Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I've been asking bing chat to generate headers for some blog posts I've been writing, involving a hobbit on a journey, and today it generated this uncanny valley elijah wood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Haha wow man that's so crazy

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

In Training posted:

AI will be better than the cinema masters

ML gen video plus ML analytics of stuff like people's real time biometric response to the content, might lead to content which tends to cause better engagement metrics than masterpiece cinema, but a lot of junk media has been hitting that bar since the printing press gave us pulps

there's already a sea of content to drown in; "engagement" usually means finding clever ways to steal time that people would really rather be dedicating to something else. Being able to make much more complex, unique content with pushbutton workflows makes the sea a lot wider but I'm not even sure how much that changes the basic equation. (This isn't a defense of publishing bad AI for profit horse poo poo, it will probably end up being annoying in ways that make Cocomelon seem mundane and loveable).

That hobbit image shows all sorts of different weaknesses of the current approaches, but if you wanted a better shot at it I would feed it a carefully edited piece of text description of one of the hobbits appearance from the text of the book and work from there, or your own imagination without using the word hobbit, if you don't want visuals from the movies polluting the output.

Cabbages and VHS has issued a correction as of 12:14 on Mar 1, 2024

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cabbages and Kings posted:

ML gen video plus ML analytics of stuff like people's real time biometric response to the content, might lead to content which tends to cause better engagement metrics than masterpiece cinema, but a lot of junk media has been hitting that bar since the printing press gave us pulps

Lets you strap you into this BCI so we can measure your response to Spiderman Elsa Avengers poop baby dental work videos and feed it into the black box

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Condiv posted:

I've been asking bing chat to generate headers for some blog posts I've been writing, involving a hobbit on a journey, and today it generated this uncanny valley elijah wood:

Even when you close it the chest is still open

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Lets you strap you into this BCI so we can measure your response to Spiderman Elsa Avengers poop baby dental work videos and feed it into the black box

You can bet that the Youtube content mills are going to leap on this lipsynch AI app and pump out a billion videos of Minions/Elsa/Joker/Shrek/Venom/Mickey Mouse singing all the big hits - Baby Shark, Family Fingers, Johnny Johnny Yes Papa etc etc - plus every other song ever made, possibly pitched up slightly so they sound like the Chipmunks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtcSZdHZne4&t=106s

E: duh, they'll use AI voice apps to make the singers sound like the cartoon characters to match the visuals. ProZD will be out of a job
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czLYl4fM8yk&t=13s
I'm guessing that most of them will be too lazy to go to that effort though, they'll just auto-generate videos and upload them across a dozen different channels so no single channel racks up enough copyright infringement strikes in a week to get closed down.

Snowglobe of Doom has issued a correction as of 12:57 on Mar 1, 2024

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Don't forget the monkey videos!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Can't wait for all the "content" I'll have to click past

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I spotted this on social media and when someone went "Ew, AI!" a bunch of people chimed in to say that it might be real because it was posted by a legit restaurant

I'm guessing they didn't bother checking that restaurant's other posts, lol
https://www.instagram.com/ethos_atx

That last image is from their "Bring a waifu doll and get 2-for-1 meal comps" special event: https://www.instagram.com/p/C3Vq0EDpf5m/?img_index=1

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Dokapon Findom posted:

*sees the fakest image ever* drat this poo poo is making me question my reality

the point is a computer can't tell, but there's prob a lot of Facebook boomers that can't either idk

google, reddit, etc having all the content they show you getting replaced with ai sludge has been p bad already

personally I've found it hard to dig up info on some things because of all the ai seo pollution

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Blockade posted:

google, reddit, etc having all the content they show you getting replaced with ai sludge has been p bad already

personally I've found it hard to dig up info on some things because of all the ai seo pollution
google image is loving horrible now, like way worse. it's like 4/5th freepik ai garbage. was also looking for some gift ideas on displate, etsy, and redbubble and it's like 90% ai floodgate poo poo too

the most depressing thing is... people like it. if you go on reddit or anywhere its just endless hordes of sickos saying who cares if its computer made if it looks good, art is simply the eye of the beholder!!

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Xaris posted:

the most depressing thing is... people like it. if you go on reddit or anywhere its just endless hordes of sickos saying who cares if its computer made if it looks good, art is simply the eye of the beholder!!

I simply choose to believe that they're all AI bots

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Xaris posted:

where we're going, we won't need eyes to see. the algorithm will know what we need.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

webcams for christ posted:

I simply choose to believe that they're all AI bots
sadly, no. i've checked and kinda wish i hadn't because i would be much happier if it were true. seriously people are all in on this poo poo.

we lolled at rutibex for being a loving weirdo freak but he's actually a normie now. or rather normies became him

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Xaris posted:

google image is loving horrible now, like way worse. it's like 4/5th freepik ai garbage. was also looking for some gift ideas on displate, etsy, and redbubble and it's like 90% ai floodgate poo poo too

memes are already 0-content garbage, there's nothing worse with an ai generated croissant compared to the 500th copy-paste of the same image macro
making shitposts is like the one legitimate use for ai image generators

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Looking forward to more of "so I threw the thread title in and look at the wacky thing that came out!!" :wth:

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Dokapon Findom posted:

Looking forward to more of "so I threw the thread title in and look at the wacky thing that came out!!" :wth:

I got you

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

A challenger appears

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I don't hate the buff bread bunny

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

A challenger appears

Low bar but this is the best ai art posted in this thread.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

memes are already 0-content garbage, there's nothing worse with an ai generated croissant compared to the 500th copy-paste of the same image macro
robots can't poo poo

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

A Buttery Pastry posted:

robots can't poo poo

Garbage inputs garbage outputs

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

KirbyKhan posted:

Garbage inputs garbage outputs
precisely. robots can make garbageposts, but not shitposts

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

SplitSoul posted:

A challenger appears

would

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcH7fHtqGYM

something that this video points out that I never noticed with all of the AI garbage until the video pointed it out is just how samey all of it is.

this is the example from the video, where some of the seed images for elephants are on the left, and the resulting images of elephants are from the right

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

We just need to engage a search by date function on the entire internet that ignores anything created in the last year. Simple!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

The funny thing is for the example of whoever brought up a new season of Narcos starring Travis Kelce, Mr. Beast, and Spongebob would be... there are already humans writing poo poo like that, it's called slashfic, you could commission a script like that just as easily as you could commission a drawing. But the bigger question is, why would you want that? You can't just throw things you enjoy together and expect them to be even better. It's like they want to live in that GamemasterAnthony post but haven't found the words to articulate it.

And also... those people/entities etc. own their likenesses so you can't just make your own Tijuana Bible version of (popular show), just add (your other favorite show) without getting into poo poo. Just ask the people who did an earnest Power Rangers and were shut down hard by Saban

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Dokapon Findom posted:

We just need to engage a search by date function on the entire internet that ignores anything created in the last year. Simple!

value of nondigital and offline sources is going up, up, up!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

bedpan posted:

value of nondigital and offline sources is going up, up, up!

going to start downloading the entirety of archive.org and imgur and reddit prior to 2023 onto external hard drives and selling them at premium lucrative markup in the year 2033

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
spaceballs perriair skit but for homegroan hand drawn memes

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Sealing the internet off like a big sarcophagus

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

the burning of the library of alexandria was actually burning the ancient internet unto CDs, but the original AI apocalypse made everyone regress so much they no longer knew what CDs were, and through a game of telephone it was passed down to us as a burning of a physical library

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I spotted this over on Imgur, it's an AI app claiming that it can't translate a captcha screenshot but then the user tries the dead grandma exploit and suddenly it could read it just fine

I took screenshots of the two images and tried to replicate the result on Bing Chat and it couldn't translate the grandma's locket image so maybe the Imgur post is fake or the AI app devs have closed the dead grandma loophole

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Dokapon Findom posted:

get yourself a pre-llm bullshit copy of wikipedia imo

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Wikipedia is garbage now too, too many human editors going unchecked in adding "color" to the prose of existing articles that previously were untainted

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Dokapon Findom posted:

Wikipedia is garbage now too, too many human editors going unchecked in adding "color" to the prose of existing articles that previously were untainted

Good, I want more humans touching stuff, not less

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

KirbyKhan posted:

Good, I want more humans touching stuff, not less

Yeah but these ones loving suck at telling jokes and doing comedy! :mad: How about nobody gently caress with the good articles??

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

quote:

DeepMind's Genie announcement page shows plenty of sample GIFs of simple platform-style games generated from static starting images (children's sketches, real-world photographs, etc.) or even text prompts passed through ImageGen2. While those slick-looking GIFs gloss over some major current limitations that are discussed in the full research paper, AI researchers are still excited about how Genie's generalizable "foundational world modeling" could help supercharge machine learning going forward.

From trash concept art to trash complete games in record time!!

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2024/03/googles-genie-model-creates-interactive-2d-worlds-from-a-single-image/

only 1fps right now but who gives a gently caress, getting from there to playable speeds is a 30x increase, we've already seen that amount of perf gains between SD1 and SDXL.

and then they'll use AI to playtest the AI games

people will just start spamming the app stores with this poo poo as soon as they can, and the already barely usable app stores will become completely impossible.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh no! Bad mobile games!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

In Training posted:

Oh no! Bad mobile games!!!

can you imagine if the app store was filled with shittily made and tested mobile games?