Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

T-Bone posted:

I set the draft times for each league:

DLML: Sat Oct 8 7:30pm EDT
LSL: Sun Oct 9 7:30pm EDT
HHL: Mon Oct 10 7:30pm EDT

Please get your keepers in before then if you haven't. As many as 11 spots in the DML, the other leagues are full.

FYI this is Thanksgiving weekend for us Canadians. Would prefer to move it (LSL) to a weeknight if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

T-Bone posted:

I think the only other option would to be move it earlier since the season starts that Tuesday.

The Monday would be okay, or like Thursday the 6th? I'll try to make anything work and am happy to go along with whatever the majority prefers, but the Saturday and Sunday are definitely not ideal.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

LSL date and time work for me - appreciate the date change, thanks!

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

T-Bone posted:

Is 7pm EST a no go for anyone?

Would much prefer 8 because that's when the kids go to bed, but I can make 7 work if that's easier for the rest of the league.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Carter Hart baby, love Carter Hart

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

T-Bone posted:

posts posted moments before disaster

Gotta get it in while I can!

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

fancy stats posted:

Was there a change to how yahoo handles FA pickups? I'm used to running my team entirely through knee jerk gut reactions and having them reflected the next morning, now I just get a warning about not being able to drop a player that's already played.

Also, the 'Available Players (Games Today/Tomorrow)' seems really wonky, none of the dates are actually correct (today says the 20th) and they don't appear to show the right schedules at all.

If you're talking about LSL, the league changed to same day adds. Took me a bit to realize.

I think you can't drop a guy whose game has already started so that you aren't cycling players within the same day (start a guy in a 7pm game and then drop him for a 10pm start). But you can drop those guys tomorrow morning and have your pickup available immediately.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

:hmmyes:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Folks,

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

LSL doesn't reseed. So Frugal you'll get the winner of me and Rakell.

Barring an early injury or pull I'll take saves, which essentially puts us at 6-6 right now with Rakell having the tiebreaker. But goals, assists, goalie wins, SHP, and shutouts are all tied or within 1.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

T-Bone posted:

It's the LSL, a player passing through waivers who is #161 across all stats is ludicrous.

He's definitely too good to not have had multiple claims, though I assume it's only 4 of us paying attention now.

Speaking for myself I already had 4 Caps on my roster, they only play 3 games this week and 3 next, and C isn't where I needed help right now.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

You dropped Cirelli two weeks ago! Haha

I didn't have high enough waiver priority to get him.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Should have trusted my beautiful boy today. Hopefully it doesn't end up mattering that I benched that SO.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

kalensc posted:

I don't think it will matter, hah, drat you smoked me this week, likely my worst loss all of this season and last season combined.

Great job Gob, best of luck in the finals!

Good game! Woll had me sweating a bit there as I tried to figure out whether you'd catch me in GAA and SV% with a shutout.

7th final in 13 years of LSL and 5th in the last 6 years. Looking for title #4.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

kalensc posted:

Just curious, is there a #5-#8 playoffs in LSL that I simply don't see in the app? Or is Dateline Predators wheelin' and dealin' for fun?

There is, it just doesn't show in the app.

DeSmith was my likely play and I thought I was safe to wait. Now I'm stuck with Gillies instead. The Draisaitl SHG last night could cost me the matchup.

I think I need to steal SOG tonight, or Jon Gillies to post a SO somehow.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

St. Louis completing the comeback and winning the SO probably would have won me the championship.

Now I need either Gillies to get the win, or to make up a 9 shot deficit.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gillies!!

Now I basically need to avoid a SHP against.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

You may not like it, but this is what peak championship goaltending looks like:

Good game genki (I think?). If you had used all of your add/drops you definitely could have/would have beaten me, because that was a super tight matchup. My already mediocre goalies all died and I streamed Jonas Johansson, Martin Jones, Mads Sogaard, Magnus Hellberg, and John Gillies this week. A real murderer's row.

If you'll all allow me to brag a little bit....

That's:

- 4 LSL titles
- 3 LSL runner up finishes
- 7 finals appearances in 13 years
- 3 titles in the last 4 years

The secret to LSL is that goalies don't actually matter. I've now won titles with Carter Hart as my best goalie, Mackenzie Blackwood as my best goalie, and Alex Nedeljkovic as my best goalie. In short:

Gobias Ind. posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

kalensc posted:

I think it shows goalies matter, but just like the Cup playoffs, it's pure voodoo knowing which duo/trio will have solid weeks in late March.

My trio last year to win the LSL was Mike Smith, Ville Husso, and Logan Thompson, all picked up off waivers between December and March.

This year I had Vasilevskiy as my #1, and a rotating cast which included Schmid, Ingram, Kochetkov, and Merzlikins fill in the other slots. Unfortunately Schmid was demoted, Arizona had a brutal schedule of Oilers and Avs games during our semis, and I'd dropped Kochetkov after he was sent to the minors and missed claiming him when he returned by a matter of minutes.

I guess the main takeaway is you're highly unlikely to select a skater off waivers who could reasonably get you two goals or nine shots or what have you, but churning goalies can get you Wins, Saves, and perhaps even Shutouts.

Sorry, yes, I agree. What I was getting at is that I always avoid the insane LSL goalie rush. Way more valuable imo to get a couple elite skaters while everyone else is grabbing goalies.

I also just remembered that my 3rd round pick this year was Landeskog, who didn't play a second. Not sure how I managed to win this year.