Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

A Russian troll farm posted:

if a restaurant asks me to scan a qr code to see the menu i'm gonna come back later and wreck up the place

Yeah wtf is this QR code BS, more places started using them when the US did it's first "lockdown".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Yeah wtf is this QR code BS, more places started using them when the US did it's first "lockdown".

oh i actually don't like these either

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

kuz youre not allowed to touch things other ppl touch due to roni. menus = banned and that means ur safe. its that easy

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

HashtagGirlboss posted:

These are related

Streaming has doomed us all to mediocre entertainment and I for one will complain loudly about it while continuing to pay for six different streaming services that I watch one thing on each and going to a feature length film in a theater no more than once a year

As god intended

I'm literally a boomer watching old VHS tapes and DVDs. physical media for teh epic win goon sire

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Pretty sure it’s just a way to make you pay and tip in advance of service

I haven’t seen anywhere that forces you to use them except at airports but I’m sure there are places that do like that one lovely Amazon trial convenience store in Seattle a few years ago that was cc only

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

big titty anime puppets play mario

yeah?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Smythe posted:

kuz youre not allowed to touch things other ppl touch due to roni. menus = banned and that means ur safe. its that easy

dont care, get rid of them

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
My dog keeps licking her rear end and it makes the room stink

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

dont care, get rid of them

instead of printing 99999 theatre programs ($$$) instead i have a qr code and also i can continue to make copy edits & changes throughout the run instead of putting thousands of program inserts so im sorry to say the qr code is staying

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
a while back I went to buy some food and wanted to pay cash and they were like no we don't take cash it's cards or apps only and I was like wtf

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Smythe posted:

instead of printing 99999 theatre programs ($$$) instead i have a qr code and also i can continue to make copy edits & changes throughout the run instead of putting thousands of program inserts so im sorry to say the qr code is staying

ya but instead of talking or making eye contact with anyone i can just look at the menu pretending to read the items

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

vyelkin posted:

a while back I went to buy some food and wanted to pay cash and they were like no we don't take cash it's cards or apps only and I was like wtf

Good that is what your dumb rear end gets for trying to pay with cash.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
every time one of these zoomers rents a car from us I tell them probably three or five times to replace the gas and those fuckers still don’t

just had some shithead tik tok “star” yell at my supervisor over the gas fees

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Good that is what your dumb rear end gets for trying to pay with cash.

cash is good my friend, it lets small businesses avoid credit card processing fees

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
and whatever happened to coffee flavored coffee

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

vyelkin posted:

cash is good my friend, it lets small businesses avoid credit card processing fees

Brother I have worked with enough small business types to know that I do not want to help them in any capacity.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Brother I have worked with enough small business types to know that I do not want to help them in any capacity.

that's very true but I still like to avoid big finance corporations skimming money off the top when possible

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

vyelkin posted:

during the summer when my entire staff got roni and i had to work front of house i didnt take the cash box down kuz im too lazy to make change or go to the bank. sorry

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Dr. Killjoy posted:

mopre and more I', tirmomg into densis firefucker

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

vyelkin posted:

what is this communist china

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
career streamers are upsetting to me as a thing that exists

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
what is a career streamer is that like a webcam of someone doing a job, like a train engineer or truck driver?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

what is a career streamer is that like a webcam of someone doing a job, like a train engineer or truck driver?

I think the op means people who live off of playing video games online, i.e. making a career off of playing video games

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Mr. Lobe posted:

I think the op means people who live off of playing video games online, i.e. making a career off of playing video games

Honestly thinking back to my younger brother and his friends who would spend hours watching me play video games and go complain to my parents if I stopped I think the popularity of video game streaming should have been obvious

Not gonna stop me from rolling my eyes at people who like to watch them though

Twitch enjoyers, you are pathetic I said it because it needed to be said

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/laserboat999/status/1570905065124409345

this but unironically

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

sick to death of all of these useless gadgets. hey heres a $300 watch that looks like poo poo and needs to be plugged in and by memorizing a series of swipe commands that work 80% of the time you can see the first nine letters of a text message you got. gently caress off

I hate having to recharge poo poo. phone, speakers, headphones, ear buds, nintendos, laptops. each one with a different loving charge port.

Either give it a loving plug or have it use AA batteries I can chuck in the garbage.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
the proper terms are bimbo/bimba

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Colleague of mine used ‘Stan’ in a sentence last week. I was like dude you’re 45 years old you can’t be using words I’ve only ever heard podcasters use

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Colleague of mine used ‘Stan’ in a sentence last week. I was like dude you’re 45 years old you can’t be using words I’ve only ever heard podcasters use

Otoh he probably actually remembers the Eminem single coming out

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

spacemang_spliff posted:

My dog keeps licking her rear end and it makes the room stink

lol

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

drat kids today don’t even know about building 7. What are these schools teaching them?

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

there are so many of these stupid tiktok words or wherever they come from that I hear from grown adults and it sets my teeth on edge every time. no stanley it's not "lowkey cringe for real" because you're a loving 36 year old white database administrator

BOGO LOAD posted:

I hate having to recharge poo poo. phone, speakers, headphones, ear buds, nintendos, laptops. each one with a different loving charge port.

Either give it a loving plug or have it use AA batteries I can chuck in the garbage.

thats whats up

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

there are so many of these stupid tiktok words or wherever they come from that I hear from grown adults and it sets my teeth on edge every time. no stanley it's not "lowkey cringe for real" because you're a loving 36 year old white database administrator

drat really sniping mcmagic with this comment

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

soyboys talking about "bussing it down" but havent touched public transit once in their lives

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

lil white boy couldnt "bus it down" even if his job depended on it

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

AnimeIsTrash posted:

lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
posting pictures of your pets everywhere is pathetic and mostly makes me think the person is a loser who really wanted kids

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

drat kids today don’t even know about building 7. What are these schools teaching them?

at my last job on 9/11 my genx boss got the surprise of his life when i told him to ask all the 25 year olds if bush did it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

lmao