Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

herbert will be healthy for the remainder of the season. his full name means righteous noble illustrious warrior. joe burrow's name means jehovah shall add meadow hole dweller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
Urk. 😧

Like, with the momentum of the game at that point, I'm pretty sure the Chiefs would have won that anyway.

But Herbie! 😭 God that was painful to watch. To whoever said it was a good thing for Herbie that he didn't equalize at the end and push into overtime: holy gently caress yes.

I can't remember the last time I wailed that much at the TV over something game-impacting happening to an opposing team.

Please be OK, Hair Bert. You're my favourite QB since Mahomes, and seeing the two of you duel is the best thing in football. Plus you're really nice and I can't stand seeing you hurt. 😢 Bolt up.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I will be so loving mad if the Chargers let Herbert get Andrew Luck'd

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

What a weird way to answer this question.

https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/1570625584174342144

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Chargers had so many little moments, that if just 1 went their way, they could have won it. Buffalo was rooting for Herbie last night for sure. Please be ok buddy :(

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah as someone that was rooting for the Chargers, it was a bit maddening to see like three sure Mahomes picks dropped and then watch Herbie's pick immediately punish him to the tune of a likely 14 point swing.

Mahomes doesn't have many games like this! I don't want the Chiefs to win them.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I dunno man

https://twitter.com/MainTeamSports2/status/1570610974759198721?s=20&t=--iU3t2Ex31UHSpZp_Mstg

that would concern me!

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
That sidearm TD pass from Mahomes in the second quarter was terrifying to behold.

The way he contorts his body like an octopus in an erlenmeyer flask while on the run and threw that pass perfectly...too good

Mahomes, Herbert, Allen, Lamar....
All four QBs have freakish abilities (stand powers) and completely different play styles but goddamn they can just do amazing poo poo that nobody else can. If they can stay healthy it's going to be a new Golden Age of QBs.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

If two of them could somehow end up in the NFC that’d be great

It’s like a godamn buzz saw made up of good young QB play in the AFC right now

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Yeah, I describe games as "crazy" all the time, but that was truly crazy. He shouldn't have been anywhere near the field. What an incredibly stupid risk to put him back out there.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

He grooved an absolutely beautiful 30 yard pass to a guy who was blanketed in coverage the play after this.

Like yeah, he should absolutely have not been in the game because come on, anyone in the world could see that. But at the same time just a :stare: moment for a great QB.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

pasaluki posted:

That sidearm TD pass from Mahomes in the second quarter was terrifying to behold.

The way he contorts his body like an octopus in an erlenmeyer flask while on the run and threw that pass perfectly...too good

Mahomes, Herbert, Allen, Lamar....
All four QBs have freakish abilities (stand powers) and completely different play styles but goddamn they can just do amazing poo poo that nobody else can. If they can stay healthy it's going to be a new Golden Age of QBs.

Part of me laments that the Bears didn't draft Mahomes, but the other part knows that if the Bears had him, he would never ever be as good as he is now. He'd probably be a backup on some other team at this point.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/kpatra/status/1570742913524449283?t=aMhM81XvXc0ojIyDgMrBzA&s=19

lol I wish players dunking on PFF became a trend

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He's just getting ahead of it because the game he had with like 3 interceptable balls is absolutely going to be graded poorly.

e: Looks like PFF grades are already up and both of them with meh grades.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Part of me laments that the Bears didn't draft Mahomes, but the other part knows that if the Bears had him, he would never ever be as good as he is now. He'd probably be a backup on some other team at this point.

Alot of me laments the Bears didn't draft Mahomes!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Mahomes landed in the perfect spot with a smart HC that loves insane offenses & an ok veteran QB to sit behind for a bit to learn how life in the NFL is like.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I am sure some nerd has dropped Ints as a stat somewhere. Where is it

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

butt %

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

That's what TWP is, Turnover Worthy Plays. Also listed as a percentage of plays for extra analytical umph.

Butt % is actually Big Time Throws, which is any throw that twitches the penis of the low paid grader.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

That's what TWP is, Turnover Worthy Plays. Also listed as a percentage of plays for extra analytical umph.

Butt % is actually Big Time Throws, which is any throw that twitches the penis of the low paid grader.

So is this how PFF can make lists where Ryan Tannehill is better than Mahomes?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I appreciate that BUTT and FUM are next to each other

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Diva Cupcake posted:

The TNG game between the two young gunslingers had penises twitching across this great nation

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The TNG game between the two young gunslingers had penises twitching across this great nation

I can just hear this in Al Michaels'voice.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
mahomes complaining about PFF after a game in which he mostly played like poo poo is very funny to me

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Herbie :unsmith:

Herbie's ribs :smith:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I'm excited to see how Mahomes continues to do with no WR1 and a committee at running back. Very different offense than the MVP year with Tyreek Hill, healthy Sammy Watkins, Kareem Hunt

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So is this how PFF can make lists where Ryan Tannehill is better than Mahomes?

Sorry, I can't hear you behind these mountains of printed shirts.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1570815064059551744?t=R6ZmAFSoYrqSGiWChozWIw&s=19

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I cracked my ribs 8 weeks ago today.

I am still in pain and not fully healed.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

kiimo posted:

I cracked my ribs 8 weeks ago today.

I am still in pain and not fully healed.

Yeah but how many thousands of dollars worth of pain killers do you have at your fingertips

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Android Apocalypse posted:

Mahomes landed in the perfect spot with a smart HC that loves insane offenses & an ok veteran QB to sit behind for a bit to learn how life in the NFL is like.

This is true, but he is also a phenomenal talent. He was doing all of the crazy poo poo he does now back in high school. He's merely more refined as he keeps playing and getting better.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is true, but he is also a phenomenal talent. He was doing all of the crazy poo poo he does now back in high school. He's merely more refined as he keeps playing and getting better.

Doesn’t matter the Bears will destroy all your god given talent

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's important for every organization to have their core competencies.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This guy gets it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

da bears

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1570880595672309763?s=46&t=Y9wuLTyqbY-WYpf7zuckFw

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

who is the Chargers back up quarterback, nathan peterman?

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Alaois posted:

Chase Daniel

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Alaois posted:

literally a bear lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Alaois posted:

https://defector.com/know-your-backup-quarterbacks-2022-edition/

The legendary Chase Daniels. His presence on the Charger's roster is proof enough that Herbie is going to be fine and Daniels will continue to collect large sums of money for holding a clipboard.

Los Angeles Chargers: Chase Daniel
Known for: Anytime Daniel sees any amount of action, Twitter can’t get over how much money he has made compared to his actual playing time. Daniel is the current poster boy for The Backup Lifestyle, a career clipboard holder who is still collecting that cash and “guiding” the youth. He’s already making moves already towards a post-football career in media.
Career earnings: $41,828,471