Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

corn on the cop posted:

My invite went to spam FYI. Could be there.

My invite also went to spam.

I have really sucked in HHL the past few seasons. I just can't seem to crack the code of being able to select players who do well in this format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

8:30 for HHL is rough, just because the draft always goes forever.

Still deciding on my keepers.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

7pm is preferable, but I can make 8pm work.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Hughes on First?

Kaprizov: $41 -> $50
Kucherov: $28 -> $34
Kuemper: $63 -> $76
Hartman: $1 -> $2

I am picking Hartman over Jeannot. Wish me luck!

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Sorry about that. He told me and I forgot to post them.

Tarasenko
Fox
Weegar
Bunting

Tell me if you need the money amounts.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

T-Bone posted:

I think I've got everyone but Twin Cinema's buddy and Teemu's keepers. Here's where we're at:

Hughes on First?
Kirill Kaprizov
$50
Nikita Kucherov
$34
Victor Hedman
$76
Ryan Hartman
$2
Spent: $162
Remaining: $338

Just realized, a few minutes before the draft, that I was given Hedman. I didn't have him on my team last year. I had Kuemper.

I guess I'll just role with it?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

T-Bone posted:

hmmm my bad, well, guess you got a (cheap?) hedman

Yeah, not a big deal. I didn't even think to check my keepers beforehand, so my bad, too.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Hughes on First?
My only strategy was to get a strong goalie and center. I threw my money at Vasilevskiy, because there was nearly nothing else available, and then I grabbed Crosby because I had missed on my other choices (Barkov and MacKinnon, to name two). From there, since I knew money was tight, I decided to spend it on two good players, then worry about the rest. I tried to focus on more players who could bring ~intangibles~ and ~grit~. My goalie picks were "who can I get for nothing?" Then I noticed Tom Wilson still available, and I figured he'd be a great stash.

1. (14) Andrei Vasilevskiy (TB - G) $116
2. (25) Sidney Crosby (Pit - C) $99
3. (34) Josh Norris (Ott - C) $51
4. (57) Pierre-Luc Dubois (Wpg - C) $56
5. (137) Carter Hart (Phi - G) $1
6. (169) Erik Haula (NJ - C,LW) $1
7. (177) Hampus Lindholm (Bos - D) $2
8. (179) Erik Johnson (Col - D) $2
9. (183) Oliver Wahlstrom (NYI - RW) $1
10. (184) Damon Severson (NJ - D) $4
11. (195) Ivan Barbashev (StL - C,LW) $1
12. (202) Brenden Dillon (Wpg - D) $2
13. (206) James Reimer (SJ - G) $1
14. (215) Tom Wilson (Was - RW) $1
15. (249) Ryan Hartman  (Min - C) $2
16. (250) Victor Hedman  (TB - D) $76
17. (251) Nikita Kucherov  (TB - RW) $34
18. (252) Kirill Kaprizov  (Min - LW) $50

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Yeah, and who knows how long I can stash him. I think he's valuable enough to keep around, but it all depends on my injury situation.

Since you already have Marchand and McAvoy, I can see exactly why you passed.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Koopa Kid posted:

I just got offered Andrei Vasilevskiy for Jack Hughes in a keeper league, goaltending has always been my achilles heel (currently running Demko, Swayman, and Knight) but it feels bad to trade away a potential 1C like Hughes. I feel like I have to do it though right? I already have Barkov holding down my forward depth

What are your keeper league rules?

I think this deal is worth it, but I am not sure if you absolutely need to make it. I don't love your goalies, but you have two goalies that are capable of playing the bulk of their team's minutes. Vasilevskiy will obviously help you a lot, but I think you currently do have options there.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Koopa Kid posted:

6 keepers, no salary cap, scoring is categories. Goalies count for wins, sv%, gaa, and shutouts, skaters for the usual suspects with hits and blocks, also in addition to goals and assists there’s an overall points category, so scoring kind of double-dips.

I definitely think they’re seeing how dire my starts have been lately and trying to take advantage, goaltending is 4/13 categories and I’ve been getting crushed despite my opponents not actually doing well.

A ~40 win goalie like Vasy is worth a lot, Hughes only compares if he can consistently hit 100 points and hopefully learns to take some face offs, but yeah it’s probably too early to panic about my goalies. Eric Comrie’s on the wire and has started three straight for the Sabres, I might just pick him up and hold tight for now.

I like this deal more, actually. Being able to keep Vasilevskiy with no penalty is a pretty huge win. I think he's one of the only dependable great goalies in the league. That alone holds a lot of value.

For Jack Hughes, like you said, he needs to be an absolute 100-point star to be worth a ton He doesn't give you hits/blocks/PIM, nor does he give you FW. It's hard to know, but unless NJ takes the next step this year, his +/- will be negative, too. So, basically, you are just hoping he's worth it for G/A/PP/SOG. But, he definitely has the upside of someone who could being that star.

I think it's a much harder decision right now. I think it's too early to completely give up on Demko/Swayman (both mid tier options, but probably not as bad as they have looked so far), but I can see why this deal is really making you think about it. I am not really sure what I'd do. But, I think it's pretty even.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Gobias Ind. posted:

Carter Hart baby, love Carter Hart

People keep saying this, and it's true.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I knew I was taking a risk when I went with Gibson in HHL because the Ducks suck, but I didn't think that he would also suck this bad.

Gibson went from young star goalie to bad so quickly. And now he appears worse?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

In the HHL, I am dominating, but I feel like it may be a mirage. I am not really expecting Hart and to keep playing well, and while my team has a ton of grit, I am in the bottom half in terms of goals and assists. Who knows? Maybe I can keep stringing together wins.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

The great thing about going with a ton of $1 players at the end of the draft is that you are more willing to drop them. I feel like in previous years, I'd hold onto the guys who cost over $10 for too long, because I felt like they'd just have to turn it around. A little over 60% of the players I took at the draft cost me $18 total.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Man I'm at a real loss about what to do with my goaltending in HHL. Spencer Knight has been good, Bobrovsky is having a disaster season, and John Gibson is Jekyll and Hyde. Last night he has. 1.88 GAA, 39 save, .951. The game before that he allowed 5 on 19 shots for a slick 6.87 GAA/.737 sv%. It's been that way the entire season because the Ducks are awful.

I picked up Schmid but I don't think he's a long term solution/he won't get enough starts.

Maybe someone wants to trade? I have a lot of offensively-oriented players. Two of the top 5 scorers (Robertson, Pastrnak), Cale Makar, Suzuki, etc. I also have Marchand, Bergeron, and McAvoy and while it's nice to have so many players from the top team when the Bruins are rolling, it can be bad when they have a light week or aren't scoring. Too many eggs in one basket. So I'd be open to moving one or two of them as well if the right deal came along.

I do like Nick Suzuki (I like Bergeron more, though).

However, I am not trading Vasilevskiy, so it'd either have to be Hart or Reimer as one of the pieces.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Dropped Carter Hart because I am sick of him. His overall numbers still appear decent because his first 8 games he put up a .946, and in his last 10, he has a .873.

Last week, I tied 4-4-5 with Chychruncheese, and dropped from 2nd to 5th. Probably the closest match I have ever had.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I am glad that happened!

I was also looking at your team, and Draisaitl almost won the week on his own.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

In HHL, Bedard is going to be the most expensive rookie at the auction draft. McDavid went for $91, which I assume is the record. Bedard is breaking $100.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

One of these weeks, my goalies and players are going to both to play well to let me win by a large margin. Until then, only one of these groups can be good.

I am also really glad no one responded to my offer of Dubois for one of their goalies.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

mentholmoose posted:

Couple hours left before the trade deadline in HHL, anybody want a goalie? I’ve got Darcy Kuemper available, looking for a scorer of some sort, doesn’t really matter if it’s a potential keeper or not.

I have looked at both of our rosters, and I am unsure what deal could be made that we'd both be happy with. Feel free to shoot me something, if you can think of something I don't see. I am Dubois.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

In HHL, I accidentally dropped Tom Wilson. Is there anyone to get him added back to my team? I was trying to drop O’Brien.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

It was odd. I was going too fast!

Thanks, T-Bone.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I will be very surprised if I win this week's playoff match-up in the HHL. Already have Dubois and Kaprizov out, and now Svech is probably done for the season. I don't think I will be able to withstand that much talent out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I miscalculated. If I didn't start Vasilevskiy tonight, I would have won. Instead, he is currently playing, and now there's no way for me to win in the HHL because he's given up too many goals.

Whoops!