Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Yaldabaoth posted:

If Disney was really woke, they would acknowledge that the greatest threat to freedom is straight white conservative men who think they're inherently superior to everyone else, and encourage women and minorities to fight back against them instead of ignoring that they exist at all.

Nah, you're close, but no cigar. No examples to back the thesis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

kntfkr posted:

a hole, new world
a new fantastic sort of hole

I would like to know more about this new kind of hole

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

satanic splash-back posted:

Nah, you're close, but no cigar. No examples to back the thesis.

Well if you want an example:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I can't wait until you find out about Walt Disney and his ideology

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Colonel Cancer posted:

I can't wait until you find out about Walt Disney and his ideology

I know Walt Disney was a fascist but back in the 90s it honestly felt like Disney was getting away from all that.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Repeat after me:

Disney does not give a poo poo about politics. They only care about money. If fascism and white supremacy ever swing back around as being profitable, Disney will follow.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Repeat after me:

Disney does not give a poo poo about politics. They only care about money. If fascism and white supremacy ever swing back around as being profitable, Disney will follow.
I'm pretty sure most (non-chuds) are well aware of this and just leaning into it to piss off the chuds more. I know I am.

Chuds are the only people who think Disney cares about politics. Because they're very stupid, like Nazis tend to be.

Americans, as a society, lean woke. That will pretty much never change from this point forward. Corporations will always lean left to maximize profits, and chuds will never, ever understand this, because our broken political system doesn't favor the majority and they'll never rub the required brain cells together to figure that out. Ever. It will literally never, ever happen. Because they're loving really stupid.

Jelly fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Sep 20, 2022

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

BounceBanana posted:

Mermaids would be better if their human and fish parts were switched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIBLgLNLX2g

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Repeat after me:

Like I said, they're not really woke.

Yaldabaoth fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Sep 20, 2022

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Jelly posted:

Corporations will always lean left to maximize profits

Famously left leaning institutions: the corporations :hmmyes:

You may be looking for the word "progressive" or some such

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Mooey Cow posted:

Or "pandering"

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Mooey Cow posted:

Who will they contribute to / vote for? That probably wildly varies.

Who are they currently pandering/advertising to? This is what I'm talking about because that is what this conversation is about. This is exclusively what the chuds pay attention to and get triggered by.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

YeahTubaMike posted:

Or "pandering"

I never understood why the word “pandering” was considered bad. “Oh god, aren’t you sickened that that corporation is pandering to you?”, motherfucker they’re pandering TO ME. I could only be enraged if I was being ignored and others were being pandered to.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Post-Eisner Disney is a quantity-and-merchandising over quality mass marketing entity that only dabbles in politically challenging content insofar as it can gather maximized profits according to the vast army of market demographic analysts that their shareholders listen to like modern oracles of Delphi.

While the lack of sincerity should be called out and given high visibility, there's at least a little comfort to take in the notion that if Disney believes they can cash in on diversified casting, it's what the most people with enough money and public focus to influence things actually want.

Good plants sometimes thrive in poo poo, after all.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I never understood why the word “pandering” was considered bad. “Oh god, aren’t you sickened that that corporation is pandering to you?”, motherfucker they’re pandering TO ME. I could only be enraged if I was being ignored and others were being pandered to.
Notice me, senpai

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i never understood the issue with laughing and clapping when someone jingles keys in front of you. A. they're shiny B. look at em go!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

That DICK! posted:

i never understood the issue with laughing and clapping when someone jingles keys in front of you. A. they're shiny B. look at em go!

I’m speaking hypothetically, nobody has ever pandered to me directly because I love hosed up poo poo.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

oh i feel you pal, i dont even think my post refutes yours, it just made me laugh to think and say

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Nigmaetcetera posted:

It depends on how they pander to you. For example, a clothing company might try to pander to women by making more dresses instead of giving them the same wide variety of clothing as their male counterparts. Pandering is bad if it's based on stereotypes and biases.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Yaldabaoth posted:

It depends on how they pander to you. For example, a clothing company might try to pander to women by making more dresses instead of giving them the same wide variety of clothing as their male counterparts. Pandering is bad if it's based on stereotypes and biases.

Pandering is only bad because people find it patronizing, I know I’m better than anyone who has ever at any time had an advertising job, so I never feel patronized, because those people are all pieces of poo poo like in Glengarry Glen Ross, and they NEED my patronage. They are at MY mercy.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Phlegmish posted:

Had to look up this person. Still not sure what they're known for

Literally only know this one:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Are boy mermaids merbutlers?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Das Boo posted:

Literally only know this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o23w8i0H-w

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Yaldabaoth posted:

Imho pandering is also bad when it tricks (naive, in all fairness) people into thinking that the company shares their values, like when a company plays up their tax-evasive charity to get hippie money or whatever.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Alright, you've convinced me.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

So her whole gimmick is being a parody rapper? That finally explains why she chose such a stupid name for herself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
All this because some ancient mariner saw a manatee and thought about his wife