Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most brutal form of entertainment
Bear baiting
This game (we are monsters)
Crotch boxing
Knitting (but also stabbing each other with the needles)
Throwing tomatoes at dudes in the stocks
View Results

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I did not know this butt Tony Dungy and Jason Garrett on the SNF pregame show? Be still my beating heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
He didn't even touch him?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The one offensive player that should never false start seems like it oughtta be the center.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If 88 would have been able to pick up 26 somehow that run might have gone a hell of a long way.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't think that flea flicker actually fooled anyone, just the receiver beat the corner.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Fields decided he was keeping that ball real quick.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Bad screens are so incredibly frustrating and the Bears seem to enjoy running them.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Unnamed One posted:

Maybe try things other than screens and 3 yard passes, I dunno

I don't think they trust their OL in pass pro at all. And they're probably right to think that way.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm not sure if it's the Bears roster or the Bears playcalling that is more bleak on offense.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, this is so miserable.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Did I see we have weather going on?

You know what this game could really use? A lightning delay. Please extend this misery as long as possible.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
...huh

https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1571667212775325696

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Late to this but was it Orton who just walked out and ghosted whatever team he was on when he retired?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Benne posted:

Are you thinking of Vontae Davis? He literally took off his pads at halftime and retired on the spot.

Yeah I remember that which is more extreme but

Pops Mgee posted:

Yeah it was the Bills

Orton just walked out of the practice facility on a random Monday and never came back if I remember right? Just let the retirement thing sort itself out without talking to anyone.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
After all of this this is still not an impossible comeback.

But it sure as goddamned hell feels impossible.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Without looking up stats I feel Montgomery has been quietly good tonight?

Maybe the Bears should just run the ball every play no matter who the back is it looks like.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't think linesmen can see people sticking the ball out and need help from other refs in those situations. Like the side judge that was ahead of the play instead of behind saw that happening and could help out it seems.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Uh oh they're gonna pass here.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Refs doing a solid there by calling it a TD.

It was never a fumble though so that's good in the end, just hurry the review up.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think that one might actually have been a TD though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kirios posted:

I am not convinced Justin Fields is the guy.

In general I agree, but none of what we've seen in the last couple of minutes is his fault.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

did the bears get a new HC? they seem identical in their play calling and general incompetence this year as last

Part of the problem is having a couple of goodish running backs and absolutely nothing else to support your young QB. Aside from that maybe Cole Kmet is sort of adequate. That offense is dire.

There's only so much you can do in the best case scenario with what they're running out there it seems to me.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Wifi Toilet posted:

Put a chip in the football so the TV can make a glow around the ball

Make it glow blue normally and red with a trail behind it when it is moving quickly.

That will make everything clear and annoy absolutely no one as I understand things.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Why are the Packers running plays?

Just kneel, this is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Like it wasn't technically over I guess, but it was impossible for the Bears to have enough time to do anything.