Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Gonna recommend The Lure / Córki Dancingu to people that want more live-action mermaids musicals :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

She already is part of that world though, it's just the underwater part.

Duh, fish lady

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

The only thing that matters about this move is its cover of Under the Sea. I was very disappointed with the new "Be Prepared" Disney, so you better not mess this up!

I don't actually plan to see it but I will look the song up after the fact on YouTube.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
down where it's moister
clamdestined boyster

take it from me

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

I'm glad they're making the movie I think it will do well and be important

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Worf posted:

I'm glad they're making the movie I think it will do well and be important

i think it will be poo poo and trash like their other remakes have been

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
How do you even sing underwater, shouldn't it be like super low, like whale sounds or something? Or has it been dubbed from Mermaid into English for our own benefit and she's actually going REEEEOOOOUUUUU REEEEE

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

How do you even sing underwater, shouldn't it be like super low, like whale sounds or something? Or has it been dubbed from Mermaid into English for our own benefit and she's actually going REEEEOOOOUUUUU REEEEE

you ever uh, fart in the tub? case closed.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

little mermade-up!

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Here's this mermaid swimming around and living under the sea. But her hair isn't even loving wet. What the gently caress is going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-wPm99PF9U

I dunno OP, this looks a whole lot better than the fresh prince of smurf-air.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
The comments are all the same loving joke and it's basically reddit.

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

Racist white people are really the most fragile people to ever live

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Cassette Moodcore posted:

Racist white people are really the most fragile people to ever live

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

you think he finished all that?

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

kntfkr posted:

some questions are best left unanswered. yes.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

i hope ariel and the mermaid from the lighthouse can be bffs

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit
I personally am quite mad the new mermaid is not Polynesian seems like a slam dunk after the smash hit "Moana"

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bluemillion posted:

I dunno OP, this looks a whole lot better than the fresh prince of smurf-air.

True, but that's a pretty low bar. Feel sorry for the Cinematography/director with the look of this film, as they are obviously trying to add colour where ever they can, but also make it look "realistic". Maybe it works in the film as a whole but just from the trailer it looks pretty dull and murky to me, as yeah that's sort of what the deep sea looks like. Like the lion king, the idea just works so much better as an animation thing than a live action thing.

Disney should really just stick to Animation their live action stuff sucks.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I haven't watched even one of the live-action Disney remakes and I'm holding on to that with pride so I can be one of the "I've never even seen Star Wars" people in the retirement home government-mandated elder processing camp.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Nice Van My Man posted:

The only thing that matters about this move is its cover of Under the Sea. I was very disappointed with the new "Be Prepared" Disney, so you better not mess this up!

I don't actually plan to see it but I will look the song up after the fact on YouTube.

have they shown the crab yet, does it look like the cartoon or is it like a realistic crab

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Flavahbeast posted:

have they shown the crab yet, does it look like the cartoon or is it like a realistic crab

If they weren't cowards they would do it in the style of their classic Alice in wonderland film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAS6NRpVQiw

Alas they are.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

dr_rat posted:

True, but that's a pretty low bar. Feel sorry for the Cinematography/director with the look of this film, as they are obviously trying to add colour where ever they can, but also make it look "realistic". Maybe it works in the film as a whole but just from the trailer it looks pretty dull and murky to me, as yeah that's sort of what the deep sea looks like. Like the lion king, the idea just works so much better as an animation thing than a live action thing.

Disney should really just stick to Animation their live action stuff sucks.
I'm not a brain genius cinematographer but I think, like, that might be the point. To Ariel, the ocean is boring and dull and monochromatic, the human world is exciting and vibrant

Disney's live action remakes do loving suck though so I guess we'll see

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit

Flavahbeast posted:

the crab is just will smith

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
They shoulda let Tony Millionaire direct it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

kntfkr posted:

He probably took a nice big poo poo while eating it because he's a goat and doesnt' give a gently caress if he shits where he eats.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Anne Whateley posted:

I'm not a brain genius cinematographer but I think, like, that might be the point. To Ariel, the ocean is boring and dull and monochromatic, the human world is exciting and vibrant

If they go all out in the vibrant colors when she goes above the sea that would actually be a really cool thematic use of cinematography, and I'd actually really respect Disney/who ever put the trailer together, for doing that and also not spoiling the hell out of that moment.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Womblemania posted:

I personally am quite mad the new mermaid is not Polynesian seems like a slam dunk after the smash hit "Moana"

In Europe they had to rename that movie to "Vajaina" because people wouldn't get the sexual Moana -> "moaner" pun (as europeans do not moan during intercourse, they honk).

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Alladdin sucked loving HARD. no one talks about it

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Easily the worst Guy Ritchie movie.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah, guys, so, it's like also all the mermaid stuff. But it's not your grandfather's mermaid! It's a new twist on it. Grittier, darker! It's more about the lovecraftian angle of it all. hosed up human fish hybrids breeding in dark caves under the sea, driven mad by living in darkness and wetness for eons. And there is also cutulu. And there is also drug addiction. And that one crab. Bastian? He smokes! Anyway, we are looking for $500 million in funding and access to unlimited quantities of coke

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

dot communist posted:

She already is part of that world though, it's just the underwater part.

Duh, fish lady

She's the main character of the movie, so it's always technically been her world from the start.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I’m mad that Disney didn’t commit hard enough to the woke stuff and didn’t make the little mermaid a gay black dude to honor the original story which was an allegory for Hans Christian Andersen (probably) being closeted gay man pining after a dude he could never have thanks to history treating LGBTQ people like poo poo.

Make Lil Nas X the mermaid, you cowards.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

interwhat posted:

Alladdin sucked loving HARD. no one talks about it

the live action remakes suck so bad. they just dont have the soul of the originals. i can't explain it. it's the same as the new star wars poo poo. unlimited money just can't buy what they're missing

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

funeral home DJ posted:

Make Lil Nas X the mermaid, you cowards.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

the live action remakes suck so bad. they just dont have the soul of the originals. i can't explain it. it's the same as the new star wars poo poo. unlimited money just can't buy what they're missing

Aladdin was so bad I was actively angry from about 10 minutes in, and then just hate-watched it to say I saw it. Garbage.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Disney is too afraid to make a movie about my OC: the Large Adult Mermaid

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Finally they made a movie for me. Can't wait to see the scene where Ariel lays her eggs in the bathtub for the prince to inseminate. ITS ABOUT TIME.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Omelettes back on the menu boiz

E: never mind I misread the post, it looks like it's just pickled eggs again

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

He probably took a nice big poo poo while eating it because he's a goat and doesnt' give a gently caress if he shits where he eats.

Did anybody else think this post was about them for a minute?

I thought it said GOAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

MrQwerty posted:

Aladdin was so bad I was actively angry from about 10 minutes in, and then just hate-watched it to say I saw it. Garbage.

Tried to watch it on a boring flight. I didn't get past the opening scene which is set on a boat with Will Smith entertaining some kids with a tuneless but mercifully truncated butchering of Alan Menken and Howard Ashman's "Arabian Nights". Everything looked so flat and dumb and without an ounce of fun or cleverness compared to the original opening, which set a fun whimsical tone and made you feel like at the very least you were in for an experience put together by passionate creatives. The live action opening just said here's some corporate IP poo poo perfunctorily rendered ~*realistically*~