Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

if you don’t buy a used chair from an office liquidator that professionally cleans the fabric before reselling it you’re buying the previous owners impregnated farts, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
thats why used aerons are better, the toots just go right through and vent to the atmosphere

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

if you don’t buy a used chair from an office liquidator that professionally cleans the fabric before reselling it you’re buying the previous owners impregnated farts, op

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

worth it

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
trip report: I’m now the proud of two leap v2s, and I was not murdered.

the chairs were definitely farted in many times though, but always in a sexual fashion so therefore it’s ok

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

congrats on your bedbugs/spider eggs

jk hope it works out

sorta not jk tho

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Share Bear posted:

jk hope it works out

sorta not jk tho

someone's a little jealous about the new chairs i think

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Share Bear posted:

jk hope it works out

sorta not jk tho

spiders are cool and good

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Share Bear posted:

jk hope it works out

sorta not jk tho

Roosevelt posted:

someone's a little jealous about the new chairs i think

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

spiders are cool and good

Guys, I may not be able to stop itching from all the bedbugs, but at least I'm covered in spiders and my back feels better than it has in a while.

(Seriously, though... I'm happy with my penny pinching, and I do not foresee any regrets other than the arm tops that I forgot can slide INWARD but cant be locked. I do recommend buying a LeapV2)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

that’s a thicc chair :heysexy:

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

tag yrself im the chronic back pain

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
I'm the inexplicable "Chair Jowls"

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i've been pondering trying to put an office chair base on an ikea armchair. upside is that they're nice and comfy, downside is that i'll presumably eventually crack open my head combining my own and ikea craftmanship in that way.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

can I get a toilet in this style?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

True Men Have Class, Not Swag

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

that chair makes me want to smoke cigars and fire people after my six martini lunch

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

rotor posted:

thats why used aerons are better, the toots just go right through and vent to the atmosphere

I'm on day 2 of having my new aeron in my home office. By far the most surprising thing is the lack of any fart-muffling. Since I'm work-from-home, I'm wearing shorts all day. When I eventually had to let one go, the sound was so loud I was shocked. I'm lucky that I was muted on zoom because it's almost certain my microphone would have picked it up.

So yeah, the chair is amazing in every other regard. But I might need to start wearing jeans while I'm working.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

LanceHunter posted:

I'm on day 2 of having my new aeron in my home office. By far the most surprising thing is the lack of any fart-muffling. Since I'm work-from-home, I'm wearing shorts all day. When I eventually had to let one go, the sound was so loud I was shocked. I'm lucky that I was muted on zoom because it's almost certain my microphone would have picked it up.

So yeah, the chair is amazing in every other regard. But I might need to start wearing jeans while I'm working.

what kind of magical chairs and/or lovely rear end mics have you been using that would allow you rip one unmuted on a call without anyone noticing?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

what kind of magical chairs and/or lovely rear end mics have you been using that would allow you rip one unmuted on a call without anyone noticing?

Pretty much any padded office chair I've had previous has been enough to muffle whatever sounds are happening down there.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

you need some sorta decent directional mic, a mic that is picking up ambient sound on the room is gonna be a horrorshow with a goon rear end involved

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

I have done consulting work for (and at times have been directly employed by) the 3 largest contract furniture manufacturers in the US (Steelcase, Herman Miller, and Haworth) and thus have parked my delightful buttocks in all of their stuff.

Herman Miller Embody wins by a country mile so I bought one for home and it's the best. Everything else is scrub tier so please feel free to exit this thread if you aren't currently sitting in a Herman Miller Embody.

Also Haworth sucks. The company, the furniture, everything.

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

also if you buy furniture from the major contract furniture outfits, all of them can be recovered so if you hate the color or the fabric is full of nerd farts, talk to your local dealer service center and they can get you sorted out.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Visual GNUdio posted:

I have done consulting work for (and at times have been directly employed by) the 3 largest contract furniture manufacturers in the US (Steelcase, Herman Miller, and Haworth) and thus have parked my delightful buttocks in all of their stuff.

Herman Miller Embody wins by a country mile so I bought one for home and it's the best. Everything else is scrub tier so please feel free to exit this thread if you aren't currently sitting in a Herman Miller Embody.

bro the chairs are like $80000000

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

they make a version with a Logitech logo so they can call it a “gaming chair”

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
we have embodys at work but the market is flush with used aerons so thats what I got at home. $400 for a used aeron vs twice that for an embody isnt worth it eye em oh

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5AvqAbKrvs

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i paid 1215CAD which is like 900 USD now

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

those kinds of chairs always weird me out with how incredibly big they are on top and sometimes with big feet on the bottom but there's just this tiny little cylinder holding the drat thing up

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Visual GNUdio posted:

what about steelcase leap, chair knower

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

armchair armchair experts itt

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

the embody looks like poo poo though.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The gesture is better than the leap. The gesture is a chair you just kinda slump into and sit weird, legs up, slouching, sitting sideways, whatever. It just moves around and keeps you from destroying yourself while you do it. The leap I actually have to sit in like a normal chair.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i am addicted to buying chairs used. last week I bought a herman miller aluminum group lounge for $240. last month I got a cassina corbusier lc3 petit modele for $280.

facebook and craigslist can be veeeery addictive once you realize that if you're on it 24/7 you can score some amazing poo poo

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

ok some local company called formway designed some chair called the formway life which was manufactured and sold in the us by knoll

because it’s a local company (10 minutes drive from my house) there a lot of secondhand ones around, whereas herman miller and steelcase stuff is rare.

are those chairs dogshit? i have a mirra but kinda want a second chair and can get a formway life for like 300 localbux

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

two chairs?? :eyepop:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I have a ratty old steelcase late-80's/early-90's task chair that's super heavy that I should really get reupholstered. It's built solid.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

i am addicted to buying chairs used. last week I bought a herman miller aluminum group lounge for $240. last month I got a cassina corbusier lc3 petit modele for $280.

facebook and craigslist can be veeeery addictive once you realize that if you're on it 24/7 you can score some amazing poo poo

:eyepop: ngl, filled with jealousy on both of those

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

1 for each cheek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I want an eames aluminum lounge, I should set up some alerts. it's time to graduate from the pöang