Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Yami Fenrir posted:

Who did you mark HCT?

Saladscooper and Illusionis, but I don't know what the mark does either. We seem to be literal mirror images of each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
If you don't want to full claim, can you confirm that you didn't mark any of MSRR's marks? Because this is really starting to sound like you're gathering allies.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
That's only two, who was #3?

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Oh, sorry, no, saladscooper was N1 when I was jailed. My other mark is Sporkchan.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Oh, and Cloaca, I jailed you last night. Sorry. I got the jail from shwinn after he jailed me N1 and I thought you were scummy.

Wait, last night? My action succeeded, I was only jailed on N1 and N2.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Cloacamazing! posted:

Wait, last night? My action succeeded, I was only jailed on N1 and N2.

I meant night 2. I had nothing I could use N3. I marked Illusionis and investigated you (you are not my rival!).

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
okay this is fun and all but what are we gonna do here? because we still need to vote out scum or 3p or whatever

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Seems that way, yeah. it fukkin sucks lmao - everybody up in here talking about all their cool abilities and traits and I'm sitting back here running a bunch of scanners. :(

Imagine me, I didn't start with a single ability! I just got the jail after shwinn jailed me.

Tired Moritz posted:

okay this is fun and all but what are we gonna do here? because we still need to vote out scum or 3p or whatever

I think we should vote Idle Amalgam. By process of elimination, he's a very likely target because he's unaccounted for last night, he has been on all the mislunch wagons, and initiated several of them.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Worth noting: HCT and I awaken if we Investigate each other, or if the other dies.

Not sure exactly how everybody wants to work that into the meta, but probably a good idea to keep in mind.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Imagine me, I didn't start with a single ability! I just got the jail after shwinn jailed me.

I think we should vote Idle Amalgam. By process of elimination, he's a very likely target because he's unaccounted for last night, he has been on all the mislunch wagons, and initiated several of them.

Well, I explained that I am in fact a pacifist and ahve been the whole game. I was a fanatic pacifist until last night when I shifted to xenophile from xenophobe.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Agreed. Out of everyone on my suspects list, he really is the most suspecty.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Idle Amalgam posted:

Well, I explained that I am in fact a pacifist and ahve been the whole game. I was a fanatic pacifist until last night when I shifted to xenophile from xenophobe.

I don't know what's going on right now with these materialist rivals or w.e., but like I said, town has probably lost unfortunately. I think this game is between 3p and scum at this point and there must be some conflict in their win cons.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
From a general point of view, I kind of want to see what happens if you awaken. From a bystander point of view, I'm not sure I should be in the same galaxy when it does happen.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##shoot HCT
##vote Ilusion
##extravote Illusion

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
##vote Ilusion
##extravote Illusion

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
I am the Senate.

##vote Illusion
##doublevote Illusion
##extra vote Illusion
##extra vote Illusion

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Sorry, MSRR... Three out of four was pretty impressive though. ##extravote Illusionis

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
uh so does anyone wanna confess who visited me too though?

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Idle Amalgam posted:

This is not how ethic shifting works!

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Shifting from 1 fanatic and 1 regular ethic

Scenario 1 - Shifting towards your non fanatic ethic. You regular ethic becomes fanatic and your original fanatic ethic is downgraded to the regular variant.
e.g fanatic materialist, pacifist —> shift pacifist —> materialist, fanatic pacifist

Scenario 2 - Shifting towards an ethic rivalling one of your current ethics. Your new ethic will replace the rival one. If the original ethic was fanatic then your second original ethic gets a free upgrade to fanatic.
e.g fanatic materialist, pacifist —> shift spiritualist —> spiritualist, fanatic pacifist

Scenario 3 - Shifting towards an ethic not rivalling any of your current ethics. The new ethic will be adopted and your fanatic ethic will be downgraded to the regular variant.
e.g fanatic materialist, pacifist —> shift egalitarian—> materialist, pacifist, egalitarian

If you were really fanatic pacifist + xenophobe and shifted towards xenophile, you would be fanatic pacifist + xenophile today.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.
Uh.. what?

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Just in case some of those extra votes aren't real.

##vote Illusionis

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Illusionis (10): b-minus1, Idle Amalgam, Yami Fenrir, SporkChan, b-minus1, Idle Amalgam, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Cloacamazing!

Not Voting (4): Hyper Crab Tank, Illusionis, My Second Re-Reg, Tired Moritz

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 07th, 2022 at 7 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

The following day a huge coalition fleet immediately began sweeping the remaining free empires. Emboldened by their so far flawless campaign they now looked to strike the final killing blows.

Hyper Crab Tank, Evandari Watchers (Self-aligned) and
Illusionis, Keerim Imperium (Town-aligned) have been destroyed Day 3.

quote:

Evandari Watchers (Self-aligned).

You are a Fallen Empire. The stagnant remains of an ancient and once powerful galactic civilisation.

Due to the stagnant nature of your government you have only one fanatic ethic and cannot ethic shift.

Your win condition is currently hidden.

Starting Ethics
Fanatic Materialist: Your empire believes that your race's future is to transcend biology and integrate with technology. Heavy investment in research allows you to reverse engineer other empires' tech.

Personality
Keepers of Knowledge: Your empire dedicates itself to the hoarding of advanced technologies and believes the lesser races are too irresponsible to obtain them. You are currently engaged in a Cold War with your bitter rival the Hiffnar Archivists.

Each night as free actions you may do the following 2 things:
-Mark one player as part of your future sphere of influence.
-Investigate one player to determine if they are your rival.

If you successful discover your rival, are yourself discovered or your rival dies you will awaken, changing your personality and revealing your win condition.

You cannot ethic shift or lose this personality.

quote:

Keerim Imperium (Town-aligned).

Your empire is ruled by a monarch who engages in regular ritualistic sacrifice.

You win when all threats to Town are eliminated.

Starting Ethics
Xenophile: Your empire believes in cooperation with other alien races.
Militarist: Your empire's martial prowess and large fleet makes you a formidable military force.
Spiritualist: Your empire is built around a strong spiritual base. Your population's latent psionic abilities allows you to interfere with the actions of other empires.

Personality
Evangelising Zealots: Your empire believes in spreading your faith throughout the galaxy, by force if necessary.

Each night you may do one of the following free actions:
-Target one player to infiltrate with your missionaries, ethic shifting them towards spiritualist.
-Empowerer (make target’s actions unblockable) or roleblock all infiltrated players that still hold spiritualist ethics. This is a remote action.

Linked ethics: Militarist, Spiritualist

Tired Moritz, Reshethi Technocracy (Town-aligned) has been endgamed.

quote:

Reshethi Technocracy (Town-aligned).

Your empire is controlled by a committee of elite scientists. Science and technology is valued above all else.

You win when all threats to Town are eliminated.

Starting Ethics
Fanatic Materialist: Your empire believes that your race's future is to transcend biology and integrate with technology. Heavy investment in research allows you to reverse engineer other empires' tech.

Personality
Erudite Explorers: Your empire is focused on the pursuit of knowledge and the exploration of the galaxy.

Each night you have a chance to passively gain a rare and powerful artefact. Your chance to succeed begins at 25% and will increase by 10% each night as the game progresses. You may only gain 1 artefact per game.

Linked ethics: Materialist, Xenophile

Yami Fenrir, Mandasura Cartel (Scum-aligned),
Idle Amalgam, Maweer Caretakers (Scum-aligned),
Cloacamazing!, Foundation of Ztrakpor-Ohdri (Scum-aligned) and
b-minus1, Free Reyenne Tribes (Scum-aligned) have achieved a perfect scum victory!

quote:

Mandasura Cartel (Scum-aligned).

You are a criminal syndicate that has taken complete control of the state apparatus.

You win when Scum control the vote.

Starting Ethics
Militarist: Your empire's martial prowess and large fleet makes you a formidable military force.
Materialist: Your empire believes in the value of scientific advances. Increased research funding allows you to reverse engineer other empires' tech.

Personality
Ruthless Capitalists: Your corporate ethos is to chase profit at any cost, including through the use of force.

Each night as a free action you may choose one player to steal a random one shot ability from.

Linked ethics: Militarist, Materialist

quote:

Maweer Caretakers (Scum-aligned).

Your empire is controlled by a form of pacifist dictatorship. Complete state control is aimed at eliminating any violence between your citizens.

Starting Ethics
Fanatic Pacifist: Your empire completely abhors all violence and will only use force for self defence. Other empires are also more likely to defend you if you are attacked.
Xenophobe: Your empire is distrustful of alien races and will resist outside influence or aggression.

Personality
Xenophobic Isolationists: Your empire despises all xenos and is not interested in galactic diplomacy.

Each night, as a free action you may make yourself completely untargetable by any actions. If you choose to use this ability anyone targeting you will receive flavour hinting at your personality and you will be publicly hated (-1 vote to eliminate) the following day.

Linked ethics: Pacifist, Xenophobe.

quote:

Foundation of Ztrakpor-Ohdri (Scum-aligned).

Your empire is ruled by an autocratic dictator supported by the official state religion.

Starting Ethics
Fanatic Xenophile: Your empire believes in complete integration with other alien races and has the diplomatic weight to enforce limited blockades.
Spiritualist: Your empire is built around a strong spiritual base. Your population's latent psionic abilities allows you to interfere with the actions of other empires.

Personality
Spiritual Seekers: Your empire seeks peace among other empires and isn't afraid to use spiritual means to manipulate galactic politics.

Each night as a free action you may do one of the following:
-Steal one other player's vote for the following day. If you choose to do this you will also become publicly hated (-1 vote to eliminate) the following day.
-Give one other player your vote for the following day. If you choose to do this you will be loved (+1 vote to eliminate) the following day.

Linked ethics: Xenophile, Spiritualist.

quote:

Free Reyenne Tribes (Scum-aligned).

Your empire is ruled by a militarist democratic system where all free warriors can have their voices heard.

Starting Ethics
Fanatic Xenophile: Your empire believes in complete integration with other alien races and has the diplomatic weight to enforce limited blockades.
Militarist: Your empire's martial prowess and large fleet makes you a formidable military power.

Personality
Honorbound Warriors: Your empire's pops value honor and martial prowess above all else. You begin the game with 1 x day vigilante. Every time your faction withholds the night kill you will receive another charge of day vigilante.

Linked ethics: Xenophile, Militarist.

Meanwhile, in the more isolated sectors of the galaxy, the great decedent and ancient empires return to their slumber. Safe in the knowledge their supremacy has not been challenged.

My Second Re-Reg, Hiffnar Archivists (Self-aligned) and
SporkChan, Zaanami Shard (Self-aligned) have achieved their win conditions!

quote:

Hiffnar Archivists (Self-aligned).

You are a Fallen Empire. The stagnant remains of an ancient and once powerful galactic civilisation.

Due to the stagnant nature of your government you have only one fanatic ethic and cannot ethic shift.

Your win condition is currently hidden. You win when Scum control the vote.

Starting Ethics
Fanatic Spiritualist: Your empire is built around a spiritual base and believes in the spiritual ascension of all organic life. Powerful psionic technology allows you to completely alter or block the actions of other empires.

Personality
Holy Guardians: Your empire dedicates itself to the preservation and defence of its holy sites. You are currently engaged in a Cold War with your bitter rival the Evandari Watchers.

Each night as free actions you may do the following 2 things:
-Mark one player as part of your future sphere of influence.
-Investigate one player to determine if they are your rival.

If you successful discover your rival, are yourself discovered or your rival dies you will awaken, changing your personality and revealing your win condition.

quote:

Zaanami Shard (Self-aligned).

You win by surviving to endgame.

Starting Ethics
Fanatic Xenophobe: Your empire despises alien races and will heavily resist outside influence or aggression.

Personality
Militant Isolationist: Your empire dedicates itself to defending its borders from any incursions. The politics of lesser races do not concern you.

You begin the game with 2 charges of deathproof (protection from kills and eliminations). Losing both charges will awaken you, changing your personality and win condition.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Played us like absolute fiddles they did

gg scum

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Haha, we were actually discussing if it was possible to get MSRR to win with us and we did!

That was one great post where you caught three of us.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Well that was some end. I wasn’t entirely happy how the setup played in the end and would definitely change a few things if I had the chance to go back. Sorry especially to HCT and MSRR for leaving them in the lurch most of the game!

Anyway I hope everyone had fun! Constructive feedback is also very welcome.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
So many 3p. Great game all, thanks for game Obama.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Well that was some end. I wasn’t entirely happy how the setup played in the end and would definitely change a few things if I had the chance to go back. Sorry especially to HCT and MSRR for leaving them in the lurch most of the game!

Anyway I hope everyone had fun! Constructive feedback is also very welcome.

As I said in scumchat, I legit thought Green Wing was a SK because there is just so much killing power. The Fallen Empire idea sounds really cool though.

Scum probably had too easy of an access to extra votes/started with too many, is what I'd say.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I can't believe town had that beautiful post from MSRR and went "wow great points...but Green Wing!"

gg scum, I haven't seen a good scum rush in awhile!

Also thanks OA, I always sing your praises because your games are fun and unique, hope these newer players walk away feeling the same.

Now go sign up for Meens game!

Maerlyn fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Oct 5, 2022

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Maerlyn posted:

I can't believe town had that beautiful post from MSRR and went "wow great points...but Green Wing!"

I mean, it kinda changed my mind in that I now thought Green Wing was town. So I wasn't gonna change my vote!

Thanks for the great game Obama, lots of fun. Loved the flavor too.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sandwolf has been avenged.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Thanks, Obama.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Thanks for the game!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Yami Fenrir posted:

Thanks for the game!

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Sorry especially to HCT and MSRR for leaving them in the lurch most of the game!

It was a very different experience and, honestly, I had a lot of fun. I mentioned in my confessional that the role felt very "lonely" - no friends, no allies, not even knowing my win condition. Just a rival and me, both trying to tap dance.

gg;wp to scum, well played everybody, and thank you Obama for running the game. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Good work scum, that was fun way to end it.

Also great work MSRR!

Thanks Obama!