Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
AI, give me a game based off this vertical slice from this fake mobile game. I want meta progression and a daily bonus. I am sure I can solve these puzzles better than this dingus letus playing on this 45 second video. Engage!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Computer, design, build, and launch a mobile game optimized for repeat engagement. Your goal is to monetize each user at a median revenue of $19.50 per day. Enable cart workflow anti-patterns. Advertise game for 22 year olds but simultaneously target all gameplay mechanics and art design to children 7-12. Execute.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
computer, make me a game with graphics like gta6 and the gameplay of batman arkham city, with a story like alan wake 2, and the main character is jack reacher.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

computer, make me a game with graphics like gta6 and the gameplay of batman arkham city, with a story like alan wake 2, and the main character is jack reacher.

i'm excited to see the trailer lemme know when it's done rendering

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i'm excited to see the trailer lemme know when it's done rendering

here it is https://youtu.be/pJI9AKD9tak?si=tKYZHhURfubfQxKX

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
I'm the person so desperate for any form of entertainment that I'm endlessly shelling out for lovely mobile games

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

scary ghost dog posted:

featureless omni-gloop really is the future

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Dokapon Findom posted:

I'm the person so desperate for any form of entertainment that I'm endlessly shelling out for lovely mobile games

both app stores (google is worse) have made it very hard to filter by paid apps

almost all of what I want is music production stuff, and for any given thing there's usually 195 freemium bullshit spam adverts for a spectrum analyzer or w/e before someone wants to just sell me a decent one with no in-app purchases for $9.99

when I used to play mobile games more, by the end I was relying on the SA threads about games to keep up with what's actually "good", because, again, the stores are garbage. So yea the problem isn't new to AI but AI makes it easier to do the thing of spamming apps hoping that one makes you money, so, it will make the problem worse.

now I have like $1200 of Korg synthesizers on my phone and I never want to play with anything else :laugh:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

another sterling example to prove that the best use-case for generative image models is shitposting

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

IRAI

It put a hat on a small barrel. Influenced by Homer as the Prime Minister of Ireland perhaps?

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

I can’t tell if that’s racist or not

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Can't spell IRA without A and I.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/RetractionWatch/status/1768336483641880619

https://twitter.com/evanewashington/status/1768419398191034734

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

oh wow all academics are pointless fakers whoda thought it i thought they were cool or whatever

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Give me a doctorate, I also don't read papers or essays

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://twitter.com/SigPococurante/status/1768528330892976227
Yep, just like those court cases where lawyers used ChatGPT to put together a list of precedent cases and it simply made up stuff that sounded convincing

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I loving hate when people refer to it as a hallucination

it’s working as intended, it’s a lossy algorithm using statistical extrapolation for next best word, it’s not using actual facts

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Feels like there needs to be a heavier hand in dealing with this kind of thing. Strip people caught doing this of their degrees, disbar them, whatever's appropriate for their field.

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

hallucinations are unironically the best part of ai

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

super sweet best pal posted:

Feels like there needs to be a heavier hand in dealing with this kind of thing. Strip people caught doing this of their degrees, disbar them, whatever's appropriate for their field.

how can you tell if what you're reading is incomprehensible, meaningless garbage written by AI or a normal journal article though?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

oh wow all academics are pointless fakers whoda thought it i thought they were cool or whatever

not sure this is the direction i would take this article but hell,

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

it's a hallucination, made by an artificial mind hallucinating

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

super sweet best pal posted:

That the lawyer who was the first to get caught didn't get disbarred is all you need to know. The dirty secret is that every white collar job is already making heavy use of GPT.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

only beings capable of cognition can hallucinate. LLMs don't deserve anthropomorphization

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Xaris posted:

it’s working as intended, it’s a lossy algorithm using statistical extrapolation for next best word, it’s not using actual facts

Yeah there's a very fundamental misunderstanding of how any of these LLMs/Art generator things work, and it (among many reasons) is causing huge problems

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Xaris posted:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Do Androids Hallucinate of Electric Sheep?

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

im a unironic rutibex truther

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Do Androids Hallucinate of Electric Sheep?

Yes!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mandel Brotset posted:

im a unironic rutibex truther

rutibex was banned from posting builds in the POE thread, so this motherfucker posted his lovely builds in Post My Favorite (lauditory)

Hexblast became meta the week after he permabanned. Coincidence?!?! Absolutely not.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

KirbyKhan posted:

rutibex was banned from posting builds in the POE thread, so this motherfucker posted his lovely builds in Post My Favorite (lauditory)

Hexblast became meta the week after he permabanned. Coincidence?!?! Absolutely not.

yup

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Posting gimmick: rutibex but posting about Last Epoch instead of Path of Exile

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

Posting gimmick: rutibex but posting about Last Epoch instead of Path of Exile

Paladin build that spins and does nothing else.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Xaris posted:

it's clearly confabulation

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Computer, create a video game that can beat Commander Data, huge boobs, trending on artstation

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 43 minutes!
AI art has done more net positive for humanity than anyone is willing to admit. No longer do you need to settle for "meh" or "good enough". You can now Demand More. There is no going back. The Mommys are Thicker, Bigger, Fatter. Stacked. The Daddys are Thicker, Bigger, Fatter. Ripped. The "endgame" of Humanity has been forced upon us from the Distant Future into the Now. And for that, I thank "AI"!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
2000s era MSPaint Thread vs AI

https://twitter.com/RealCaseyHara/status/1770979175802810433?t=LTzUwWQBhoWhdjYA9x3WZg&s=19

https://twitter.com/DaleTho09600350/status/1770988261462135182?t=VxkqPZtnP_e-Bd-UGvAR7w&s=19

https://twitter.com/RealCaseyHara/status/1770992949981069319?t=TlxysIga2kPIVIsW2Rkivg&s=19

Click last tweet for thread

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

pants elephant is radical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

It took 100 monkeys with 100 typewriters 100 years to come up with "an elephant wearing pants". The AI did it in 6 seconds.