Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

T-Bone posted:

Looking for at least two more teams now if possible.

I also moved the playoffs up in each league to try and avoid late season benching.

I could join the new league if you're still short a week from now. Don't want to claim spots in multiple leagues if some new folks are still tricklingin though.

Also I'm reg'd for LSL :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

T-Bone posted:

Word, I'd like to add two more so if it's not looking good on Monday/Tuesday I'll let you know.

Cool.

And if ever you still have 2 open spots and are okay with non-SA folks I could check with my brother.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Hey TBone, just curious for the Denis league - no BN spots? Wasn't sure if it was an oversight or a way to reduce daily roster tinkering etc

fawning deference posted:

I'm pretty sure I have the best team name

My Denis league name is pretty solid imho

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Denis Lemieux Memorial League

Ending up with the first pick was a bummer, having just 2 minutes to make consecutive picks was often a race against the clock cause y'all were extremely talented at sniping my shortlist in the dozen picks leading up to my turns haha.

I took Drai over Connor for the FOW and positional flexibility. Most stats they were pretty similar, McDavid had the big assist advantage and a bit of a points edge, but I reckoned I could make up for that elsewhere and benefit from having a top-tier FOW/scorer as a winger.

I had hoped to snag one of the top 3~ goalies with pick 28, but they were gone already. I honestly flubbed the Demko pick, was considering Markstrom among others and was checking stats quick when the timer hit :02 and I snap drafted Thatcher. At least I know he's a workhorse...

After that I decided to do the opposite of last years LSL and lock down strong goalies early. So instead of 2021's kitchen-sink approach of Nedeljkovic (Pick#125), Murray(#265), Craig Anderson (#305), and Vejmelka (waivers), I locked down my three before the 2nd wave of goalie picks. Last year I was almost entirely dependent on goalies other folks drafted/acquired and subsequently waived (long live Ville Husso, Mike Smith, & Logan Thompson).

TBD if this draft tactic backfires when Georgiev fails to find some consistency and/or Demko and Kuemper are let down by lackluster defense in front of them.

Good luck all!

P.S. "Tyler's Tyrannic TuesdayQueens of the Ice Age" is my RL brother, but he doesn't have an SA account, so passing on his hellos & thanks for the invite & best of luck to everyone.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 6, 2022

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

T-Bone posted:

:siren: Long Stick League draft tonight, 7:30pm EST! :siren:

Glanced at the settings to confirm the roster size and noticed that it has "Yes, enable Keeper League Management tools" set.

There are no keepers right, the option isn't being implemented?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Ah poo poo

Hey TBone in the LSL I was trying to drop Danil Tarasov so I could reactivate Elvis Merzkilins and I had a brainfart and dropped Merz by accident :gonchar:

Can you undo that move as the league owner? Or uh, can the other 19 GMs do me a favor and allow me to scoop him back up when the system allows me to do so? :ohdear: :shobon:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I have hopes that since its not a money league, and I posted 3min after the error, that folks will appreciate that it was a misclick-esque accident.

No one is dropping their 8th round pick & starting goalie an hour after they are declared healthy and no longer IR+ status, ya know?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

T-Bone posted:

Yeah it should be fixed now

Yay thank you TB :)

Good luck to wrap up week 1 all!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

4th or so LSL, I think I run into TBone this week so yikes.
2nd DLML, my dang brother leapfrogged into 1st, bah!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Is it just me or has Yahoo been inconsistent as hell the past 5~ days at showing individual game results for players when you look at their details.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Had an incredibly clutch week in DLML (Zarley Zalapski Zealots) with my goalies. I might finagle a playoff bye if I can perform decently these final two weeks.

The battle for seeding in the LSL (Frugal Moogle) is fierce as hell. It's been a see-saw struggle with Sweet Chinakov and Kope Harder since the new year began.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

LSL quarterfinals have been tight most of the week, I think this was from yesterday morning:

I had a surprisingly strong performance yesterday so I've pulled ahead of Dateline Predators by a healthy margin.

T-Bone, is the winner of 1vs8 locked into a match-up vs the winner of 4vs5? Curious what happens if Yeet and Sillinger pull off the upsets

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

T-Bone posted:

Hmmm I honestly can't recall if we do reseeding. I want to say we do.

It looks like I am going to lose on the tiebreaker in the LSL, and by one in the DLML, although I've got small outs in both leagues.

Yeah your match in the LSL is nuts, overall you're putting together a really strong week but Sillinger just happens to be excelling in exactly the 7 categories they need to barely pull ahead.

Hah, just noticed your flurry of adds/drops, I'm never patient enough to save my transaction quota til the weekend.

In DLML you're up against my brother; he wants to pass along a message of "this will be a close finish, good luck T-Bone! also thanks for putting together the league & offering me a place in it (my bad if i knock you out)".

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Hah, man my DLML squad put together its best performance of the season during a bye week. Shucks.

Man these LSL semi-finals will be brutal no matter who makes it through. I'm not feeling super optimistic, especially if the bracket is locked and I draw Rakell instead of Yeet.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

LSL doesn't reseed. So Frugal you'll get the winner of me and Rakell.

Barring an early injury or pull I'll take saves, which essentially puts us at 6-6 right now with Rakell having the tiebreaker. But goals, assists, goalie wins, SHP, and shutouts are all tied or within 1.

Dang, nice comeback, although still a bunch in play on both sides so knock on wood etc.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I dropped Kuz and Cirelli cause once we hit the playoffs and it was all about matchups I had to try and pivot my roster because my goalie situation imploded.

Vasy - Bad month
Schmid - Doesn't start enough
Arizona goalies - Edm Col Col Edm four game stretch

Think I'm going out in both semis unfortunately. :smith:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

Should have trusted my beautiful boy today. Hopefully it doesn't end up mattering that I benched that SO.

I don't think it will matter, hah, drat you smoked me this week, likely my worst loss all of this season and last season combined.

Great job Gob, best of luck in the finals!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

Good game! Woll had me sweating a bit there as I tried to figure out whether you'd catch me in GAA and SV% with a shutout.

7th final in 13 years of LSL and 5th in the last 6 years. Looking for title #4.

Thanks Gob!

Hah, oh god no. Starting Lyon early in the week torpedoed my goalie chances really, and Schmid giving up 3 goals on 7 shots was the killshot.

By mid-week I was basically relying on picking up a SHP and/or a SO, and holding onto at least four of G, PIM, S, H, BL. And looking at last week I had pretty much identical Shots and Blocks so my skaters produced, your roster balance just wrecked me.

drat, and I thought being on the cusp of consecutive finals would be a rare accomplishment. Guess I gotta up my game next year (after I tussle with T-Bone for bronze anyways :madmax:).

I squeaked into the DLML finals at least, but yikes Dude Where's Makar has a stacked line-up. Dunno if three roster adds can plug all my holes heh.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Dangit Vasi, where was this lights out performance when I needed it last week in the semis vs Kope :iiam:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

LSL 1st-place and 3rd-place matches both 7-6 to start today.
DLML 1st-place match is 5-4 and 3rd-place is 4-3 to kick off the weekend.
Gonna be a fun finish!

(Not in the HHL but GL to fancy & corn!)

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

After Vasi got an early evening shutout I looked at the goalie stats and thought "playing Prosvetov may give me a slight chance at Saves, and he'd have to have a catastrophic game to put SV% and GAA in doubt".

(insert that YouDumbAss emote which I can't recall the code for)

Also gently caress Boston, Thomas Novak puts in a herculean effort to give me a chance to hang on versus Jamwad, and then they get 3 PPP on one shot. :argh:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Just curious, is there a #5-#8 playoffs in LSL that I simply don't see in the app? Or is Dateline Predators wheelin' and dealin' for fun?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

There's always the miracle prayer of a shorthanded point too.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Adding Jack Hughes to my hate list. PP assist with 14 seconds left, the hell is this cruel ending.

Makar has the tiebreaker, it's a period of Backlund & JT Miller vs a period of Zegras.

C'mon Zegras, defect to the team that values ZZZs.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

Gillies!!

Now I basically need to avoid a SHP against.

Monkey paw, Dillon Dube somehow gets 32 minutes in penalties.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

GG Jamwad, you deserved it all along but drat. Losing on a tiebreaker with multiple categories having a margin of 0 or 1 is a tough way to conclude the season!

May the Bruins and Devils get eliminated in April. :gonchar:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Kind of silly that the tiebreaker came down to the week 10 matchup.

I would've had one more assist and won outright if a Pastrnak to Orlov goal hadn't been called offsides earlier today. That was a close one though!

Yeah, not sure how else to resolve ties though without using something convoluted like standard deviations to tally who won their categories by larger relative margins.

At least I knew heading in to the week I need to take 5, not 4.5, so them's the breaks!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

The secret to LSL is that goalies don't actually matter. I've now won titles with Carter Hart as my best goalie, Mackenzie Blackwood as my best goalie, and Alex Nedeljkovic as my best goalie. In short:

I think it shows goalies matter, but just like the Cup playoffs, it's pure voodoo knowing which duo/trio will have solid weeks in late March.

My trio last year to win the LSL was Mike Smith, Ville Husso, and Logan Thompson, all picked up off waivers between December and March.

This year I had Vasilevskiy as my #1, and a rotating cast which included Schmid, Ingram, Kochetkov, and Merzlikins fill in the other slots. Unfortunately Schmid was demoted, Arizona had a brutal schedule of Oilers and Avs games during our semis, and I'd dropped Kochetkov after he was sent to the minors and missed claiming him when he returned by a matter of minutes.

I guess the main takeaway is you're highly unlikely to select a skater off waivers who could reasonably get you two goals or nine shots or what have you, but churning goalies can get you Wins, Saves, and perhaps even Shutouts.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

Sorry, yes, I agree. What I was getting at is that I always avoid the insane LSL goalie rush. Way more valuable imo to get a couple elite skaters while everyone else is grabbing goalies.

I also just remembered that my 3rd round pick this year was Landeskog, who didn't play a second. Not sure how I managed to win this year.

I wonder what happens if the semis were re-seeded. I prob still lose vs Yeet cause I just had a really down week, but TBone might have gotten ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Hoppy Easter mes amis