Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I like to imagine I’m somebody else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I like to hike, ride my non-American motorcycles where the curvy roads are, drive/fly rc's with my kids, drive trails in my Jeep, play catch with the kids, swim, bang my wife, etc. In the winter, I play video games.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

post on a dead gay forum, crank my freakin'g hog, smoke pcp into my rear end, inject reefer heroins into my rear end in a top hat, reenact cone bros, summers in rangoon, luge lessons. just the normal stuff

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

I grow mind bending mushrooms...I don't eat them though. Mostly for show.

Rock Paper Tongue
Oct 24, 2016

May cause birth defects

I play music on a variety of string instruments and try to learn other languages

I also get drunk and do math

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Golf
Bowl
Shoot pool (really badly, with this one)

e: oh! And cook! I fuckin love cooking poo poo, man.

MaliciousBiz
Mar 28, 2010

I Pay to Poast on Internet
Shut myself off in my bedroom for months at a time, free from the shackles of social interaction with only the anonymous creeps on Twitter to keep me company. It's a blast, OP.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I play pen and paper RPGs, board games, videogames. I also really like drugs, and listening to music. I am depressed tho and it really cuts down on how much fun I can get out of my hobbies.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Wow this thread could populate one depressing dungeon.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I like to abuse alcohol and weed and chase animals across the landscape. Not at the same time tho. I mean booze and weed yes but not the animals that would be irresponsible.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Take edibles and listen to nostalgic music. Sometimes dance horribly

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Dr.Smasher posted:

I like taking pictures of things with cameras

Dixville posted:

Take edibles and listen to nostalgic music. Sometimes dance horribly

those are both nice, wholesome hobbies.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

this was me last weekend (we weren't going 50 btw)

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

if that's really you it is impressive and looks like fun

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

fugg this rules

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

if that's really you it is impressive and looks like fun

it's me, i race rally cars op

Ohtori Akio posted:

fugg this rules

hell yeah

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

it's me, i race rally cars op

hell yeah

that's cool as hell you should make a thread about it

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I've been making improvised weaponry. It's actually really interesting to do the trial and error thing our ancestors did to see what works and what doesn't. I have no idea what I'm doing, but they keep getting better.

I was doing Mad Max/Fallout level sort of stuff, but got a bit more primitive lately.

I made Ms. Butcher a bang on fully functional paleolithic spear like you would throw at a mammoth with a hunting party, and even made her a cave woman functional bikini top, but she refuses to wear it even just for a private photo. I even offered to make myself a loin cloth, and she can wear the cave lady bikini over a normal shirt, but nope.

At least she is pretty good with the spear on targets though. Even with a heavy spear its hard to get deep, you really would have needed to throw a ton of them with a crew back in the stone age before the critter was wounded enough to finish off.

I've figured out how to make good arrows out of crap but the test bows are still a work in progress. Each iteration gets better. Weird but cool. And I'm set for gifts. Do you have a dagger? No? Guess what? Now you do. Everyone needs a dagger.

The Butcher fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Sep 18, 2022

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

This is going to end up with goons stabbing wild pigs with stone weaponry isn't it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Butcher posted:

I've been making improvised weaponry. It's actually really interesting to do the trial and error thing our ancestors did to see what works and what doesn't. I have no idea what I'm doing, but they keep getting better.

I was doing Mad Max/Fallout level sort of stuff, but got a bit more primitive lately.

I made Ms. Butcher a bang on fully functional paleolithic spear like you would throw at a mammoth with a hunting party, and even made her a cave woman functional bikini top, but she refuses to wear it even just for a private photo. I even offered to make myself a loin cloth, and she can wear the cave lady bikini over a normal shirt, but nope.

At least she is pretty good with the spear on targets though. Even with a heavy spear its hard to get deep, you really would have needed to throw a ton of them with a crew back in the stone age before the critter was wounded enough to finish off.

I've figured out how to make good arrows out of crap but the test bows are still a work in progress. Each iteration gets better. Weird but cool. And I'm set for gifts. Do you have a dagger? No? Guess what? Now you do. Everyone needs a dagger.

I hate the fact that you think your weapons are inventive. You know all governments across the world make weapons, and are unimpressed with yours

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Nothing ever since I stopped drinking. Seriously what is an adult supposed to do for fun besides get drunk all the time?

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Outpost22 posted:

Nothing ever since I stopped drinking. Seriously what is an adult supposed to do for fun besides get drunk all the time?

try some kind of community based active thing. a martial art works really well

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Outpost22 posted:

Betting? maybe

Not the place to ask

I have no answers

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

With enough time and practice you could become the new goatman and continue the time honored practice well into 21st century.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
needle felt. i just made an adorable pink chubby griffin. the last forum i was on used pictures of my art to find my facebook and harass me in real life. got me fired. i don't share any more.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Ohtori Akio posted:

try some kind of community based active thing. a martial art works really well

community activism will fill the days but not the nights

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I write and play music (and listen to it too), lots of cooking, woodworking, mess with electronics, work out, reading, spending time with my partner and friends. I dunno, besides the writing music part this seems like things everyone does? I live a life and it's nice, basically. When I have some totally free time I might even play a bideo james.

I guess I also like coding, or more accurately the design and mathing part of coding. Actually coding is tedious, but designing the implementation and algorithms are fun.

But my real interest is poo poo posting, OBVIOUSLY.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

syntaxfunction posted:

I write and play music (and listen to it too), lots of cooking, woodworking, mess with electronics, work out, reading, spending time with my partner and friends. I dunno, besides the writing music part this seems like things everyone does? I live a life and it's nice, basically. When I have some totally free time I might even play a bideo james.

I guess I also like coding, or more accurately the design and mathing part of coding. Actually coding is tedious, but designing the implementation and algorithms are fun.

But my real interest is poo poo posting, OBVIOUSLY.

when do you sleep?

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I hate the fact that you think your weapons are inventive. You know all governments across the world make weapons, and are unimpressed with yours

Not at all, improvised is not the same as inventive.

That's the interesting part of it. Any loving fancy ape with some money can go buy a gun and click a button and make people dead. Wow, super cool.

Taking a basic concept that already exists long back and figuring out how to make it work going in blind. Fail, learn, fail again, learn. You could read tutorials/youtube or buy kits, but it's way more interesting to just gently caress around.

And they aren't for actual fighting. You can just buy a gun for that. It's just functional prop stuff and for playing with. Like you can make totally blunt short swords for kids if the parents sign off and are like "yeah she would love it, and will be safe with it". And then you can pack it up with a story for them and poo poo.

Like I say it's sort of weird, but everyone loves getting their own sword.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I like to cook and when I'm not cooking I like to think up new recipes.

There is one I've been meaning to try. I had a lot of leftover sage from when I made saltimbocca so I looked up some recipes. I made sage and onion bread rolls and they were great. I'm now thinking of baking them stuffed with spiced mushrooms.

My spiced mushroom recipe is simply fry them in a little oil and butter, add chinese 5 spice and crushed garlic and a splash of light soy sauce - stuffed inside a sage and onion roll when it's baking!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

when do you sleep?

I have diagnosed acute insomnia so not nearly as much as I'd like :v:

But honestly, it's not like I do all of this every day completely. One day I'm loving with soldering some electronics, another day I'm composing something, make sure I have a healthy amount of time with the people I care about. I am busy as hell, hence why bideo james have the lowest priority (if I clock like three hours a fortnight that's pretty good, three a week is a lot).

Also to note is I am also unemployed because no one will hire someone with a neurological disorder that has non epileptic seizures they still haven't figured out why they happen :shrug: So that definitely gives me more time lmao

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I jerk off and then contemplate ways to stop jerking off

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Butcher posted:

Not at all, improvised is not the same as inventive.

That's the interesting part of it. Any loving fancy ape with some money can go buy a gun and click a button and make people dead. Wow, super cool.

Taking a basic concept that already exists long back and figuring out how to make it work going in blind. Fail, learn, fail again, learn. You could read tutorials/youtube or buy kits, but it's way more interesting to just gently caress around.

And they aren't for actual fighting. You can just buy a gun for that. It's just functional prop stuff and for playing with. Like you can make totally blunt short swords for kids if the parents sign off and are like "yeah she would love it, and will be safe with it". And then you can pack it up with a story for them and poo poo.

your ok Butcher. I hope to argue again with you in future

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

The Butcher posted:

weren't you the one telling people to give themselves wounds to practice first aid? Not sure I trust you with unfettered access to homemade short swords buddy.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
They're literally called The Butcher.

Case solved.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

AKZ posted:

weren't you the one telling people to give themselves wounds to practice first aid? Not sure I trust you with unfettered access to homemade short swords buddy.

No I think that was the other weird guy.

I'd never advise someone to self harm, it's stupid as hell for many reasons, and nobody should do that, but I kinda see the point of it if you really want to understand what the patient is feeling and how the care for different things works and feels.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I post OP. :justpost:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

that's cool as hell you should make a thread about it

i've thought about it but that's a lot of work. next year my team is tryign to contest the regional championship tho so maybe i'll make a thread about it then

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin
The old dick twist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Butcher model the stone age bikini for us. Your partner might be a coward but I know you're the real deal.