Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I missed the playoffs in HHL because I believed in my team and they didn't deliver. I have a new appreciation for bad GMs around the league now.

Not sure what I'm going to do about keepers. I can't keep Robertson anymore, I could keep Makar again but he'd be like $120+ so I probably won't, and I don't think I'm going to keep Robert Thomas again. I honestly think I might keep Pastrnak, Marchand, and McAvoy. I am really trying not to be a homer, but at the draft they only cost me $81, $31, and $16, respectively and those are really good prices for for players who are currently ranked 5th, 48th, and 94th in this league's format even with 20% added on top. Especially when you consider that Marchand and McAvoy missed a lot of time due to injury.

My last choice comes down to a bunch of players for a bunch of different reasons:
Akira Schmid - $1 pick up. It depends what happens with the Devils goalies I guess
Mason McTavish - $3 pick up. One of the few bright spots on a really bad Ducks team and I think he could really break out next year with Zegras + if they get Bedard or Fantilli
Nick Suzuki - $30 drafted. He's pretty good at everything and he's relatively cheap. Montreal might also get one of the big name rookies and Suzuki + Caufield are probably only going to get better
Bowen Byram - $4 drafted. He gets hurt a lot but when he's playing he's really loving good
Rickard Rakell - $1 drafted. Not much to say really, he's perfectly adequate 20 goal/50 point guy who hits, and $1 is a good deal
Patrice Bergeron - $70 drafted. Comedy option if he doesn't retire and I want to lean into the Bruins thing. He's still a top 20 player in this format somehow.

Pastrnak is probably worth the 20% increase. He'd go for about that in the draft I think.

My team despite finishing 2nd is vet as gently caress so I dunno what my keepers are going to be. I think the only one I'm sold on right now is Morrissey. I got him for $21 so that's pretty slam pick keeper.

I can't remember if Bratt is still eligible for me but if he is he'd be a pick as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Another tight week in the LSL. I don't think my team is particularly good, although it keeps sneaking by. Also somehow I got Kuznetsov off waivers with low priority?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Kuznetsov has been pretty bad lately, he's not the #1C he used to be. He's not horrible I guess, but he's definitely underperforming. It's frustrating to watch.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
It's the LSL, a player passing through waivers who is #161 across all stats is ludicrous.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
yea 161 overall but 291 over the last month, 398 over the last two weeks

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

T-Bone posted:

It's the LSL, a player passing through waivers who is #161 across all stats is ludicrous.

He's definitely too good to not have had multiple claims, though I assume it's only 4 of us paying attention now.

Speaking for myself I already had 4 Caps on my roster, they only play 3 games this week and 3 next, and C isn't where I needed help right now.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Someone just dropped Cirelli too ????

Like drat I get trying to maximize starts in the last 3 days, I'm doing the same, but there are some awful players being carried by all 4 of us.

also just realized I've made the final four 10/13 seasons now in the LSL, truly I am a lover of dreck (only two titles though, and feels like I'm going down in the semis or finals again this year, my team isn't that good).

Also feel like despite my b2b2b in the HHL from 15-17, I'm in mid 90s Oilers phase there now, my keepers have been bad and I'm not finding bargains at the draft that set me up for good keepers in future seasons. Should have probably tried to trade off some of my stars this year for good futures, but I was 3-5 points out of the playoffs for like forever.

e: will be funny if I lose this LSL playoffs matchup because I was too busy at work to see that Kuemper got cleared yesterday. Very goon way to lose at fantasy hockey.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Mar 24, 2023

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

You dropped Cirelli two weeks ago! Haha

I didn't have high enough waiver priority to get him.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I absolutely would have put a claim on Kuznetsov if I were paying attention to LSL anymore. I’m at the stage where I’m setting active players and that’s it.

HHL and DLML matchups are both really competitive heading into the weekend, but I’m not very confident about either. A couple good starts out of Gustavsson and Sorokin could win it for me in DLML, maybe. HHL I have the tiebreaker so if I can flip a category or two and again get some good goaltending, I could win that as well.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Gobias Ind. posted:

You dropped Cirelli two weeks ago! Haha

see, this is why I haven't won anything since 2018

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I dropped Kuz and Cirelli cause once we hit the playoffs and it was all about matchups I had to try and pivot my roster because my goalie situation imploded.

Vasy - Bad month
Schmid - Doesn't start enough
Arizona goalies - Edm Col Col Edm four game stretch

Think I'm going out in both semis unfortunately. :smith:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Carter Hart baby, love Carter Hart

Should have trusted my beautiful boy today. Hopefully it doesn't end up mattering that I benched that SO.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

Should have trusted my beautiful boy today. Hopefully it doesn't end up mattering that I benched that SO.

I don't think it will matter, hah, drat you smoked me this week, likely my worst loss all of this season and last season combined.

Great job Gob, best of luck in the finals!

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
drat I hosed up by not saving a roster add for Woll today. Probably wouldn't have mattered though.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

kalensc posted:

I don't think it will matter, hah, drat you smoked me this week, likely my worst loss all of this season and last season combined.

Great job Gob, best of luck in the finals!

Good game! Woll had me sweating a bit there as I tried to figure out whether you'd catch me in GAA and SV% with a shutout.

7th final in 13 years of LSL and 5th in the last 6 years. Looking for title #4.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

Good game! Woll had me sweating a bit there as I tried to figure out whether you'd catch me in GAA and SV% with a shutout.

7th final in 13 years of LSL and 5th in the last 6 years. Looking for title #4.

Thanks Gob!

Hah, oh god no. Starting Lyon early in the week torpedoed my goalie chances really, and Schmid giving up 3 goals on 7 shots was the killshot.

By mid-week I was basically relying on picking up a SHP and/or a SO, and holding onto at least four of G, PIM, S, H, BL. And looking at last week I had pretty much identical Shots and Blocks so my skaters produced, your roster balance just wrecked me.

drat, and I thought being on the cusp of consecutive finals would be a rare accomplishment. Guess I gotta up my game next year (after I tussle with T-Bone for bronze anyways :madmax:).

I squeaked into the DLML finals at least, but yikes Dude Where's Makar has a stacked line-up. Dunno if three roster adds can plug all my holes heh.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Losing in HHL partly because of a Joseph Will shutout.

God drat it.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

kalensc posted:

I squeaked into the DLML finals at least, but yikes Dude Where's Makar has a stacked line-up. Dunno if three roster adds can plug all my holes heh.

I basically drafted really well and then picked up some guys as soon as there was an inkling they were getting hot (Hill, Compher, Cozens). I was actually not that confident about this team post-draft but it ended up being really good.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

kalensc posted:

this is basically where i'm at in HHL. i'll count my blessings but good lord that is a murderer's row of a lineup

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

I don't know, I'm pretty nervous about my chances, I doubt I'll squeak out wins in goalie categories given who you've got and my skaters have been a bit banged up/cold the last couple weeks

Should hopefully be a close one, at least

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Dangit Vasi, where was this lights out performance when I needed it last week in the semis vs Kope :iiam:

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Jesus christ, absolutely shot myself in the foot bringing in petr mrazek last minute with some galaxy brained thinking

A blackhawks goalie is surely the way forward

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
don't worry, vejmelka made up for it

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Oof, yeah, that's a tough way to let me back into a bit

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

LSL 1st-place and 3rd-place matches both 7-6 to start today.
DLML 1st-place match is 5-4 and 3rd-place is 4-3 to kick off the weekend.
Gonna be a fun finish!

(Not in the HHL but GL to fancy & corn!)

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

After Vasi got an early evening shutout I looked at the goalie stats and thought "playing Prosvetov may give me a slight chance at Saves, and he'd have to have a catastrophic game to put SV% and GAA in doubt".

(insert that YouDumbAss emote which I can't recall the code for)

Also gently caress Boston, Thomas Novak puts in a herculean effort to give me a chance to hang on versus Jamwad, and then they get 3 PPP on one shot. :argh:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
well, i can't keep MAF and swayman next year, so we're going all-in on goaltending tonight with samuel ersson and alex nedeljkovic :smuggo:

:shepicide:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Just curious, is there a #5-#8 playoffs in LSL that I simply don't see in the app? Or is Dateline Predators wheelin' and dealin' for fun?

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

corn on the cop posted:

samuel ersson and alex nedeljkovic

I got by the quarter finals on the backs of an incredible day from Colin Delia and Joel Hofer, we're in divine providence territory now

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

kalensc posted:

Just curious, is there a #5-#8 playoffs in LSL that I simply don't see in the app? Or is Dateline Predators wheelin' and dealin' for fun?

There is, it just doesn't show in the app.

DeSmith was my likely play and I thought I was safe to wait. Now I'm stuck with Gillies instead. The Draisaitl SHG last night could cost me the matchup.

I think I need to steal SOG tonight, or Jon Gillies to post a SO somehow.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

St. Louis completing the comeback and winning the SO probably would have won me the championship.

Now I need either Gillies to get the win, or to make up a 9 shot deficit.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

There's always the miracle prayer of a shorthanded point too.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gillies!!

Now I basically need to avoid a SHP against.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

This is what it's like to be let down by the leafs, huh? I don't care for it.

I think either of the times I benched Korpisalo would've saved me from this fate, curse my cowardice

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Apr 3, 2023

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

my eternal angel

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Adding Jack Hughes to my hate list. PP assist with 14 seconds left, the hell is this cruel ending.

Makar has the tiebreaker, it's a period of Backlund & JT Miller vs a period of Zegras.

C'mon Zegras, defect to the team that values ZZZs.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

Gillies!!

Now I basically need to avoid a SHP against.

Monkey paw, Dillon Dube somehow gets 32 minutes in penalties.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

corn on the cop posted:

my eternal angel

Congrats! Your team was really good, not having hits as a lock really threw off my plans for the week

Now that the season's over, even though it might not have ended as I'd have hoped, I'd still like to re-iterate:

VOTE1 posted:

Also I threw the teams into the athletics fantasy model thing (which I used for the first 45 minutes till work got in the way), not sure it did me heaps of help.

code:
TEAMS	FP	VORP
also bratt zarath...	89.4	63.4
Gourde's Green Earth	77.8	53.8
Jody Bysshe Shelley	77.8	57.3
Letang Chung		75.1	48.1
Corski and Fenski	71.9	45.6
Hughes on First?	67.4	45.7
Genki Origami		67.2	43.3
Michelanglos McDavid	65.6	36.6
Don't Cry For Me ...	64.7	44.6
Super Street Figh...	64.4	40.2
Chychruncheese		60.6	32.8
Osti Pastrnak		57.7	35.7
Rundevilsrun	          57.5	38.5
Barclay Good-row H...	55	28.5
Bunch of Knee Jerks	51.5	29.4
McAvoyd the Clap	46.2	25.4

gently caress the nerds.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Congrats to you as well! Didn't think that last-minute scramble was gonna pay off as all of the goaltending matchups looked miserable today. Lukas Dostal was an honest consideration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

GG Jamwad, you deserved it all along but drat. Losing on a tiebreaker with multiple categories having a margin of 0 or 1 is a tough way to conclude the season!

May the Bruins and Devils get eliminated in April. :gonchar: