Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

fancy stats posted:

I'm sure it'll work out in the end given who was kept, but hoo-boy, having half your budget vanish before draft even starts is tough.

I took over this team last season and kept MacKinnon AND McDavid. it did not work out great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

T-Bone posted:

We're actually full in the LSL and HHL now pending a few invites. I've PMed those first on the queue for the LSL.

Given all the (somewhat surprising, dead forums etc) interest in fantasy hockey this year, in my hubris I've opened up another league: The Denis Lemieux Memorial League -- this is a more traditional scoring league (no hits/blocks). It's still H2H and it also has a neat little twist in that you can trade draft picks. This league also has no bench slots and just 3 waiver acquisitions per week, so it's much easier to set your lineup on a weekly basis.

So come on over and express your inner Jim Rutherford. I'm going to leave the public invite for this one here: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/71986/invitation?key=79bf1c2a02d2d2b8&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=42eae1ba91139aad

Just quoting this for the new page. Feel free to join even if you're in the other leagues, there are plenty of spots.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

morningdrew posted:

Zuccin and Fuccin

Connor McDavid ($176 -> $215)
Ilya Sorokin ($46 -> $55)
Boone Jenner ($4 -> $5)

I'd call you crazy for keeping McDavid at that price but truthfully the bidding has been getting more and more hilarious with him every year and I'm not so sure that someone wouldn't pay $200 for him if he got to free agency.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Yeah that's why I'm keeping Makar at $102. Feels like a steal. He's gonna score 100 points from the blue line.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Corski and Fenski

Jordan Kyrou (StL - LW,RW) $1> $2
Quinn Hughes (Van - D) $31> >38
Ville Husso (Det - G) $1 >$2
Devon Toews (Col - D) $11> $14

VOTE1 fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 21, 2022

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

T-Bone posted:

Given all the (somewhat surprising, dead forums etc) interest in fantasy hockey this year, in my hubris I've opened up another league: The Denis Lemieux Memorial League -- this is a more traditional scoring league (no hits/blocks). It's still H2H and it also has a neat little twist in that you can trade draft picks. This league also has no bench slots and just 3 waiver acquisitions per week, so it's much easier to set your lineup on a weekly basis.

I am in as Dude Where's Makar. Which would actually be a better name for my HHL team since I actually have Makar.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I set the draft times for each league:

DLML: Sat Oct 8 7:30pm EDT
LSL: Sun Oct 9 7:30pm EDT
HHL: Mon Oct 10 7:30pm EDT

Please get your keepers in before then if you haven't. As many as 11 spots in the DML, the other leagues are full.

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008
Jody Bysshe Shelley

M. Tkachuk $85 -> $102
B. Tkachuk $93 -> $112
K. Fiala $15 -> $18
N. Dobson $1 -> $2

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Okay, so I added Oettinger on waivers in HHL last season for free. Now does that mean I can keep him at 1->2, or the original price he was drafted at? Same with Trouba, who I picked up off waivers for free but was originally drafted at $27.

Assuming 1->2:

Barclay Goodrow Harvest

Jack Eichel: $25 -> $30
Jake Oettinger: $1 -> $2
Tomas Hertl: $40 -> $48
Jacob Trouba: $1 -> $2

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yeah $1-2 if they were added from waivers without a bid.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

T-Bone posted:

I set the draft times for each league:

DLML: Sat Oct 8 7:30pm EDT
LSL: Sun Oct 9 7:30pm EDT

Please get your keepers in before then if you haven't. As many as 11 spots in the DML, the other leagues are full.

FYI this is Thanksgiving weekend for us Canadians. Would prefer to move it (LSL) to a weeknight if possible.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Gobias Ind. posted:

FYI this is Thanksgiving weekend for us Canadians. Would prefer to move it (LSL) to a weeknight if possible.

I think the only other option would to be move it earlier since the season starts that Tuesday.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

T-Bone posted:

I think the only other option would to be move it earlier since the season starts that Tuesday.

The Monday would be okay, or like Thursday the 6th? I'll try to make anything work and am happy to go along with whatever the majority prefers, but the Saturday and Sunday are definitely not ideal.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Gobias Ind. posted:

The Monday would be okay, or like Thursday the 6th? I'll try to make anything work and am happy to go along with whatever the majority prefers, but the Saturday and Sunday are definitely not ideal.

Monday is HHL, so it would have to be Thursday probably if we change.

e: do we have a lot of Canadians in the new league too? I could move that to Wednesday or something.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Moved the draft times due to Canadian Thanksgiving.

New times are:

DLML: Wed Oct 5 7:30pm EDT
LSL: Thu Oct 6 7:30pm EDT

Still looking for at least one more team for the DLML, open invite is here: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/71986/invitation?key=79bf1c2a02d2d2b8&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=42eae1ba91139aad

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Sep 23, 2022

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Its title defence time :clint:

Bunch of Knee Jerks

Elias Lindholm ($61 -> $74)
Jack Hughes ($38 -> $46)
Sam Bennett ($2 -> $3, second time)
K’Andre Miller ($1 -> $2)

Total: $125

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Looking for at least two more teams now if possible.

I also moved the playoffs up in each league to try and avoid late season benching.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

T-Bone posted:

Looking for at least two more teams now if possible.

I also moved the playoffs up in each league to try and avoid late season benching.

I could join the new league if you're still short a week from now. Don't want to claim spots in multiple leagues if some new folks are still tricklingin though.

Also I'm reg'd for LSL :toot:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

kalensc posted:

I could join the new league if you're still short a week from now. Don't want to claim spots in multiple leagues if some new folks are still tricklingin though.

Also I'm reg'd for LSL :toot:

Word, I'd like to add two more so if it's not looking good on Monday/Tuesday I'll let you know.

genki
Nov 12, 2003
Genki Origami keepers for HHL

Jack Campbell $44 -> $53
Steven Stamkos $62 -> $74
Aaron Ekblad $2 -> $3 (second time)
Mats Zuccarello $1 -> $2

(at least, I'm pretty sure this is right)

TheMissingJagr
Mar 19, 2020
Rundevilsrun

Gaudreau $37 -> $45
Kadri $21 -> $26
Kempe $1 -> $2
Reinheart $3 -> $4

TheMissingJagr fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Sep 24, 2022

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

T-Bone posted:

Word, I'd like to add two more so if it's not looking good on Monday/Tuesday I'll let you know.

Cool.

And if ever you still have 2 open spots and are okay with non-SA folks I could check with my brother.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

kalensc posted:

Cool.

And if ever you still have 2 open spots and are okay with non-SA folks I could check with my brother.

Technically I do, but I need to get to an even number by Wednesday.

If you and your brother join, we would need one more person to get it to 14.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

kalensc posted:

Cool.

Yeah, you can both join.

After kalensc and his brother join, I am still looking for one more person to get us to an even number: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/71986/invitation?key=79bf1c2a02d2d2b8&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=42eae1ba91139aad

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Triple Post:

Moved the draft times an hour back. New times are:

DLML: Wed Oct 5 8:30pm EDT
LSL: Thu Oct 6 8:30pm EDT
HHL: Mon Oct 10 8:30pm EDT

e: These times might not work for menthol, so maybe they'll change again. Can everyone please let me know when they absolutely can't make it at for their respective leagues?

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Sep 26, 2022

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

T-Bone posted:

Triple Post:

Moved the draft times an hour back. New times are:

DLML: Wed Oct 5 8:30pm EDT
LSL: Thu Oct 6 8:30pm EDT
HHL: Mon Oct 10 8:30pm EDT

e: These times might not work for menthol, so maybe they'll change again. Can everyone please let me know when they absolutely can't make it at for their respective leagues?

Earlier the better for me, I absolutely have to be in bed by like 10:30 at the very latest for work in the morning. That doesn’t include Thursday and Friday nights, because I have off Friday and Saturday. If it does have to be 8:30 I’d say do the HHL draft on Thursday because I can stay up way later that night (and that draft usually goes longest), and if it comes to it I can miss the last few rounds of the other drafts.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

T-Bone posted:

Can everyone please let me know when they absolutely can't make it at for their respective leagues?

I'm in DLML and LSL and will not be available on Oct 10. Any time after 6:30 EDT the previous week is fine (so current times are great)

BRAKE FOR MOOSE fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 26, 2022

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I am confirming that I will be at all 3

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

LSL date and time work for me - appreciate the date change, thanks!

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
8:30 for HHL is rough, just because the draft always goes forever.

Still deciding on my keepers.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

LSL draft is a little bit of a pain for me since it's my birthday but worst case I'll do it from my phone if I go out somewhere

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Would 8pm EST for the draft times work for people?

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Works for me

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Sounds good

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

I can do 8

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Is 7pm EST a no go for anyone?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

T-Bone posted:

Is 7pm EST a no go for anyone?

Would much prefer 8 because that's when the kids go to bed, but I can make 7 work if that's easier for the rest of the league.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

7pm is preferable, but I can make 8pm work.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

It’s all mid morning Timezone for me so I’m ok with whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Hughes on First?

Kaprizov: $41 -> $50
Kucherov: $28 -> $34
Kuemper: $63 -> $76
Hartman: $1 -> $2

I am picking Hartman over Jeannot. Wish me luck!