Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

D.N. Nation posted:

UGA doesn't really run the ball great and are susceptible to underneath stuff on defense, a little too much bend-don't-break.

Other than that, they're loving Galactus.

Upcoming schedule for the Dawgs: Kent State (bad), Missouri (bad), Auburn (bad), Vanderbilt (bad), Florida (bad), Tennessee (spry), Miss. State (bad), Kentucky (spry), Georgia Tech (bad). Shoot, UGA might face two interim coaches in that run

Yeah I’m thinking a lot of reasonably engaged CFB fans (myself included) may not see a second of Georgia football before the SECCG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1571340182565036033

Rutgers tied for 1st in the Big 10 East

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Go Dubs

lol Sparty

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

General Dog posted:

Yeah I’m thinking a lot of reasonably engaged CFB fans (myself included) may not see a second of Georgia football before the SECCG

Tune in, you never know if that play will be the one where Stetson pukes after throwing a TD

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Alaois posted:

the only reason they didn't lose is South Alabama trying the worst fake field goal attempt of all time

https://twitter.com/nocontextcfb/status/1571244655257464832

Lol holy poo poo so much going on here.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Kansas is outright in 1st in the Big 12..

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Strobe posted:

Kansas is outright in 1st in the Big 12..

KU 3-0
Duke 3-0
Rutgers 3-0
Vandy 2-1

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I sure didn’t see coming the Dana Holgorsen Experiment suffering a resonance cascade before conference play

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Texas with a big boy :effort: cover

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty pleased with that second half performance. UTSA took their best shot and they aren't slouches and UT managed to weather the storm and pull it together. Last year's team probably manages to lose this game.

It doesn't show in the stats but Harris played out of his mind tonight.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

PostNouveau posted:

South Alabama lost what would have been a huge win for them with a really stupid fake FG

https://twitter.com/nocontextcfb/status/1571244655257464832

This is legit one of the 100 worst plays called in the history of college football.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yates posted:

This is legit one of the 100 worst plays called in the history of college football.

its somehow worse than the play EKU ran last week in overtime where they set it up intentionally to pitch back to an offensive lineman

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I don't know if Texas should have won that game. and I think we won it partly because of injuries, but I am glad we won.

Next week at Tech is gonna be scary though.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

PostNouveau posted:

I'm pretty pleased with that second half performance. UTSA took their best shot and they aren't slouches and UT managed to weather the storm and pull it together. Last year's team probably manages to lose this game.

It doesn't show in the stats but Harris played out of his mind tonight.

I'm a little miffed that it took a helmet-to-helmet hit and ejecting one of our best defenders to sack Harris one single time in the whole game. Dude might as well have been playing with a bomb vest on.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Sep 18, 2022

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Alaois posted:

its somehow worse than the play EKU ran last week in overtime where they set it up intentionally to pitch back to an offensive lineman

That was beautiful

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

#keepsawinwood

https://twitter.com/KeepSawinWood/status/1571302993378557964

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Durkin’s defense seems like it may be good enough to keep the Aggies in the game against most of the schedule even if the offense never really figures things out.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Fingers crossed this was real and there was video

https://twitter.com/AnwarRichardson/status/1571346289895383041

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Mounted in what sense?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg1jUuJoaww

this is BLEAK

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

General Dog posted:

Durkin’s defense seems like it may be good enough to keep the Aggies in the game against most of the schedule even if the offense never really figures things out.

The first drive of the second half had some nice throw and catch plays to receivers with space, then Jimbo was like welp that’s all we need let’s shut the playbook for the rest of the half.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Huskies were able to get and keep a lead against a good team for a change. Looking forward to being ranked after zero AP votes all season.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Wtf is this topic, Iowa is still playing.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Democratic Pirate posted:

The first drive of the second half had some nice throw and catch plays to receivers with space, then Jimbo was like welp that’s all we need let’s shut the playbook for the rest of the half.

The one positive thing I’ll say for Max Johnson is that he takes better care of the ball than Haynes King. There’s such a thing as a quarterback being too cautious, of course, but it’s not like the offense with King was productive otherwise.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Sorry rear end performance in all three phases from MSU today. Maybe the worst they’ve looked on defense against a non-Ohio State team since like, the John L. Smith days. Two key players are out on that side of the ball but this pass defense is just inexcusable at this point. Whatever Jaxon Smith-Njigba does to them in a couple of weeks will be absolutely horrifying.

Husky Stadium report: Very nice sight lines, the crowd was extremely rowdy but overall very friendly (minus a dude who was about to start a fight five minutes into the game because someone touched him). Tons of Sparties were out here to witness this debacle of a game. Behind the back endzone there’s a bunch of food trucks and poo poo set up on the practice field which is cool. Some of the regular concession stands sell clam chowder, which is horrifying to consider. At halftime they tried to drive the giant helmet through a crowd of people. My girlfriend who thinks football is stupid had a good time, mostly because she loved Dubs. My dad was in a piss-rear end mood over the game (and it was a terrible game) but it wasn’t a bad time. Would go again and root for UW against whatever Pac-12 opponent.

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Sep 18, 2022

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I know LSU looks like poo poo too, but I’m starting to think it’s a good thing that no one from Notre Dame followed Kelly because it seems like they suck at their jobs.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Arizona doubles its win total from last season with a win over NDSU :toot:

The story of why we scheduled them in the first place is too good for the last page of the GDT though

quote:

In early 2017, the UA was looking to schedule an FCS game for September 2022. The school went through Gridiron, a scheduling service run by Dave Brown, a former ESPN executive who has become the premier matchmaker in college football. That in and of itself wasn’t unusual; Gridiron works with every school in FBS and almost every one in FCS.

What was unique about this particular situation is that Arizona elected to use the auction function on the Gridiron website. No one ever had before. And no one has since.

Arizona was looking to save money. The idea behind the online auction system was that it would save time. It worked on both fronts.

Arizona is paying $425,000 for North Dakota State to play in Tucson on Saturday night. The average payout by Pac-12 schools to FCS programs since 2011 is $555,000, according to Gridiron’s database. Making things even better for the UA from a financial standpoint: Approximately 10,000 NDSU fans are expected to attend the game at Arizona Stadium.

"Out of all the games that have ever been put together ... I don’t know if that will ever be topped," Brown said. "If any school was gonna do it, it’s North Dakota State."

NDSU jumped at the opportunity because it’s hard for the Bison to schedule games against FBS opponents. They’ve won six such matchups in a row. No one wants to play them.

Recalling how it all went down, NDSU athletic director Matt Larsen described the process as "definitely the most unique way we've ever scheduled a football game."

"This was the first time that we ever saw the auction function used," Larsen said. "We thought internally, this could be an opportunity to get an FBS game. So we said, ‘Hey, let's put a low bid in.’ We did, fully expecting that somebody might come in a little bit lower or maybe Arizona wouldn't want that. Lo and behold, they took it."

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Looking at their schedule, I don't see Tech winning another game this year.

Every years under Collins gets worse. He's obviously not the answer. But does Tech administration care enough to do something about it?

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Emory Jones transferred from Florida to get whomped by Eastern Michigan.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Zurreco posted:

Huskies were able to get and keep a lead against a good team for a change. Looking forward to being ranked after zero AP votes all season.

Go Dawgs but I am a little worried that Sparty’s were able to start putting so many unanswered points on the board.

And yet - bow down to Washington!!!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
58-27 win for UNLV over North Texas and for the first time in a long while I'm thinking we might get to a bowl game :unsmith:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Blake Corum is handsome and is a good football player and is cool.

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1571236094334697473

Dude might have MORE touchdowns than Haskins did in 2021.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

oh yeah, Purdue got two unsportsmanlike penalties to kickoff from the 10 and lose

never forget

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Vols bitch

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I am going to continue beat the "Stetson for Heisman" drum. Top 5 in QBR:

950 yards, 5 passing touchdowns, 3 rushing touchdowns and a 74% completion rate. Hasn't played past about 8 minutes of the 3rd quarter each game. He will throw for about 3800 if we continue passing the ball like we have. He is a QB at a big program but if he came out of high school with a few more stars like Bryce Young he would have more season hype.

We are a rolling machine of death and destruction and at this point the only folks beating us in the regular season are the injury bug and ourselves. Through 3 games, the defense is better than it was in 2021, the offense is currently averaging 43.3 points per game, so this "UGA is coasting off defense" narrative is about to be gone. On one hand, I love a competitive game, but on the other it is really nice to see UGA actually play up to their potential. Up until last season it always felt like we needed juuuuuuust one more thing to get us over the hump. Well poo poo yall, we got it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I can’t believe Iowa covered the -24 spread.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

Neither can i.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Hello, Bad Beats on SVP

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
What the hell is going on with Arizona State? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I think he's a dead man walking as far as his job goes (I don't know if there's buyout money involved or not) but I couldn't help but laugh at how extremely football coach his voice and cadence of speech is.

I can talk like that but I'd imagine he does this every second of every day and just gets louder or quieter depending on the situation.