Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Back in LSL as Sillinger Escape Plan and HHL as Barclay Goodrow Harvest.

T-Bone posted:

Also unsure on draft times for either league, generally I like to draft as close to the start of season as possible.

It's earlier this year if we want to start before the games played in Europe (Oct 7th). The NA start is October 11th. Seems like it would be easier to just plan for the weekend/monday before the 11th.

With enough notice in advance I can basically draft any night, though Thursday night is easily my most open since I don’t work Friday’s. I’d prefer to start as early as 7 EST (or even earlier if we could manage it) so I can get some sleep before work at 5 in the morning. Maybe LSL on Wednesday the 5th and HHL Thursday the 6th? Or I could in theory make the 9th and 10th work if it’s not too late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Okay, so I added Oettinger on waivers in HHL last season for free. Now does that mean I can keep him at 1->2, or the original price he was drafted at? Same with Trouba, who I picked up off waivers for free but was originally drafted at $27.

Assuming 1->2:

Barclay Goodrow Harvest

Jack Eichel: $25 -> $30
Jake Oettinger: $1 -> $2
Tomas Hertl: $40 -> $48
Jacob Trouba: $1 -> $2

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

T-Bone posted:

Triple Post:

Moved the draft times an hour back. New times are:

DLML: Wed Oct 5 8:30pm EDT
LSL: Thu Oct 6 8:30pm EDT
HHL: Mon Oct 10 8:30pm EDT

e: These times might not work for menthol, so maybe they'll change again. Can everyone please let me know when they absolutely can't make it at for their respective leagues?

Earlier the better for me, I absolutely have to be in bed by like 10:30 at the very latest for work in the morning. That doesn’t include Thursday and Friday nights, because I have off Friday and Saturday. If it does have to be 8:30 I’d say do the HHL draft on Thursday because I can stay up way later that night (and that draft usually goes longest), and if it comes to it I can miss the last few rounds of the other drafts.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Sillinger Escape Plan
1. (18) Ilya Sorokin (NYI - G)
2. (23) Juuse Saros (Nsh - G)
3. (58) Jake Guentzel (Pit - LW)
4. (63) Filip Forsberg (Nsh - LW)
5. (98) Josh Norris (Ott - C)
6. (103) Noah Dobson (NYI - D)
7. (138) Bryan Rust (Pit - RW)
8. (143) Rasmus Andersson (Cgy - D)
9. (178) Ryan Johansen (Nsh - C)
10. (183) Clayton Keller (Ari - LW,RW)
11. (218) Tyson Barrie (Edm - D)
12. (223) Tyler Bertuzzi (Det - LW,RW)
13. (258) Ryan Strome (Anh - C)
14. (263) Yanni Gourde (Sea - C)
15. (298) Cole Sillinger (Cls - C)
16. (303) Shayne Gostisbehere (Ari - D)
17. (338) Sean Kuraly (Cls - C)
18. (343) Keegan Kolesar (VGK - C,RW)
19. (378) Josh Manson (Col - D)
20. (383) Brandon Saad (StL - LW)
21. (418) Michael Rasmussen (Det - C,LW)
22. (423) Zach Whitecloud (VGK - D)
23. (458) Filip Gustavsson (Min - G)

I’m never happy with my team post-LSL draft, and this year is no exception. I definitely wanted more top line scoring talent, but picking 18th kind of eliminates that possibly. If Sorokin and Saros have good seasons though I could easily make the playoffs.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

My goalies are going to save me in all three leagues this year. Particularly in HHL, where my skaters have either been injured or poo poo.

In DLML I might want to trade a forward for a defenseman, particularly if Landeskog and/or Norris come back any time soon. Since I was able to snag Pacioretty and he’s been solid so far, I’m running out of roster spaces for good forwards.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Couple hours left before the trade deadline in HHL, anybody want a goalie? I’ve got Darcy Kuemper available, looking for a scorer of some sort, doesn’t really matter if it’s a potential keeper or not.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

My DLML matchup this week wasn’t ever really close, that’s gonna be an easy advance. Sorry to Orrdinary People who had to face my team this week.

T-Bone posted:

Hmmm I honestly can't recall if we do reseeding. I want to say we do.

It looks like I am going to lose on the tiebreaker in the LSL, and by one in the DLML, although I've got small outs in both leagues.

Oshie getting 19 PIM’s may have just won you the LSL matchup, I don’t think I can flip anything to get the tiebreaker back unless I’m real lucky.

Teemu Pokemon posted:

love to have my opponent have his best combined SOG/hit/blk night of the season on a playoff saturday

also shoutout to cernak who haveraged 3.5 hits a game all season but had 3 total this week

Fuckin’ owned.

For real you still have a ton of guys going, very good chance it could flip in your favor tonight.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

I absolutely would have put a claim on Kuznetsov if I were paying attention to LSL anymore. I’m at the stage where I’m setting active players and that’s it.

HHL and DLML matchups are both really competitive heading into the weekend, but I’m not very confident about either. A couple good starts out of Gustavsson and Sorokin could win it for me in DLML, maybe. HHL I have the tiebreaker so if I can flip a category or two and again get some good goaltending, I could win that as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Losing in HHL partly because of a Joseph Will shutout.

God drat it.