Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

What are the zoomers doing to communicate now that they've dropped gifs? what's the cool new thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Thesaurus posted:

What are the zoomers doing to communicate now that they've dropped gifs? what's the cool new thing?

suicide

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Fortaleza posted:

OP is right, got carded at the Fred Meyer today and it was bullshit. Going full Ruby Ridge now

Fortaleza for what it’s worth I never doubted your experience. We each encounter these slings and arrows in real time. What matters is that you now fully understand the gross depravity that Fred Meyer (and parent Kroger) has forced upon a once free people

This cannot stand

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
they scan your ID to send directly to the communication portal with Satan at CERN, mark of the beast etc.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Private Cumshoe posted:

they scan your ID to send directly to the communication portal with Satan at CERN, mark of the beast etc.

Sharing this on Facebook and nextdoor

I didn’t realize how deep it went. Private Cumshoe, thank you, this is really vital information and it must be known

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

i think this ID poo poo is trumps fault, i noticed places started to get really strict at the same time that the smoking age got bumped up to 21. could just be a coincidence

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I'm just not gonna buy booze at fried meyer now, I mostly make my own or go to bars anyway

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

any internet celebrity engaging in parasocial behavior through paywalled communities deserves nothing but bad things. it takes a special kind of narcissistic evil to hijack the human desire for connection and friendship and funnel it into a paycheck

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

vyelkin posted:

a while back I went to buy some food and wanted to pay cash and they were like no we don't take cash it's cards or apps only and I was like wtf

A something awful poster: Cash won't disappear until drug dealers stop using it. Hi Bitcoin.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
I saw a teen that looked like he belonged in an Aaron Carter video a few days ago.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
anytime I am reminded of my alcoholism through the slightest barrier between myself and booze or anytime people on the internet enjoy something that the forum I pay on determined was bad and uncool. no, I don’t mean conspiracies and getting so angry about politics that I alienate my family, I mean MEMES.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
As a ~40 year old who lives somewhere with an 18 year old drinking age I've enjoyed being asked for ID 3 times in a month, even if I was wearing a mask. I'd hate to find out it was some sort of store policy behind it.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

posting pictures of your pets everywhere is pathetic and mostly makes me think the person is a loser who really wanted kids

fr fr animal lovers are lowkey cringe af simping for crotchgoblins

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Bob Socko posted:

What's fun is imagining what led to this. I wonder how many minors got away with buying beer/whatever during the pandemic due to masks? This inevitably led to busts at a couple of stores, some big fines, maybe even a half-assed lawsuit because someone's little angel drank liquor bought illicitly. So now Fred Meyer cards everyone, just in case.

Last time I tried to buy a tall boy I was asked to lower the mask

And it's like gently caress, why couldn't you have asked my middle-aged rear end for ID instead, instead of driving me further into the arms of Costco

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Last time I tried to buy a tall boy I was asked to lower the mask

And it's like gently caress, why couldn't you have asked my middle-aged rear end for ID instead, instead of driving me further into the arms of Costco

When they do this I just say no and wait for them to capitulate. I can go somewhere else and buy booze if I have to

It's bullshit anyway if some dude grew a beard since having his photo taken do you make them shave?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

not sure if mine count since I'm a legit boomer but:

* those loving status bars at the top of a news story you're reading. I'm not in kindergarten reading my first chapter book and idc if I'm 45 percent thru reading some 6-paragraph story.

* celebs trying to be serious on social media while in their underwear. "Look at my tiddies while I'm sad about ukrainian orphans."

* relatedly, dumbasses putting on neon eyeshadow while they talk about poor Britney. Pick a lane! And a better color for eyeshadow!

* those graphics on youtube thumbnails that look like the POW! BAM! cards from the old batman tv show.

* warnings on social-media posts. gently caress off with your "china state-sponsored media" liner notes.

also a big :yeah: to soundtracks masking dialog & using subtitles.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

all rap music is about how the guy is too sad and on too much xanax to gently caress or do anything fun. no good

theyre finally making rap music for goons and u can't just be grateful??

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

not sure if mine count since I'm a legit boomer but:

* those loving status bars at the top of a news story you're reading. I'm not in kindergarten reading my first chapter book and idc if I'm 45 percent thru reading some 6-paragraph story.

Ok I haven’t noticed this one yet but wtf who is that even for we already had a great way to decide if it was time to stop reading an article it was called getting bored and scrolling to the end

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Just watch the popup video, boomers love videos.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

Just watch the popup video, boomers love videos.

Local news site has one of those that waits until you hit the continue reading button and scroll into the meat off the article to pop up and auto play taking up 80% of the screen real estate and don’t dare x it off because it’ll pop right back up in five seconds

Lol I just wanted to see where the fire was or why there’s a bunch of sirens

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

hurr do I get a cookie if I make it to the end hurr

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

hurr do I get a cookie if I make it to the end hurr

Looks like you get your stars read!

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Worse than sound leveling in TV shows I find is the brightness. Almost everything is so dim you have to crank the brightness up just to see what's happening and it's not like my remote has brightness buttons on it, I've gotta go through a bunch of menu options and remember where they've hidden the setting.

Willa Rogers posted:

* celebs trying to be serious on social media while in their underwear. "Look at my tiddies while I'm sad about ukrainian orphans."

I would be OK with this if they paint one blue and one yellow.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i will never download one of those fast food apps

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i will never download one of those fast food apps

It’s the only way to afford it nowadays

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

“art”ist

ooh this is a good boomer complaint

fuckin "artists" on twitter complaining about everything

yeah you can draw big whoop so can plenty of people

all of them getting upset about AI generated art as if they dont all draw the same lookin' shite anyway

no poo poo its hard to make a living selling your elf drawings or inoffensive-looking cartoons about how sad you are

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1572273086711332865

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Lmao okay then it’s purple drank but even dumber

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
lean tasted like poo poo. gas

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Smythe posted:

lean tasted like poo poo. gas

Never tried it. Seemed like an incredibly bad idea

Knew a guy in college before purple drank/lean was a well known thing who would claim to have a drink he called the MMR which was makers mark and robitussin dm and he said it made you feel autistic (get it hahaha). Not sure if it was a joke or he really drank it but he went on to die very young of an overdose so idk

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Never tried it. Seemed like an incredibly bad idea

Knew a guy in college before purple drank/lean was a well known thing who would claim to have a drink he called the MMR which was makers mark and robitussin dm and he said it made you feel autistic (get it hahaha). Not sure if it was a joke or he really drank it but he went on to die very young of an overdose so idk

sad. rip

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

What’s the problem? Chicken noodle is good for a cough, so is NyQuil. That’s just efficiency.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Bs it's like one video. This generation is way too soft for NyQuil chicken

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

TikTok trend = ten thousand millennials losing their mind over seeing their first NyQuil chicken video

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Communist Thoughts posted:

ooh this is a good boomer complaint

fuckin "artists" on twitter complaining about everything

yeah you can draw big whoop so can plenty of people

all of them getting upset about AI generated art as if they dont all draw the same lookin' shite anyway

no poo poo its hard to make a living selling your elf drawings or inoffensive-looking cartoons about how sad you are

It used to be so easy for artists. The term "starving artist" actually described this, an artist starved for some time off to spend all of the money that they made

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
there are too many streaming services that each have like one thing worth watching

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

vyelkin posted:

there are too many streaming services that each have like one thing worth watching

Just form a mutual aid society to share passwords

Actually it really pissed me off that Hulu made me change my password the other night under “suspicious activity” justifications (what?) but I’m pretty sure they just wanted me to go through the work of getting a half dozen text messages asking for the new password “sure grandma, new password is fuckyouhulu69!”

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

it’s praxis to be in the distributed plex shared libraries and hide your torrents from your ISP

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I saw an older man yelling at his wife because he had to use the self-checkout to ring up his beer instead of a cashier doing it for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

"low key" only became popular because saying "actually" became short hand for something an annoying nerd would say

"This is actually pretty good guacamole" vs "this is low key pretty good guacamole"
"The second captain america is actually the best marvel movie" vs "the second captain america is low key the best marvel movie"