Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
My HHL goalies suck poo poo. Basically all I can do is hope they collectively win one category. Getting Bobrovsky and Knight seemed like such a good idea at the draft too lol

My skaters have been great though. It's a pretty solid group now that it's healthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

I can stomach a losing streak, but failing to win FOWs when my team is entirely centres stings.

e. Season-long dilemma, apparently. Should've just kept Toews and his -2 every game.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jan 10, 2023

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
My goalies are going to save me in all three leagues this year. Particularly in HHL, where my skaters have either been injured or poo poo.

In DLML I might want to trade a forward for a defenseman, particularly if Landeskog and/or Norris come back any time soon. Since I was able to snag Pacioretty and he’s been solid so far, I’m running out of roster spaces for good forwards.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
both my LSL and HHL teams are both just good enough to maybe hang on/climb in to one of the last few playoff spots and then fizzle out with a wet fart, it truly owns

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jan 12, 2023

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
My HHL team is in first and I eagerly look forward to the bitter disappointment of choking in the playoffs. In the Longstick I'm clinging to 8th though I'm having a strong week and might be about to move up some spots.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

trade deadline in HHL is a week from Wednesday, if anyone's looking to sell for next year I'm in the market for a goon defenseman and a goalie. the only two guys I really have with any keeper value are Larkin and Kreider but I'd be willing to move them if I can at least get a little bit of scoring back

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

I also badly need a goalie, but would prefer not giving up anyone up of value, so if anyone would be cool with letting me fleece them, give me a shout.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

I’m (Corski and Fenski) happy to sell pretty much anyone, I imagine I’ll keep Quinn Hughes, Husso and Power, maybe Kyrou.

Happy to move Markstrom, he’s basically the reason I’m second last. Spent 100 on him and he’s been terrible, but who knows maybe he will put it together down the stretch. So if anyone wants to buy low on someone who *could* be great I’m open to offers. Also have Svechnikov and some other mid guys.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'm tempted to add to my HHL team since my team is quite good and this might be my best shot for a while at a championship since my team is fairly vet.

That's also the problem with making a trade though. Don't have any obvious young pieces to move. Might have to just stay the course and hope my team stays healthy and doesn't choke.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Couple hours left before the trade deadline in HHL, anybody want a goalie? I’ve got Darcy Kuemper available, looking for a scorer of some sort, doesn’t really matter if it’s a potential keeper or not.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Is it just me or has Yahoo been inconsistent as hell the past 5~ days at showing individual game results for players when you look at their details.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

mentholmoose posted:

Couple hours left before the trade deadline in HHL, anybody want a goalie? I’ve got Darcy Kuemper available, looking for a scorer of some sort, doesn’t really matter if it’s a potential keeper or not.

I have looked at both of our rosters, and I am unsure what deal could be made that we'd both be happy with. Feel free to shoot me something, if you can think of something I don't see. I am Dubois.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I thought about making deals in the HHL but my team is pretty vet unfortunately. I'm Letang Chung.

Also doing pretty well so not sure I need to. It'd be nice to bolster but I just don't have much in the way of good keepers to trade.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'm just going to keep running the same team I think. I'm in 12th in HHL but the difference between 12th and 8th is only 13 points, so maybe I get lucky the last few weeks. I think my team could have been good this year (I have the entire Perfection Line, Robertson, and Makar, among others) but goaltending sunk me so bad. I figured Florida's goaltending would be reliable. I didn't think Florida would be as good as they were last year, but I didn't think they'd be this bad either. Ditto John Gibson. I didn't think the Ducks would be great, but I didn't think they'd be this abysmal either, and he's usually done halfway decent on bad teams. Didn't work out!!

LSL my team has been better lately but still bad. Having to leave the draft early in this one sucks. I guess I underestimated how valuable the depth/later round picks are.

1st place in DLML so no complaints with that squad.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Had an incredibly clutch week in DLML (Zarley Zalapski Zealots) with my goalies. I might finagle a playoff bye if I can perform decently these final two weeks.

The battle for seeding in the LSL (Frugal Moogle) is fierce as hell. It's been a see-saw struggle with Sweet Chinakov and Kope Harder since the new year began.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I think I've got a good shot in the LSL and DLML if my goaltending holds up. Thought I'd sneak into the playoffs in the HHL with some favorable matchups late but I'm choking a bit.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

In HHL, I accidentally dropped Tom Wilson. Is there anyone to get him added back to my team? I was trying to drop O’Brien.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Twin Cinema posted:

In HHL, I accidentally dropped Tom Wilson. Is there anyone to get him added back to my team? I was trying to drop O’Brien.

I did think that was odd..

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Twin Cinema posted:

Should be fixed now.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

It was odd. I was going too fast!

Thanks, T-Bone.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Entering the HHL playoffs with what I think is my best ever group of skaters and by far my worst collection of goalies. I'm not sure this is going to go great for me when the difference between skaters shrinks against the better squads.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 13, 2023

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I will be very surprised if I win this week's playoff match-up in the HHL. Already have Dubois and Kaprizov out, and now Svech is probably done for the season. I don't think I will be able to withstand that much talent out.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Igor shutout is unbelievably huge for me in HHL.

Before that my best hope was to flip PPP to avoid the 6-6 tie and loss through being the worse team in the regular season.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Oof, yeah, that puts me in a real tough spot

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

LSL quarterfinals have been tight most of the week, I think this was from yesterday morning:

I had a surprisingly strong performance yesterday so I've pulled ahead of Dateline Predators by a healthy margin.

T-Bone, is the winner of 1vs8 locked into a match-up vs the winner of 4vs5? Curious what happens if Yeet and Sillinger pull off the upsets

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Hmmm I honestly can't recall if we do reseeding. I want to say we do.

It looks like I am going to lose on the tiebreaker in the LSL, and by one in the DLML, although I've got small outs in both leagues.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

T-Bone posted:

It looks like I am going to lose on the tiebreaker in the LSL, and by one in the DLML, although I've got small outs in both leagues.

Yeah your match in the LSL is nuts, overall you're putting together a really strong week but Sillinger just happens to be excelling in exactly the 7 categories they need to barely pull ahead.

Hah, just noticed your flurry of adds/drops, I'm never patient enough to save my transaction quota til the weekend.

In DLML you're up against my brother; he wants to pass along a message of "this will be a close finish, good luck T-Bone! also thanks for putting together the league & offering me a place in it (my bad if i knock you out)".

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

love to have my opponent have his best combined SOG/hit/blk night of the season on a playoff saturday

also shoutout to cernak who haveraged 3.5 hits a game all season but had 3 total this week

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

My DLML matchup this week wasn’t ever really close, that’s gonna be an easy advance. Sorry to Orrdinary People who had to face my team this week.

T-Bone posted:

Oshie getting 19 PIM’s may have just won you the LSL matchup, I don’t think I can flip anything to get the tiebreaker back unless I’m real lucky.

Teemu Pokemon posted:

love to have my opponent have his best combined SOG/hit/blk night of the season on a playoff saturday

also shoutout to cernak who haveraged 3.5 hits a game all season but had 3 total this week

Fuckin’ owned.

For real you still have a ton of guys going, very good chance it could flip in your favor tonight.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Hah, man my DLML squad put together its best performance of the season during a bye week. Shucks.

Man these LSL semi-finals will be brutal no matter who makes it through. I'm not feeling super optimistic, especially if the bracket is locked and I draw Rakell instead of Yeet.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
LSL doesn't reseed. So Frugal you'll get the winner of me and Rakell.

Barring an early injury or pull I'll take saves, which essentially puts us at 6-6 right now with Rakell having the tiebreaker. But goals, assists, goalie wins, SHP, and shutouts are all tied or within 1.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Lmao I think I might lose in the first round in the Hockiest because Torey Krug gave my opponent 26 pim today.. Or maybe not...I guess we're tied again? Thing is updating weird

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 20, 2023

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

mentholmoose posted:

My DLML matchup this week wasn’t ever really close, that’s gonna be an easy advance. Sorry to Orrdinary People who had to face my team this week.

Oshie getting 19 PIM’s may have just won you the LSL matchup, I don’t think I can flip anything to get the tiebreaker back unless I’m real lucky.

lol yeah sorry man

kalensc posted:

In DLML you're up against my brother; he wants to pass along a message of "this will be a close finish, good luck T-Bone! also thanks for putting together the league & offering me a place in it (my bad if i knock you out)".

hell yeah, that was a good game. My DLML team felt good all year but kind of just couldn't get a save ever when it needed it. Good luck to your bro in the semis.

e: well looks like I may need to add some d-men in the LSL tomorrow, whoops

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 20, 2023

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I miscalculated. If I didn't start Vasilevskiy tonight, I would have won. Instead, he is currently playing, and now there's no way for me to win in the HHL because he's given up too many goals.

Whoops!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

LSL doesn't reseed. So Frugal you'll get the winner of me and Rakell.

Barring an early injury or pull I'll take saves, which essentially puts us at 6-6 right now with Rakell having the tiebreaker. But goals, assists, goalie wins, SHP, and shutouts are all tied or within 1.

Dang, nice comeback, although still a bunch in play on both sides so knock on wood etc.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Not starting Halak is ending up biting me, but if Collin Delia and whatever a Joel Hofer is are going to pitch double shutouts then I just gotta look at it and say that the universe didn't want me to win

(neither game is actually over yet but it looks grim)

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

I cannot believe my gambit worked out

Sorry, Yaya

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

fancy stats posted:

I cannot believe my gambit worked out

Sorry, Yaya

Hey, I benched Jaro Halak to try and preserve my lead in GAA and save% and it blew up in my face. Sometimes, it just works out that way.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Lost in the Hockiest despite being two seed. The Vegas/Thompson injury just absolutely killed me. I was relying on Winnipeg's goalies otherwise and Winnipeg has been a tire fire for a while now. I think if Logan Thompson had stayed healthy I might have been fine.

My LSL matchup was close but my opponent had a good final day and that sealed the deal for him.

In both matchups I checked and I did have the head to head tiebreaker so if I could have pulled out a tie I would have advanced. It looked like there was a possibility of that for a while as going into Sunday I was tied 6-6 in both matchups but I couldn't pull it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I missed the playoffs in HHL because I believed in my team and they didn't deliver. I have a new appreciation for bad GMs around the league now.

Not sure what I'm going to do about keepers. I can't keep Robertson anymore, I could keep Makar again but he'd be like $120+ so I probably won't, and I don't think I'm going to keep Robert Thomas again. I honestly think I might keep Pastrnak, Marchand, and McAvoy. I am really trying not to be a homer, but at the draft they only cost me $81, $31, and $16, respectively and those are really good prices for for players who are currently ranked 5th, 48th, and 94th in this league's format even with 20% added on top. Especially when you consider that Marchand and McAvoy missed a lot of time due to injury.

My last choice comes down to a bunch of players for a bunch of different reasons:
Akira Schmid - $1 pick up. It depends what happens with the Devils goalies I guess
Mason McTavish - $3 pick up. One of the few bright spots on a really bad Ducks team and I think he could really break out next year with Zegras + if they get Bedard or Fantilli
Nick Suzuki - $30 drafted. He's pretty good at everything and he's relatively cheap. Montreal might also get one of the big name rookies and Suzuki + Caufield are probably only going to get better
Bowen Byram - $4 drafted. He gets hurt a lot but when he's playing he's really loving good
Rickard Rakell - $1 drafted. Not much to say really, he's perfectly adequate 20 goal/50 point guy who hits, and $1 is a good deal
Patrice Bergeron - $70 drafted. Comedy option if he doesn't retire and I want to lean into the Bruins thing. He's still a top 20 player in this format somehow.