Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
driving a cheapo wb mason chair. i treat the back/tailbone soreness as an excuse to take a break and go see what my kids are up to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

die lifting 3 plates 💪

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i want to die tho

same

unfortunately I’ve kind of concluded this isn’t an option, so sort of makes sense to try to make the most of this bogus situation

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

die lifting 3 plates 💪

efb

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

got a steelcase leap from a office liquidator place right as the pandemic started.

extremely needs suiting almost three years later.

it was cheap as it was originally upholstered in the companies colors but lol who cares. looks nice.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

SO DEMANDING posted:

i got a chair for u and ur posts, op:

all set for quake 3

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

coworker asked me whta i was doing when i was pushing a hcair out the door last friday

-_-

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

stealing office equipement. what does it look like

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

coworker asked me whta i was doing when i was pushing a hcair out the door last friday

-_-

hcair

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

-_-

“why don’t you mind your own business, bitch”

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Shaggar posted:

then where do you put the mouse and keyboard?

aside while you use your pad as is the correct way

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
did anyone post a chair yet

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

bring out the vacuum

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
every day man, fuckin dog life

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Cat Face Joe posted:

aside while you use your pad as is the correct way

using a trackpad for games? are you insane?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Sniep posted:

lets judge this guy absed on whatever is in this picture

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

nice macbook background

for a clown 🤡

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Shaggar posted:

using a trackpad for games? are you insane?

pro strat

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I'm the plastic bag full of brown paper hanging on the door knob.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

ngl jealous of the World Wide Web rug tho

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

AnimeIsTrash posted:

im the dot com rug

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

post hole digger posted:

I'm the plastic bag full of brown paper hanging on the door knob.

even worse it's full of other plastic bags from the grocery stores

either for reuse or when it gets too full thrown into the car to be recycled

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Sniep posted:

in it. voted 5

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Sniep posted:

p sure i also use this chair, it's pretty good

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
just do what i did. take home an office chair that the school district was throwing out. no big deal

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
pretty sure it dates back to the 70s at minimum

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

yeah the steelcase loving rocks and I spent $600 on it from a surplus sale and it was loving worth it because I use it every day for many many hours.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
We’re a Herman Miller Mira household. I like the mesh seat but mesh back is a no-go.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash posted:

-_-

Going for attempt 2 today. :ninja:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

my office and the bedrooms get pretty toasty in the morning and afternoon respectively. i feel like a chair with a mesh back and/or seat would be pretty great for postin throughout the day

but i have a good steelcase that's ergonomically needs suiting so im not gonna spend money on an aeron or w/e

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
Got a Herman miller Cosm

same as an aeron but ‘automatic’ so my non technical brain doesn’t have to do anything to it

looks better too imo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i sit on a stool

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

a neurotic ai posted:

Got a Herman miller Cosm

same as an aeron but ‘automatic’ so my non technical brain doesn’t have to do anything to it

looks better too imo

looks rad; you might like the mirra & mirra 2 then, since they're the same designers.

and ye, the only adjustment that should happen regularly on a task chair is the armrests imo. anything beyond the armrests & height won't be adjusted by most people anyhow. i do like when task chairs have a recline tension adjustment tho. my humanscale freedom chairs don't have the tension adjustment out in the open, but it can be adjusted with a screwdriver (which i should probably do on my one at home, it's a little stiff).

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

when i was in school i wanted to be a chair designer, but alas, i am actually bad at designing chairs n furniture. the saddest fate

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Gnossiennes posted:

looks rad; you might like the mirra & mirra 2 then, since they're the same designers.

and ye, the only adjustment that should happen regularly on a task chair is the armrests imo. anything beyond the armrests & height won't be adjusted by most people anyhow. i do like when task chairs have a recline tension adjustment tho. my humanscale freedom chairs don't have the tension adjustment out in the open, but it can be adjusted with a screwdriver (which i should probably do on my one at home, it's a little stiff).

Tried a Mirra in the showroom, preferred the Cosm because it supports the upper shoulder better (I have the high back).

The Cosm is weird, it adjusts the recline tension based on your size/weight, which I think it works out by how heavy the person compresses the hydraulics + how high you have it adjusted. The higher you are, the harder it is to lean basically. It works *OK*

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
i have a $35 steelcase think, and like it well enough. other than pushing the arms out of the way or pulling them back in, yeah i do fiddle with the recline tension/stop fairly regularly. i like being able to go to slouch mode, or "enforce actual upright sitting" mode.

had a humanscale freedom at oldjob, and really didn't like it. the bottom cushion is like a mile wide, so the armrests are way too far away, and stick out too far. i just put them down so i could actually scoot up to my desk. plus it felt like sitting on a wide flat dish. the proportions are just all jacked up. it also doesnt have a recline stop, so if you want actual back support it just reclines more. not great. maybe it could be improved by adjusting that tension, but i didnt know how to do that

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Raluek posted:

the bottom cushion is like a mile wide, so the armrests are way too far away, and stick out too far. i just put them down so i could actually scoot up to my desk. plus it felt like sitting on a wide flat dish.

i have a wide, ahem, base (a fat rear end), and I sit crosslegged a lot, so the wideness of it is kinda perfect for me.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I have a mirra triflex and it's fantastic. Had it for idk 6 years and it's in great shape. Top tip: when I got it if you chose the customise type you could remove stuff and save a load of money

also the seat is a plastic mesh so it lets the farts out

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Gonna buy 2 used steelcase leaps from craigslist hopefully this afternoon. (current going rate for leap v2s on craigslist is like $300 in my area, so I figured it was worth the investment)

:pray: Hopin' this person's not a serial killer and/or a scammer. :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
murdered trying to buy a nice desk chair, the most yospos way to die?