Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

50s girl groupon posted:

Hello there! You probably know me as “that one goon with the cancer”, or you don’t know me (but now you do, sucker!)

I have unfortunately lost my job, by extension my health insurance, and thus my access to chemotherapy. This happened on Sept 8, and I’ve had a few days to realize I will not be able to dig my way out of the hole I’m in as a result of just, honestly, a series of unfortunate events with the American Healthcare System at the center.

Cancer will kill me. I have quietly accepted this. I suppose I was ultimately going to post a banme one day but an upsetting pm sort of tipped me over my limit this morning and I think it’s time.

For the, uh, banme. I’m not dying without a fight dang it.

Anyways! I wanted to say it’s been a lovely 11 years with you all and I will miss the dumb jokes and the memes and the Chinese cooking thread so much. I think goons collectively are deep down good people, no matter how grumpy they act. There’s always going to be assholes but for the majority of it, I will have wonderful memories of goony antics.

I know this isn’t C-SPAM but support Medicare For All if you’re a US goon. If something in your body feels weird please go get it checked out and don’t stop pushing until you get an answer, before it goes stage four. Be good to one another.

I plan to spend the rest of my time on this lovely earth with my cats and my wife, rather than doomscrolling. I think it’s the best decision for my frayed mental health.

So, um, yeah! If a mod could just ban me? I have no idea how the etiquette for this works lmao. Feel free to give me some ridiculous reason for the ban, like I personally started WW5 or something.

Peace :love:

PS: please enjoy this silly picture of my enormous cat communing with the ceiling demons. I hope it brightens your day.

I love you, duder. Thank you for being one of the best friends I'll ever have.

And that Goon who is harassing you better not ever cross my path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I understand on that case.

You're always free to text me, man. Take care of yourself.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dixville posted:

America: the place where you have to commit fraud to get health care

America: Also the place where you have to beg strangers for money to pay for medical bills.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I've known 50gg since 2010. We met in these forums. 50gg is one of the best friends I've ever had and I'd jump in front of a train for him.

I assure you that everything he said is true. I've texted with him while he was in the hospital (with selfies) as well as when he was at home, all the drama through his medical bills and his job.

He is not a liar. If he is, he's the best goddamn actor in the planet. And he's not that good of an actor.

He's had cancer before, and cancer scares before. I've spent late nights with us going all e/n on each other probably 100 times.

Seriously, gently caress you if you think he's faking it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Fluffdaddy posted:

The OP made this public. The Admin team wanted to do this quietly and privately. We found irregularities, Jeff brought them to the OPs attention, they responded by making this thread and still hasn't addressed our findings. At this point we did our due diligence and are acting on behalf of the website and its posters.

None of us think anything prior to the summer of 2022 is suspect, we just found these past few montrhs questionable. And none of that is addressed by the OP here.

Why the gently caress does a cancer patient have to loving justify themselves to you? Are you serious??

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Jabor posted:

"where were you when you posted these comments about being in the hospital? because from our side it sure looks like you were posting from home and not the hospital"

Answering that question doesn't require you to know anything about IP addresses, it just needs you to know where you were.

The only way you'd find it hard to answer is if you actually were at home but had some reason to need to pretend that you weren't.

50gg has a partner who could have posted updates on their behalf while OP was doped up in the hospital.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Elentor posted:

I wish I had my own sticked thread when I was suffering from a lethal injury with proof but all I got was license for a lovely ad.

We don't always get what we want but I've been kept alive so long due to goon donations that if anything I was surprised the mods didn't care to even check my documents or proof at some point.

If you post proof or just start a gofundme or whatever you'll probably keep getting donations because if I was able to get them through an ad surely you can too, the whole ban me thing really sets a bad precedent for the rest of us who are also poor, had cancer, and depended on goons to stay alive. gently caress there are so many in this site, even, it's depressing how lovely cancer is.

Anyway good luck OP on your endeavor.

YOU HAVE CANCER? I DON'T BELIEVE YOU! POST PROOF YOU LIAR!!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol you didn't read a single post did you

I've read most of the thread and have considered OP one of my best friends for more than a decade.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Fluffdaddy posted:

Look, it is a lot of money, and we aren't asking for you to give refunds nor are we accusing you of misappropriating the funds. All we said was hey this summer you mentioned a lot of hospital visits but the posts locations don't add up can you explain it. And yet you continue to dodge the question and are instead using a lot of words to paint us as the ones who have done something wrong. We are just asking for accountability, that is all.

OP has a partner who did a lot of positing on their behalf (OH NOES ACCOUNT SHARING) while OP was doped up in the hospital. There's your IP explanation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

New Coke posted:

have you attempted to prove that you were in the hospital during the times people are specifically concerned about?

"you could very well have terminal cancer, but dig through your mountain of medical papers and post specific times you were in the hospital for the satisfaction of internet strangers "