Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cavauro posted:

I hope the Steelers win the Super Bowl

I do not wish this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bengals getting their greatest QB and then letting him die on the field feels very Bengals.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

For the Bengals it's probably not going to get better this week against the Jets. Our run defense is an abject trash fire but but the pass rush is stout and deep.

Plus Carl Lawson Revenge Game potential.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

For the Bengals it's probably not going to get better this week against the Jets. Our run defense is an abject trash fire but but the pass rush is stout and deep.

Plus Carl Lawson Revenge Game potential.

Would like to see the Jets DL win this game on their own.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

That seems like a very silly metric aside from the basic "higher is better", since a a good D could cover for a horrible O-line and make you seem neutral even while your QB is getting destroyed on the reg

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

best team sack differential seems just as valid and interesting without attributing a misleading purpose to it. you can just look at sacks allowed to find that. i am an expert

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

had posted this to the wrong thread. this is where i meant to post it:

beat my rear end

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
There is a positive correlation between getting sacked and getting your rear end beat.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
One big comeback and a few bills fans are absolutely letting Miami live rent free in their head this week lol Jesus Christ. Even pretending to *now* care about a teams morality.

Bills signed and desperately tried to keep a rapist *punter*. And had to do so kicking and screaming. Clearly Evil team.

Tyreek Hill, as demonstrated, is clearly a sociopath nut job who. Awful person. They traded and made him richer than hell because we knew he’d be a gamechanging piece. Miamis an evil team.

The patriots literally re hired, internally promoted and even go out of their way to get a rapist TWO paychecks. And they put him in charge of an OFFENSE. Patriots - most evil team.

Jets - nobody cares about the jets they’re garbage.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
All football teams are inherently bad, they’re capitalists.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I wish any game was flex-eligible any time in the season. Bills/Dolphins being a 1pm game is bullshit

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

AndrewP posted:

I wish any game was flex-eligible any time in the season. Bills/Dolphins being a 1pm game is bullshit

When it's 35-0 by half time you won't care anymore.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
https://twitter.com/kostancaaa__/status/1572567172953808899?s=46&t=V_aNgbIlB7MN4ni2m6NgFg

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

One big comeback and a few bills fans are absolutely letting Miami live rent free in their head this week lol Jesus Christ. Even pretending to *now* care about a teams morality.

I'm not a Bills fan but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they probably don't give a poo poo about Miami when their team is performing like it is

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

i wonder what the texans differential was the year David Carr got sent out there to die for 16 games

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

JPrime posted:

i wonder what the texans differential was the year David Carr got sent out there to die for 16 games

minus 41. Last year the average team had 39 sacks total, and that's with an extra game, so.... that's probably the worst ever.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I don’t get what sack differential is supposed to prove since it involves two completely separate units

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's just a plus minus. same as turnover differential. what's the big deal. oh it's a frigging trick and a joke! why is everyone being like this. sorry dude. I'm pissed about my ddistracted quarterback who is obsessed with his social media apps.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AndrewP posted:

I don’t get what sack differential is supposed to prove since it involves two completely separate units

IT MEASURES THE MEAT IN THE TRENCHES. THE WAR BETWEEN MEN WHERE BLOOD IS SPILLED FOR EACH PRECIOUS BLADE OF GRASS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsHCcu0Mz2E

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mystic Stylez posted:

I'm not a Bills fan but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they probably don't give a poo poo about Miami when their team is performing like it is

*Tell me you don’t read the AFCE thread or watch the pregame show Without telling me*

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Nosre posted:

That seems like a very silly metric aside from the basic "higher is better", since a a good D could cover for a horrible O-line and make you seem neutral even while your QB is getting destroyed on the reg

yes and that might indicate that a good d is carrying the team and they might be ok even if the offense is bad. that's, like, the point. that exact reason is why he said that

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Mystic Stylez posted:

Bills fans were chanting “Tua sucks” on ESPN pregame before the Titans game.

It’s weird man cause they’re gonna smoke us.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I feel like the ultimate outcome of this season is the Bills losing to Brady in the Super Bowl before he finally retires, as that would be the most miserable outcome for Bills fans when it was finally Their Year, and at the hands of their long-hated nemesis that they can't even get revenge on anymore.

It is weird seeing a team as incredibly hyped as the Bills actually live up to the hype, even if the Rams and Titans don't look nearly as good as last year. I don't think they've allowed any points in the second half yet, either, while tearing apart opposing defenses with Allen and Diggs and scoring big. They're gonna have some really fun games in the future!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I know a Bills fan that absolutely hates the Dolphins as much as he does the Pats. Some of those Marino years were real tough on fans of a certain age it seems.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I think it has been demonstrated that statistically, the QB you are facing and the one you are protecting make as much (or more) of a difference in sack totals as the guys on the line.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I know a Bills fan that absolutely hates the Dolphins as much as he does the Pats. Some of those Marino years were real tough on fans of a certain age it seems.

That's weird because the Bills are considered one of the primary reasons Marino didn't make it back to the Super Bowl in the 90s. They won the AFC 4 years in a row during Marino's prime.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
For real, and they might kill our sweet Hawaiian Roll on Sunday :ohno:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Imagine meeting a Bengals fan who hated the Browns more then the Steelers

Or a Browns fan who hated the Steelers more then the Browns.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ehud posted:

That's weird because the Bills are considered one of the primary reasons Marino didn't make it back to the Super Bowl in the 90s. They won the AFC 4 years in a row during Marino's prime.

Hmmm, sounds like this Marino guy was a real chump.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Old timers hate the Dolphins because the Bills didn’t beat them once during the entire 1970s

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ehud posted:

Yeah. It's weird. My guy was born in like 78 so I can't imagine what else it could be.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Android Apocalypse posted:

Jimmy G winning then flipping double birds to Shannahan & Lynch on his way to free agency would be :discourse:

This would work better if the 49ers were up by 1 and in position to kneel it out, but instead Jimmy runs through the back of the end zone while screaming profanities at 49er management.

He would never play in the league again and may well get literally killed, but the stunt itself would be funny as hell.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lmao

https://twitter.com/DetroitOnLion/status/1572697209438871553

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yeah. It's weird. My guy was born in like 78 so I can't imagine what else it could be.

Maybe Brian Cox hurt his feelings ???

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think most of the 40+ year old Jets fans had always considered the Dolphins their primary rivals. I always hated them the most because Fake Spike Game was my first game.

The Patriots changed all that starting with Parcells and Belichick but gently caress them both. I’m more ok with the Bills being good than either of them.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I find Mike McDaniel and to a lesser extent Tua likable, just gently caress the Dolphins like always.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It is funny how the entire division is like yeah the Bills are ok I guess.

Probably the biggest insult there could be.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

AndrewP posted:

It's not. They've had two in a row and I say that as someone who has admittedly been enjoying all of the attention they've been getting.

TheBizzness posted:

Bills fans were chanting “Tua sucks” on ESPN pregame before the Titans game.

And? The Dolphins are our division rival and they are in our way. What's so hard to understand? I hate your colors I hate your stupid dolphin wearing a helmet and your stupid dolphin not wearing a helmet.
I hate the ephemeral and fickle nature of Dolphins fans who do not honor the Old Gods and Old Blood.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

pasaluki posted:

And? The Dolphins are our division rival and they are in our way. What's so hard to understand? I hate your colors I hate your stupid dolphin wearing a helmet and your stupid dolphin not wearing a helmet.
I hate the ephemeral and fickle nature of Dolphins fans who do not honor the Old Gods and Old Blood.

Thank you so much for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012