Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Koopa Kid posted:

I just got offered Andrei Vasilevskiy for Jack Hughes in a keeper league, goaltending has always been my achilles heel (currently running Demko, Swayman, and Knight) but it feels bad to trade away a potential 1C like Hughes. I feel like I have to do it though right? I already have Barkov holding down my forward depth

What are your keeper league rules?

I think this deal is worth it, but I am not sure if you absolutely need to make it. I don't love your goalies, but you have two goalies that are capable of playing the bulk of their team's minutes. Vasilevskiy will obviously help you a lot, but I think you currently do have options there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Twin Cinema posted:

What are your keeper league rules?

I think this deal is worth it, but I am not sure if you absolutely need to make it. I don't love your goalies, but you have two goalies that are capable of playing the bulk of their team's minutes. Vasilevskiy will obviously help you a lot, but I think you currently do have options there.

6 keepers, no salary cap, scoring is categories. Goalies count for wins, sv%, gaa, and shutouts, skaters for the usual suspects with hits and blocks, also in addition to goals and assists there’s an overall points category, so scoring kind of double-dips.

I definitely think they’re seeing how dire my starts have been lately and trying to take advantage, goaltending is 4/13 categories and I’ve been getting crushed despite my opponents not actually doing well.

A ~40 win goalie like Vasy is worth a lot, Hughes only compares if he can consistently hit 100 points and hopefully learns to take some face offs, but yeah it’s probably too early to panic about my goalies. Eric Comrie’s on the wire and has started three straight for the Sabres, I might just pick him up and hold tight for now.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Koopa Kid posted:

6 keepers, no salary cap, scoring is categories. Goalies count for wins, sv%, gaa, and shutouts, skaters for the usual suspects with hits and blocks, also in addition to goals and assists there’s an overall points category, so scoring kind of double-dips.

I definitely think they’re seeing how dire my starts have been lately and trying to take advantage, goaltending is 4/13 categories and I’ve been getting crushed despite my opponents not actually doing well.

A ~40 win goalie like Vasy is worth a lot, Hughes only compares if he can consistently hit 100 points and hopefully learns to take some face offs, but yeah it’s probably too early to panic about my goalies. Eric Comrie’s on the wire and has started three straight for the Sabres, I might just pick him up and hold tight for now.

I like this deal more, actually. Being able to keep Vasilevskiy with no penalty is a pretty huge win. I think he's one of the only dependable great goalies in the league. That alone holds a lot of value.

For Jack Hughes, like you said, he needs to be an absolute 100-point star to be worth a ton He doesn't give you hits/blocks/PIM, nor does he give you FW. It's hard to know, but unless NJ takes the next step this year, his +/- will be negative, too. So, basically, you are just hoping he's worth it for G/A/PP/SOG. But, he definitely has the upside of someone who could being that star.

I think it's a much harder decision right now. I think it's too early to completely give up on Demko/Swayman (both mid tier options, but probably not as bad as they have looked so far), but I can see why this deal is really making you think about it. I am not really sure what I'd do. But, I think it's pretty even.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Gobias Ind. posted:

Carter Hart baby, love Carter Hart

:hmmyes:

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Gobias Ind. posted:

People keep saying this, and it's true.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I can't believe my team that autodrafted due to my internet being bad is getting stomped every week!

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Twin Cinema posted:

I like this deal more, actually. Being able to keep Vasilevskiy with no penalty is a pretty huge win. I think he's one of the only dependable great goalies in the league. That alone holds a lot of value.

For Jack Hughes, like you said, he needs to be an absolute 100-point star to be worth a ton He doesn't give you hits/blocks/PIM, nor does he give you FW. It's hard to know, but unless NJ takes the next step this year, his +/- will be negative, too. So, basically, you are just hoping he's worth it for G/A/PP/SOG. But, he definitely has the upside of someone who could being that star.

I think it's a much harder decision right now. I think it's too early to completely give up on Demko/Swayman (both mid tier options, but probably not as bad as they have looked so far), but I can see why this deal is really making you think about it. I am not really sure what I'd do. But, I think it's pretty even.

So while I was mulling it over the other manager pulled the trigger on a different deal, sending Vasilevskiy and Sean Durzi to someone else for… Dylan Larkin and Jacob Trouba? So I probably should have countered with something that favoured me a little more, but I don’t like doing that when I think the deal is fair to begin with.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Folks,

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I knew I was taking a risk when I went with Gibson in HHL because the Ducks suck, but I didn't think that he would also suck this bad.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I knew I was taking a risk when I went with Gibson in HHL because the Ducks suck, but I didn't think that he would also suck this bad.

Gibson went from young star goalie to bad so quickly. And now he appears worse?

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Phew, I knew my goaltending in HHL would most likely be trash, but I was at least hoping that drafting all centres would keep me from having to make moves to lock down face off wins

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Oct 31, 2022

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'm doing pretty well in the LSL (3rd) so far despite currently running a goalie tandem of Martin Jones and Thatcher Demko lol. In fairness I do also have Murray and Grubauer, both of who are currently hurt.

Have to expect the Canucks stop being complete poo poo at some point. Demko is usually a solid goalie.

My goaltending in The Hockiest on the other hand has been very good so far (Thompson/Hellebyuck). That has been enough to put me in 4th there.

Denis Memorial League has been a struggle so far. Doesn't help that I have Jarry there and the Penguins sucked badly all last week.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
HHL my team is in dead last even though I think it looks good on paper. I have had a few players who had really rough weeks. All my goalies have awful stats that don't really seem sustainable at all. Hopefully I'll start doing better when they regress towards the mean.

LSL is also last but the team is half autodrafted, so not a surprise I guess. I think this team is going to be my worst one in the end.

Doing alright in DLML (4th). With the simplified scoring format I don't really have any weak links.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 31, 2022

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'm tearing up the LSL but I'm struggling in the other leagues.

My DLML looks fine though, just need a bit better goaltending. My HHL is underperforming Leafs style tho

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Punting GAA

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

When does Huberdeau wake up

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

In the HHL, I am dominating, but I feel like it may be a mirage. I am not really expecting Hart and to keep playing well, and while my team has a ton of grit, I am in the bottom half in terms of goals and assists. Who knows? Maybe I can keep stringing together wins.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

The great thing about going with a ton of $1 players at the end of the draft is that you are more willing to drop them. I feel like in previous years, I'd hold onto the guys who cost over $10 for too long, because I felt like they'd just have to turn it around. A little over 60% of the players I took at the draft cost me $18 total.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
My LSL team was already struggling, half the team was auto-drafted, but both Jake Oettinger and Jeremy Swayman getting injured feels like a death sentence. My goaltending is now the backups for Ottawa and Vancouver.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
7th in Hockiest, 3rd in LSL, 10th in The Denis Lemieux Memorial. Dealing with significant injuries on all of them. Least I'm competing I guess. I don't look dire in any league.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Twin Cinema posted:

In the HHL, I am dominating, but I feel like it may be a mirage. I am not really expecting Hart and to keep playing well, and while my team has a ton of grit, I am in the bottom half in terms of goals and assists. Who knows? Maybe I can keep stringing together wins.

goaltending, grit, and like one offensive category has definitely won me some weeks in the HHL in the past

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
4th or so LSL, I think I run into TBone this week so yikes.
2nd DLML, my dang brother leapfrogged into 1st, bah!

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

I’m going terribly in both HHL and DLML. Only a few weeks away from flipping to looking at keepers.

HHL my big investment was what I thought was a safe bet in Markstrom, whose been pretty poor. A few injuries and some other guys just slumping.

DLML I think I just didn’t draft a very good team.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

I really shouldn't have drafted Jake Allen. Can Montreal please just lose every game with a final score of 0-1?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I continue to believe that my HHL team SHOULD be very good, despite the fact that its still 15th of 16. I should probably cut some of these guys loose, but next week will be the week they turn it around I bet.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Okay well I don't have any goalies so I'm prepared to lose most weeks

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
If anyone in the Denis Lemieux league is looking for a goalie I'm willing to move Swayman. Looking for d primarily but I'll consider forwards

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Husso gets a shutout! Shame I had him on the bench in favour of markstrom who didn’t start and Campbell who has already let in 3..

That was dumb (I blame the auto selection)

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Man I'm at a real loss about what to do with my goaltending in HHL. Spencer Knight has been good, Bobrovsky is having a disaster season, and John Gibson is Jekyll and Hyde. Last night he has. 1.88 GAA, 39 save, .951. The game before that he allowed 5 on 19 shots for a slick 6.87 GAA/.737 sv%. It's been that way the entire season because the Ducks are awful.

I picked up Schmid but I don't think he's a long term solution/he won't get enough starts.

Maybe someone wants to trade? I have a lot of offensively-oriented players. Two of the top 5 scorers (Robertson, Pastrnak), Cale Makar, Suzuki, etc. I also have Marchand, Bergeron, and McAvoy and while it's nice to have so many players from the top team when the Bruins are rolling, it can be bad when they have a light week or aren't scoring. Too many eggs in one basket. So I'd be open to moving one or two of them as well if the right deal came along.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Yeah I have given up because I don't have a starting goalie

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Man I'm at a real loss about what to do with my goaltending in HHL. Spencer Knight has been good, Bobrovsky is having a disaster season, and John Gibson is Jekyll and Hyde. Last night he has. 1.88 GAA, 39 save, .951. The game before that he allowed 5 on 19 shots for a slick 6.87 GAA/.737 sv%. It's been that way the entire season because the Ducks are awful.

I picked up Schmid but I don't think he's a long term solution/he won't get enough starts.

Maybe someone wants to trade? I have a lot of offensively-oriented players. Two of the top 5 scorers (Robertson, Pastrnak), Cale Makar, Suzuki, etc. I also have Marchand, Bergeron, and McAvoy and while it's nice to have so many players from the top team when the Bruins are rolling, it can be bad when they have a light week or aren't scoring. Too many eggs in one basket. So I'd be open to moving one or two of them as well if the right deal came along.

I do like Nick Suzuki (I like Bergeron more, though).

However, I am not trading Vasilevskiy, so it'd either have to be Hart or Reimer as one of the pieces.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I lucked out and picked up Hellebuyck and Thompson. I wish I could say that some great foresight on my part but while I thought both of those teams would be at least decent I had no idea either goalie would be this good.

I'd help you out if I had a third goalie to move but I don't. I'm carrying 4 goalies in the Denis Lemieux League but nobody seemed much interested in Swayman when I was peddling him and now I think I'll probably just keep him since Ullmark got hurt.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Dropped Carter Hart because I am sick of him. His overall numbers still appear decent because his first 8 games he put up a .946, and in his last 10, he has a .873.

Last week, I tied 4-4-5 with Chychruncheese, and dropped from 2nd to 5th. Probably the closest match I have ever had.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I would've won too if yahoo didn't undo my lineup when I dropped rust to promote cirelli off IR and Lowry sat on the bench instead of breaking the tie in blocks and flipping +/-

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I am glad that happened!

I was also looking at your team, and Draisaitl almost won the week on his own.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
The $200 Man

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Alright my HHL team (Corski and Fenski) is a lost cause. Perhaps it’s Karma for being lazy and using last years name.

My big spend (Markstrom) has been horrible, my keepers ranging from below expected to a bit poo poo (Hughes, Kyrou, Husso, Devon Toews), a few injuries to supporting guys and nobody has really stepped up has left me in last place and on track for 1 category this week..

Kyrou is starting to get going so he’s probably worth a keeper spot still and Quinn Hughes is worth keeping. Other than that I’m not sure I’ve got much worth retaining so open to any offers.

Svechnikov probably the pick, but there’s a bunch of forwards who aren’t terrible. Hopefully by deadline Markstrom has worked into some form.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

In HHL, Bedard is going to be the most expensive rookie at the auction draft. McDavid went for $91, which I assume is the record. Bedard is breaking $100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

One of these weeks, my goalies and players are going to both to play well to let me win by a large margin. Until then, only one of these groups can be good.

I am also really glad no one responded to my offer of Dubois for one of their goalies.