Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

I'm sure it'll work out in the end given who was kept, but hoo-boy, having half your budget vanish before draft even starts is tough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Its title defence time :clint:

Bunch of Knee Jerks

Elias Lindholm ($61 -> $74)
Jack Hughes ($38 -> $46)
Sam Bennett ($2 -> $3, second time)
K’Andre Miller ($1 -> $2)

Total: $125

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

I can do 8

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Defending champion Bunch of Knee Jerks

1. (16) Elias Pettersson (Van - C,LW) $70
2. (23) Claude Giroux (Ott - C,RW) $53
3. (41) Elvis Merzlikins (Cls - G) $23
4. (49) Brayden Schenn (StL - C,LW) $39
5. (70) Tage Thompson (Buf - C) $32
6. (81) Miro Heiskanen (Dal - D) $41
7. (98) Darnell Nurse (Edm - D) $52
8. (108) Dawson Mercer (NJ - C,RW) $1
9. (140) Kent Johnson (Cls - LW) $1
10. (141) Martin Fehervary (Was - D) $14
11. (144) Alex Nedeljkovic (Det - G) $5
12. (147) Jeff Petry (Pit - D) $12
13. (156) Jake Allen (Mon - G) $1
14. (166) Logan Couture (SJ - C) $20
15. (285) K'Andre Miller  (NYR - D) $2
16. (286) Sam Bennett  (Fla - C) $3
17. (287) Jack Hughes  (NJ - C) $46
18. (288) Elias Lindholm  (Cgy - C) $74

I basically always try and go all-in on players with center eligibility, but I got roped into bidding for a couple more pure Cs than I'd probably like. Got them FWs locked down though.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Yeah, what do the nerds know about fantasy hockey?

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Was there a change to how yahoo handles FA pickups? I'm used to running my team entirely through knee jerk gut reactions and having them reflected the next morning, now I just get a warning about not being able to drop a player that's already played.

Also, the 'Available Players (Games Today/Tomorrow)' seems really wonky, none of the dates are actually correct (today says the 20th) and they don't appear to show the right schedules at all.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Phew, I knew my goaltending in HHL would most likely be trash, but I was at least hoping that drafting all centres would keep me from having to make moves to lock down face off wins

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Oct 31, 2022

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Punting GAA

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

I really shouldn't have drafted Jake Allen. Can Montreal please just lose every game with a final score of 0-1?

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

I can stomach a losing streak, but failing to win FOWs when my team is entirely centres stings.

e. Season-long dilemma, apparently. Should've just kept Toews and his -2 every game.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jan 10, 2023

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

I also badly need a goalie, but would prefer not giving up anyone up of value, so if anyone would be cool with letting me fleece them, give me a shout.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Entering the HHL playoffs with what I think is my best ever group of skaters and by far my worst collection of goalies. I'm not sure this is going to go great for me when the difference between skaters shrinks against the better squads.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 13, 2023

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Oof, yeah, that puts me in a real tough spot

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

I cannot believe my gambit worked out

Sorry, Yaya

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

I don't know, I'm pretty nervous about my chances, I doubt I'll squeak out wins in goalie categories given who you've got and my skaters have been a bit banged up/cold the last couple weeks

Should hopefully be a close one, at least

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Jesus christ, absolutely shot myself in the foot bringing in petr mrazek last minute with some galaxy brained thinking

A blackhawks goalie is surely the way forward

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Oof, yeah, that's a tough way to let me back into a bit

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

corn on the cop posted:

samuel ersson and alex nedeljkovic

I got by the quarter finals on the backs of an incredible day from Colin Delia and Joel Hofer, we're in divine providence territory now

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

This is what it's like to be let down by the leafs, huh? I don't care for it.

I think either of the times I benched Korpisalo would've saved me from this fate, curse my cowardice

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Apr 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

corn on the cop posted:

my eternal angel

Congrats! Your team was really good, not having hits as a lock really threw off my plans for the week

Now that the season's over, even though it might not have ended as I'd have hoped, I'd still like to re-iterate:

VOTE1 posted:

Also I threw the teams into the athletics fantasy model thing (which I used for the first 45 minutes till work got in the way), not sure it did me heaps of help.

code:
TEAMS	FP	VORP
also bratt zarath...	89.4	63.4
Gourde's Green Earth	77.8	53.8
Jody Bysshe Shelley	77.8	57.3
Letang Chung		75.1	48.1
Corski and Fenski	71.9	45.6
Hughes on First?	67.4	45.7
Genki Origami		67.2	43.3
Michelanglos McDavid	65.6	36.6
Don't Cry For Me ...	64.7	44.6
Super Street Figh...	64.4	40.2