Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Child Trebuchet
Sep 4, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
How about a He-Maid for us fellas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Child Trebuchet posted:

How about a He-Maid for us fellas.

canonically these are known as minute maids

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Cassette Moodcore posted:

Racist white people are really the most fragile people to ever live

It's crazy because Disney pretty much goes out of their way to not vilify white men, hence why so many of the villains in their recent works are played by women and non-whites.

Yaldabaoth fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 16, 2022

Child Trebuchet
Sep 4, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Yaldabaoth posted:

It's crazy because Disney pretty much goes out of their way to not vilify white men, hence why so many of the villains in their recent works are played by women and non-whites.

The Little Mermaid is a villain?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Child Trebuchet posted:

The Little Mermaid is a villain?

No but her father is abusive to her, which is probably the real reason why they're both black now.

Child Trebuchet
Sep 4, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Yaldabaoth posted:

No but her father is abusive to her, which is probably the real reason why they're both black now.

Do a little bit of a deep dive on this one for me.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

they sidestep the triton issue in the new one, in this canon the king has been missing for years

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

funeral home DJ posted:

Make Lil Nas X the mermaid, you cowards.

I would respect this more than what they're actually doing. If they insist on remaking a classic, at least do something unique and interesting with it instead of the same movie but now it's """""""realistic""""""" so the people who turn their noses up at anything even slightly abstract or whimsical might watch it.

Child Trebuchet
Sep 4, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Lurker Ant posted:

I would respect this more than what they're actually doing. If they insist on remaking a classic, at least do something unique and interesting with it instead of the same movie but now it's """""""realistic""""""" so the people who turn their noses up at anything even slightly abstract or whimsical might watch it.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I hear they turned the underwater kingdom into a underwater communist commune and Ariel's father is literally half Marx, half fish. Ariel holds a struggle session at some point

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

GABA ghoul posted:

I hear they turned the underwater kingdom into a underwater communist commune and Ariel's father is literally half Marx, half fish. Ariel holds a struggle session at some point

I heard Ursula is an actual drag queen who was exiled from fish society by Ariel's father for trying to read Dr Seuss books to the merkids

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

sigher posted:

You can say she does breathe air, she speaks above water and you need air in order to do so no?

Maybe it's like Klaus from American Dad, where he breathes air when his head is above water and breathes water when he's under water.

And I'm not just saying that because I'm one of his boyz.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Yaldabaoth posted:

you're a gimmick, right? You can't actually be this angry and negative about everything?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

you're a gimmick, right? You can't actually be this angry and negative about everything?

If you want a real treat, look at how long he's been doing whatever it is he does.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I agree I go overboard a lot but this is a Disney movie and we should always question Disney's true motives because they have a global influence on pop culture.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
This is gonna tank in China.

Child Trebuchet
Sep 4, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Yaldabaoth posted:

I agree I go overboard a lot but this is a Disney movie and we should always question Disney's true motives because they have a global influence on pop culture.

Have you read Apocalypse Culture II by Adam Parfrey?

Do so, if not.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Alright hear me out: cyberpunk mermaids

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Buttchocks posted:

it’s been done

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Buttchocks posted:

Will these be actual mermaids with cyberpunk tech or normal humans who used cyberpunk tech to turn themselves into mermaids?

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Anne Whateley posted:

I'm not a brain genius cinematographer but I think, like, that might be the point. To Ariel, the ocean is boring and dull and monochromatic, the human world is exciting and vibrant

Disney's live action remakes do loving suck though so I guess we'll see

make all the on-land stuff traditional 2d animation imo

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Anne Whateley posted:

I'm not a brain genius cinematographer but I think, like, that might be the point. To Ariel, the ocean is boring and dull and monochromatic, the human world is exciting and vibrant

Disney's live action remakes do loving suck though so I guess we'll see

alternatively make all of the on-land stuff Godot engine machinima in the style of Cruelty Squad

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Here's this mermaid swimming around and living under the sea. But her hair isn't even loving wet. What the gently caress is going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-wPm99PF9U

nothing looks wet underwater idiot

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Only thing I know is that I heard that Halle Berry was cast as Ariel. I immediately thought, "jeez, she's kind of old for that role". Turns out her name is Halle Bailey and she's 22 years old.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Tarkus posted:

Only thing I know is that I heard that Halle Berry was cast as Ariel. I immediately thought, "jeez, she's kind of old for that role". Turns out her name is Halle Bailey and she's 22 years old.

lol

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Javier Bardem plays King Triton, a character most famous for having gigantic, bologna-sized nipples. Digital artists needed over 2,000 hours to animate Bardem's enormous CGI nipples for the new feature.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

not sure why nobody here is saying it but once again WOKE disney bends to the WOKE CROWD and RUINED this film taking away Ariel's signature clam-shell top and instead they put the beautiful actress in a regular BATHING SUIT top??

how am I supposed to jack off to this???????

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

beep by grandpa posted:

not sure why nobody here is saying it but once again WOKE disney bends to the WOKE CROWD and RUINED this film taking away Ariel's signature clam-shell top and instead they put the beautiful actress in a regular BATHING SUIT top??

how am I supposed to jack off to this???????

she's a pretty 20ish girl. If you can't jerk off to that, don't know what to tell you

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Tarkus posted:

oooooo weeeeeee ooooooo her name looks like Halle Berry

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

olives black posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

olives black posted:

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Stop it with this childish nonsense, I want to see a white hunk jizz on a black fish girl's egg clutch she left on a rock and swim away while singing a song about inter-species love.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

nothing looks wet underwater idiot

Water looks wet under water.

YOOOOU FOOOOLLLLL!!!!!!!

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Pretty sure mermaids lay their eggs inside the male

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

I'd the prince black? Asking for a friend

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Healthy young child goes to cinema, sees person with different skin color on screen, doesn't feel good and changes - COMMUNISM. Many such cases!

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Apparently they have replaced the song "Under the sea" with a new composition called "Vote blue no matter who" :confused:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Ursula 2024

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Tarkus posted:

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

olives black posted:

oooooo weeeeeee ooooooo her name looks [just like] like Halle Berry

:colbert: