Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

[video type=""]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuMCoWGhsYI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

satanic splash-back posted:

She can sing underwater without making air bubbles come out, I'm impressed.

Wouldn't air bubbles only come out if she breathed air?

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
Are modern Disney artists contractually prohibited from doing anything bright-colored and abstract?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

frumpykvetchbot posted:

Are modern Disney artists contractually prohibited from doing anything bright-colored?

Internet Trolls ATTACK struggling artists, DEMAND "more whites"

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Are there going to be CGI crabs voiced by beloved comedic actors in this movie

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

kumail nanjani is currently subjecting himself to a grueling carcinization program

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

frumpykvetchbot posted:

Are modern Disney artists contractually prohibited from doing anything bright-colored and abstract?

Marketing algorithms say people hate that poo poo for looking "Too Gay".

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

there should've called it the Lil Mermaid to troll the internet

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

They should modernize the store and make the guy a mermaid. His tail represents him being a lazy rear end gamer slob and he gets rid of it and melts into foam.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Buce posted:

"Yeah, and from a scientific perspective sound doesn't travel underwater at all

:eng99:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Those poor deaf silent whales

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
What if we reboot Star Wars with a mostly black cast.

That could really cause some lovely people to have rage strokes.

Gotta redo it a bit to really land.

Black Princess Leia making out with her brother is gonna short circuit their brains.

Maybe Luke is white? And gay? Or trans?

They like the sister loving angle but if we really throw a bunch more confusing rage poo poo in there it could cause them to collapse into a neutron star.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Combine the characters: Luke is their deadname, and they have a relationship with Han. Han stays the same macho rogue architype.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

The Butcher posted:

What if we reboot Star Wars with a mostly black cast.

That could really cause some lovely people to have rage strokes.

Gotta redo it a bit to really land.

Black Princess Leia making out with her brother is gonna short circuit their brains.

Maybe Luke is white? And gay? Or trans?

They like the sister loving angle but if we really throw a bunch more confusing rage poo poo in there it could cause them to collapse into a neutron star.

cringe wars

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I was going to say you can't actually sing under water without sounding like you're drowning but I guess you can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkytCxF_p_Q

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
Cartoon version was sexier

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Number_6 posted:

Cartoon version was sexier

and tghere it is

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
the reason some of these cg shots look so dark, toned down, or muddy is cuz it's a way to hide how corny it looks

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

[James Liptonishly] What. Do you call one black woman. At the bottom of the sea. We call her the Little Mermaid.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
This kind of reminds me of the movie Rising Sun (1993).

(Article below is from 1993. In Crichton's book, the main character (Webster Smith) is white.)

https://ew.com/article/1993/08/06/rising-sun-stirs-controversy/

quote:

But Crichton sees a danger. ”Casting Wesley Snipes puts an additional burden on the picture,” he warns. ”In a movie about U.S.-Japan relations, if you cast someone who’s black, you introduce another aspect because of tension between blacks and Japanese.”

At least one scene in Rising Sun seems to play into those fears. As Smith and Connor flee from a gang of Japanese thugs packed into a turquoise, tail-finned Cadillac, they drive into an L.A. ghetto to the sudden blaring of rap music on the soundtrack. ”Rough neighborhoods may be America’s last advantage,” Snipes tells Connery before enlisting a crowd of gangbangers to stall the pursuit. Moments later the yakuza hurtle into the ‘hood, only to be surrounded by a swarm of colorful, bass-thumping lowriders and menacing black faces; after his compatriots slice open the Caddy’s soft top with a machete and steal the Vuarnets off one of its passengers, a local breaks off the car’s windshield wiper and asks threateningly, ”Do your windows, sir?” The Japanese speed away in gibbering terror.

Japanese-born actor Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, who plays one of Sun‘s murder suspects, claims the episode was intended ”as a moment of humor between gangsters.” Kaufman may have had weightier ethnic contrasts in mind. ”When Japanese businesses come to America,” he has said when asked about the scene, ”they won’t set up a factory in L.A. because of these racial problems. But we’re trying to create a multicultural society…In a way, we’re trying to be the future. We take in a lot of people [who] could be considered problems.”

Asian-American community leaders view the film’s black-Japanese confrontation differently. ”The message is that it’s okay to attack Asians,” says Michael Ishii, chairman of the ad hoc New York Coalition Against Rising Sun, ”and that it’s a patriotic thing to do.” Karen Narasaki, Washington representative of the Japanese American Citizens League, calls the scene ”artistically gratuitous with some potential for great harm,” given black- Asian tension in Los Angeles. Naomi Hirahara, English editor at the L.A.-based community newspaper Rafu Shimpo, says simply, ”It was a silly stereotype of Afro-Americans. It’s sophomoric more than anything.”

It's not the same thing of course, 30 years later, but, this is what all the "omg she's black?!?" poo poo about the trailer makes me think of.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

so how does a mermaids vagina work anyway? she's hot but I don't wanna gently caress a gill or w/e

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Bula Vinaka posted:

(Article below is from 1993. In Crichton's book, the main character (Webster Smith) is white.)

It's not the same thing of course, 30 years later, but, this is what all the "omg she's black?!?" poo poo about the trailer makes me think of.

Isnt that the book that opens with a lady having butt sex

E:hmm maybe not. Must be one of the other trash books that crichton wrote

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Sep 15, 2022

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Bula Vinaka posted:

So like, did they change Smith to a black guy so the character could be all racist towards towards the japanese while the white guy acted like a perfect angel towards them?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Yaldabaoth posted:

So like, did they change Smith to a black guy so the character could be all racist towards towards the japanese while the white guy acted like a perfect angel towards them?

Get off the internet.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Is Flounder actually gonna be a flounder in this one. That's all I really care about.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
who is Ursula?

Is this going to end up like Hamilton full of bad rapping?

"I'm Ursula, and I'm here to say... what you want, is not okay!"

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

aquafeenuh is def gonna do a rap in black voice as the bird lol

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

aquafeenuh is def gonna do a rap in black voice as the bird lol

Why the gently caress does she still insist on going by that name even though it makes her look turbo trashy? It's literally the brand name of a bottle of water but spelled badly.

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
The YouTube comments section on that video went slightly insane and people are inserting quotes from other movies. Probably will still be better than the actual movie.

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
Live Action Aristocats when?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

The Shittle Mermaid, starring Tubgirl

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

YeahTubaMike posted:

It would still be possible for her to fart. Will the mermaids be farting in this movie? Don't disappoint me, Disney.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

so how does a mermaids vagina work anyway? she's hot but I don't wanna gently caress a gill or w/e

See The Lighthouse and the above Futurama clip.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
When she shits, is it just a brown, muddy cloud like normal fish or does she make turds like people?

I gotta know

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

r u ready to WALK posted:

I was going to say you can't actually sing under water without sounding like you're drowning but I guess you can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkytCxF_p_Q

Lmbo

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I can't see that actress's name without my brain turning it into Halle berry

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Pretty cool that the mermaid is black, but pretty upsetting that Disney is still churning out movies

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

YeahTubaMike posted:

You can say she does breathe air, she speaks above water and you need air in order to do so no?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Yaldabaoth posted:

People making cynical cash grabs tend to not give a poo poo about the quality of their product, HTH.

That is the post-Eisner Disney canon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
You just nut on the eggs the fish girl put on some rocks. It's not rocket science.

It's even way easier than with human women because the fish girl goes away when she's done and there's no "is it in yet?" or "you're done already?" sort of talk.