Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Then Herbert took a shot to the ribs but had a sick drive to bring it within a field goal.

The onside kick was loose but in the end the Chiefs recovered it.

Their crowd still does that horrible chant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Please be okay, Herbie.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

this should be worth like 10 points

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Staley is immensely stupid for not pulling Herbert, jesus christ

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Thursday night games suck.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I hated the end of that game more than any game I can remember. It's cool and all that Herbert can lead a drive clearly hosed but Staley you need to loving pull the future of your goddamn franchise in that situation

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Also I do not blame Herbert for one second for wanting to stay in the game. Coaches need to be there to protect players from themselves

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Herbert drama aside (yes take him out of the game you fools), like many games the Chargers play I feel like they should have won this one.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Risking your stud franchise qb for want of an onside kick

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

a neat cape posted:

Staley is immensely stupid for not pulling Herbert, jesus christ

i hope he’s ok.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Grittybeard posted:

Herbert drama aside (yes take him out of the game you fools), like many games the Chargers play I feel like they should have won this one.

Can’t throw a pick six from the goal line, that was the difference

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pron on VHS posted:

That poor dude who was the target absolutely needed to come out of the game before that too. Not for injury reasons but he was running on fumes and knew it, but they wanted to go quick so they couldn't sub for him.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Pron on VHS posted:

I mean, Mahomes threw what would have been an identical pick 6 if Samuel holds on.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1570602604505272320

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
The Chargers came real drat close to winning what was, arguably, the toughest game on their entire schedule. It was also against the Chiefs who smoked the Cardinals into the loving ground last week. Absolutely no shame on them.

I WILL be mad if they got Herbert seriously hurt, he's awesome and deserves good things and also the Chargers are going to be in a real rough place without him. That said, their next two games are Jaguars and Texans, so if he does need some weeks out it might not be a death sentence? Neither of those teams looks like a world beater right now.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Chiefs recovering the onside kick may have saved Herbert’s career. Unless they score a touchdown a tie means another quarter.

Chargers charged it up but probably for the best the game ended. Save Herbie, should have sat him and let him recover.

If the Chargers play the Jags next, sit Herbie and let him heal up.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Well maybe the Chargers will actually beat them in LA for once.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I wish Reid would let Mahomes do QB sneaks again, two big 3rd/4th and 1s would have had much bigger shot of converting.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Non Herbert things:

Thought the defense played well, considering who the opponent was. Samuel had two near picks, tackling looked much improved outside of that long run late in the 4th.

Playcalling still seems overly conservative, but after losing two linemen, I guess I get it.

Beating KC in KC would have been nice, but this team is gonna be judged on what they do in their next few games. We missed the playoffs last year because we couldn't take care of business against the Vikings, Texans, and Broncos. Our next three games are the Jags, Texans, and Browns. We will see.

Please be ok Herbie :(

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

https://twitter.com/peterberkes/status/1570613791267893248?t=yC0qr4wYKnFhFNgJTOz42Q&s=19

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

a neat cape posted:

Non Herbert things:

Thought the defense played well, considering who the opponent was. Samuel had two near picks, tackling looked much improved outside of that long run late in the 4th.

Playcalling still seems overly conservative, but after losing two linemen, I guess I get it.

Beating KC in KC would have been nice, but this team is gonna be judged on what they do in their next few games. We missed the playoffs last year because we couldn't take care of business against the Vikings, Texans, and Broncos. Our next three games are the Jags, Texans, and Browns. We will see.

Your backup should be able to win 2 of the next 3.

Maybe.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

a neat cape posted:

Non Herbert things:

The Browns are in weaker form here too, with no Watson. The Panthers put that team on the ropes, it's definitely a winnable game. After that comes the Broncos, which looked like a much harder game before week 1, and the Seahawks, which... looked like a much EASIER game before week 1. Then the bye.

This is definitely a winnable portion of the schedule IMO.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Your backup should be able to win 2 of the next 3.

Maybe.

I watched Daniel throw in the preseason. I'd rather Rivers come out of retirement and start than Daniel

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Redeye Flight posted:

The Browns are in weaker form here too, with no Watson. The Panthers put that team on the ropes, it's definitely a winnable game. After that comes the Broncos, which looked like a much harder game before week 1, and the Seahawks, which... looked like a much EASIER game before week 1. Then the bye.

This is definitely a winnable portion of the schedule IMO.

Browns only won because of dumb as gently caress coaching and extremely poo poo referee calls too.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Chucktesla posted:

I watched Daniel throw in the preseason. I'd rather Rivers come out of retirement and start than Daniel

Let’s make that happen

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Chucktesla posted:

woah woah woah we do not talk ill of the Daniel here

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

a neat cape posted:

Our next three games are the Jags, Texans, and Browns. We will see.

Sounds like three wins.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Lmao

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Herbie :unsmith:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
That was a fun, solid, and decently played game and I hope Herbert is good because he's a lot of fun to watch. Mahomes is always fun to watch since he pulls out ridiculous poo poo all the time but it's good when someone else can meet him on that level.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I mean, come on now.

https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/status/1570619059326308352

On the other hand maybe the Chiefs are masters of hitting someone's solar plexus every play.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Good time for a mini bye.

This one's on Staley

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it would be wild if the chiefs host the afccg

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/1570599517749399553?t=m7V3LLFqCxhJRobJr4T1GQ&s=19

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Getting the wind knocked out of you doesn't result in so much pain that you can't jog 2 yards 5 minutes later. That looked like some real damage.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

So uh, is the same medical staff that punctured Tyrod Taylor still around?

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

BlindSite posted:

Browns only won because of dumb as gently caress coaching and extremely poo poo referee calls too.

Don't forget the 217 rushing yards and the Panther offense being a tire fire for most of the first half.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
In the end I don't think there's very much to gather from a Thursday night game other than who gets hurt. It's gonna be bullshit one way or the other.

Which is good and bad news for both teams, perhaps significantly bad news for the Chargers (I hope, not).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

In the end I don't think there's very much to gather from a Thursday night game other than who gets hurt. It's gonna be bullshit one way or the other.

Which is good and bad news for both teams, perhaps significantly bad news for the Chargers (I hope, not).

The hope right now is that it's a cartilage injury or just bruised ribs. Sucks but at leas there are 10 days to rest up.

Pipkins was on the sideline with his helmet on and wasn't limping at the end of the game.

No word on Linsley.