people, no matter how grumpy they act. There’s always going to be assholes but for the majority of it, I will have wonderful memories of goony antics.

I know this isn’t C-SPAM but support Medicare For All if you’re a US goon. If something in your body feels weird please go get it checked out and don’t stop pushing until you get an answer, before it goes stage four. Be good to one another.

I plan to spend the rest of my time on this lovely earth with my cats and my wife, rather than doomscrolling. I think it’s the best decision for my frayed mental health.

So, um, yeah! If a mod could just ban me? I have no idea how the etiquette for this works lmao. Feel free to give me some ridiculous reason for the ban, like I personally started WW5 or something.

Peace :love:

PS: please enjoy this silly picture of my enormous cat communing with the ceiling demons. I hope it brightens your day.

Peace be with you, chief. I'm real sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU