Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice
Will cum shrooms suffice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smee
Sep 24, 2004

Knot My President! posted:

It was my friend’s meme bag grow for some bacterially contaminated spawn, usually people harvest before the veil tears— though when you produce shitloads of cubes, people like to see the caps open for aesthetic haha

And then sometimes you'll grow a batch and think it's ruined cause it looks like carpet and then you decide to harvest and try them out anyway and then W E L P :drugnerd:

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..

Bula Vinaka posted:

I read that a lot of first time users don't remember the experience they have with either psilocybin (dried psychoactive mushrooms, eaten), or 5-MeO-DMT (dried psychoactive toad venom, smoked). That puts me off... what's the point then?

Would reducing the dosage help with this?

I've never heard that and it certainly hasn't been my experience. You can absolutely start at a low dose and still get effects and you'll remember it just as clearly as if you'd been mildly drunk/high. Even higher doses have been completely memorable for me, although at a certain point your thinking can start working in ways that don't really correlate to your normal way of functioning and so those parts can be hard to recall because the context/frame of reference doesn't make sense any more.

I've also found they do wonders for my mental health, and it seems like each time I trip I gain something new that builds on stuff I made sense of or understood during the previous trip. I think it probably helps that I have decent amounts of time between trips to integrate what I experienced into my regular life. Like some others have said, it's the benefits after the trip that I seek as much as the trip itself.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Smee posted:

And then sometimes you'll grow a batch and think it's ruined cause it looks like carpet and then you decide to harvest and try them out anyway and then W E L P :drugnerd:

Dude they’re so loving strong lmao it kind of proves the rumor

Basically fwiw if a mushroom “aborts” people suspect they’re stronger but nobody ever has enough of them to really confirm. Usually you get aborts with the rest of a grow, which you harvest in like 36 hours of pins. They’re just regular mushrooms that stall and die off early for whatever reason

My theory is that a mushroom continues to produce psilocybin regardless of how much it physically grows until the caps expand. I had a few tubs that had insane pinsets and didn’t get taller than an inch max. The caps didn’t expand, however they didn’t abort though. I harvested after seven or eight days of waiting for them to do something, a huge pain in the rear end since there were hundreds if not thousands of them.

But they were worth it. So worth it. They absolutely gently caress. Like 0.8g of a regular cube is close to 2.3-2.4 with these fuckers. I grind and gel cap them with like 0.4g each, take two, and just completely go to the moon :madmax:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

kntfkr posted:

i gotta be outside on mushrooms - if i'm looking at a screen or something, i start thinking about how much i stare at screens and then i get in my head and depressed

also, one thing i don't like about mushrooms is how hyper aware i get of having a body and how gross it is. ie, ear wax, mucus, dead skin, sweat, cuticles, my nuts - just wanna jump out out of my skin sometimes

Have you tried washing your nuts?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They always make me feel like my penis is like 40% of my body, and I always feel like I can smell women farting when they talk and i kind of just tune them out and breath deeply to understand them. Also I always feel like my skin is secreting an extra thick primal sweat, lightly greasy, like i might slip through the soft foliage by the river, and bring up the dawn by will alone. :lsd:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I don't have a penis, but if I felt like that upon doing shrooms, I can't imagine ever doing them again. :catstare:

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

A LOVELY LAD posted:

Will cum shrooms suffice?

I don't like to do this, but I am sending you bad vibes for making me remember the cum shrooms.

I had successfully purged it from my brain. It's bad to force that knowledge back on people. Now it's going to be stuck there and come up in my fever dreams again. Rude.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

They always make me feel like my penis is like 40% of my body, and I always feel like I can smell women farting when they talk and i kind of just tune them out and breath deeply to understand them. Also I always feel like my skin is secreting an extra thick primal sweat, lightly greasy, like i might slip through the soft foliage by the river, and bring up the dawn by will alone. :lsd:

You are an extremely weird person. Or at least your posting persona.

I like it.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

YeahTubaMike posted:

I don't have a penis, but if I felt like that upon doing shrooms, I can't imagine ever doing them again. :catstare:

drat what happened to your penis? :thunk:

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I have not shroomed in quite ahwhile but reporting that I got super stoned yesterday

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
What if your body is already 40% penis?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

I don't know :cry:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

What if your body is already 40% penis?

It’s like realistically 15%. :shrug:

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'll have you know I'm 20" tall

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

The Butcher posted:

I don't like to do this, but I am sending you bad vibes for making me remember the cum shrooms.

I had successfully purged it from my brain. It's bad to force that knowledge back on people. Now it's going to be stuck there and come up in my fever dreams again. Rude.

Nooo i didn't realize what he was talking about till you said something and now i remember. Curse you!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Have you tried washing your nuts?

no, what's that

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

I once had a penis
but now it is no more
what i thought was H20
was H2S04

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
Grew B+ earlier this year and have the grain spawn for some GoldenTeachers ready go to add to substrate. Growing is not that hard to do

If you want a stronger trip soak in lemon juice for 15 minutes. Grind or break up in small pieces.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Acidity helps pull psilo from the chitin so it hits you faster and more efficiently, also helps when making tea too :)

My main clone is b+ and it’s great. My friend is sending me some rusty white spores to try and p stoked about that

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

kntfkr posted:

i gotta be outside on mushrooms - if i'm looking at a screen or something, i start thinking about how much i stare at screens and then i get in my head and depressed

I like to switch between outside and inside. The harder I trip the worse screens are.

The hardest I ever tripped was on acid and looking at a screen was impossible while I was peaking. It was just confusing and very disorientating. I remember my friend put on Star Trek TNG and I just remember everything on-screen just being flat and having no depth. It was all one thing. Like Data was standing in front of some computer panels, but to me he was standing there with the computer panels growing out if his head and arms and becoming part of the ship. I told my friend to shut it off :lol:

On my last shroom trip a few years ago, me and my buddy were fascinated by these things we found at our Airbnb so we tried to use a tablet and order them online for ourselves. Trying to read the tags on the things was impossible because it was in Swedish and then when we finally got to the website, it was in Swedish too. Also it had very coarse, upsetting backgrounds that started freaking us out.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
I am no experienced astral traveler like some of the people in this thread. but I know enough to know they're cool, they're good and they absolutely saved my life. I'd like to tell you how.

when I was 21 I decided to end my life. I was in a bad place mentally. all of the meaningful relationships in my life seemed so... meaningless. I did the cliche thing, wrote a note, had it all planned out, had the place, time and means ready. the night before I was going to go through with it one of my roommates got a hold of some mushrooms. I had heard they could help with depression and I figured I had absolutely nothing to lose by trying. I'm not experienced but my sitter who nibbled a cap to "ride the vibe" with us said he'd never been so hosed up on so little so I took that to mean they were good.

I covered two large slices of pizza in the psychic fungus and went to town eating it. it was a really fun trip. I saw dragons flying over the city, snakes made of fire dancing in the forest, at one point our hallway became somewhere wild, wonderful and terrifying all at once. it may have been good fun but I was still very depressed and very much still wanted nothing more than to just not deal with anything anymore. as the hallucinations started to fade and my anxiety, fear and anger came back. I knew what I was going to do the next day so I decided I'd go to bed for the night.

I turned off the bedroom light and walked to my bed. I laid down on top of my covers and set a bullet on the nightstand next to me (I'm certain I wrote something emo on it, but I don't care to remember what). I tried to calm my mind and just go to sleep. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. no good, I wasn't tired. just as quickly as I closed my eyes I opened them again and had to throw my arm up over my brow to block the blinding white light that was preventing me from focusing on anything.

seconds passed and my eyes adjusted to the light. I knew now that it wasn't one of my roommates messing with me by turning a light on. I wasn't even in my old room anymore. I found myself standing in front of a kitchen sink with a dish towel draped over my right shoulder. I noticed an amazing backyard with a fallen over climbing tree. I could see a sky that was so intensely light blue that it made me feel like a small child. but most important of all I could feel love and joy in this house. it was warm and inviting and so different than anything I was experiencing in my life at the moment.

I was desperately trying to understand what I was seeing. I felt a tug at my pants. I turned around not sure what to expect. it was a little boy, no more than 4 wearing some adorable overalls. his lip was shaking uncontrollably and he looked like he wanted to cry but was too terrified to make anything happen in that regard. I placed the dish towel on the counter and picked the boy up. as I did his eyes opened the floodgates and he started bawling. I picked up the child, put his forehead to mine and asked "what's wrong?" through raspy quick inhales the boy said to me "I was so afraid you weren't here anymore." I hugged the child and told him "of course silly, where would I go?" given the circumstances I have no idea why I said that. the boy laid his head on my shoulder and whispered back "I'm happy you're still here." then, as we stood in the kitchen embracing, I closed my eyes. as soon as they were closed I couldn't feel the child anymore. I opened my eyes and found myself back in my lonely depressing bedroom. I got up and told my roommates that I think I just talked to my son. in case it's not obvious, I had no children.

nearly 20 years have passed since I planned to end my life. I've never wanted or tried to since then. I've been far too scared to ever take mushrooms again as well.

I'm not particularly religious or spiritual, I don't try to explain what happened other than to say I was very depressed and saw what I needed to see. the fallen tree in my backyard now looks remarkably similar to what I remember. my one and a half year old son is starting to look remarkably like the child I saw when I was someone else who might as well have been living another life. the only thing I know for sure about the experience is magic mushrooms saved my life, and in the end that's all I need to understand. thanks for reading if you put yourself through all those words!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Winkle-Daddy posted:

I am no experienced astral traveler like some of the people in this thread. but I know enough to know they're cool, they're good and they absolutely saved my life. I'd like to tell you how.

when I was 21 I decided to end my life. I was in a bad place mentally. all of the meaningful relationships in my life seemed so... meaningless. I did the cliche thing, wrote a note, had it all planned out, had the place, time and means ready. the night before I was going to go through with it one of my roommates got a hold of some mushrooms. I had heard they could help with depression and I figured I had absolutely nothing to lose by trying. I'm not experienced but my sitter who nibbled a cap to "ride the vibe" with us said he'd never been so hosed up on so little so I took that to mean they were good.

I covered two large slices of pizza in the psychic fungus and went to town eating it. it was a really fun trip. I saw dragons flying over the city, snakes made of fire dancing in the forest, at one point our hallway became somewhere wild, wonderful and terrifying all at once. it may have been good fun but I was still very depressed and very much still wanted nothing more than to just not deal with anything anymore. as the hallucinations started to fade and my anxiety, fear and anger came back. I knew what I was going to do the next day so I decided I'd go to bed for the night.

I turned off the bedroom light and walked to my bed. I laid down on top of my covers and set a bullet on the nightstand next to me (I'm certain I wrote something emo on it, but I don't care to remember what). I tried to calm my mind and just go to sleep. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. no good, I wasn't tired. just as quickly as I closed my eyes I opened them again and had to throw my arm up over my brow to block the blinding white light that was preventing me from focusing on anything.

seconds passed and my eyes adjusted to the light. I knew now that it wasn't one of my roommates messing with me by turning a light on. I wasn't even in my old room anymore. I found myself standing in front of a kitchen sink with a dish towel draped over my right shoulder. I noticed an amazing backyard with a fallen over climbing tree. I could see a sky that was so intensely light blue that it made me feel like a small child. but most important of all I could feel love and joy in this house. it was warm and inviting and so different than anything I was experiencing in my life at the moment.

I was desperately trying to understand what I was seeing. I felt a tug at my pants. I turned around not sure what to expect. it was a little boy, no more than 4 wearing some adorable overalls. his lip was shaking uncontrollably and he looked like he wanted to cry but was too terrified to make anything happen in that regard. I placed the dish towel on the counter and picked the boy up. as I did his eyes opened the floodgates and he started bawling. I picked up the child, put his forehead to mine and asked "what's wrong?" through raspy quick inhales the boy said to me "I was so afraid you weren't here anymore." I hugged the child and told him "of course silly, where would I go?" given the circumstances I have no idea why I said that. the boy laid his head on my shoulder and whispered back "I'm happy you're still here." then, as we stood in the kitchen embracing, I closed my eyes. as soon as they were closed I couldn't feel the child anymore. I opened my eyes and found myself back in my lonely depressing bedroom. I got up and told my roommates that I think I just talked to my son. in case it's not obvious, I had no children.

nearly 20 years have passed since I planned to end my life. I've never wanted or tried to since then. I've been far too scared to ever take mushrooms again as well.

I'm not particularly religious or spiritual, I don't try to explain what happened other than to say I was very depressed and saw what I needed to see. the fallen tree in my backyard now looks remarkably similar to what I remember. my one and a half year old son is starting to look remarkably like the child I saw when I was someone else who might as well have been living another life. the only thing I know for sure about the experience is magic mushrooms saved my life, and in the end that's all I need to understand. thanks for reading if you put yourself through all those words!

That's actually a really cool story, thanks for sharing. I'm kind of interested in trying mushrooms partly cause of my ptsd and stuff, I'm not going in expecting something as awesome as what you saw but maybe it would jostle me out of my funk. I tend to get paranoid though so I'd have to probably do it with someone I trust.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Imagine a hilariously absurd scenario where I don't understand how to buy and ship mushrooms online directly to my house without going to jail, because I'm a dork, but that I also love drugs and have never gotten over the high of my cool friend giving me some shrooms years ago. In this comedy sketch, how would the dork buy these immediately?

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Analytic Engine posted:

Imagine a hilariously absurd scenario where I don't understand how to buy and ship mushrooms online directly to my house without going to jail, because I'm a dork, but that I also love drugs and have never gotten over the high of my cool friend giving me some shrooms years ago. In this comedy sketch, how would the dork buy these immediately?

Its legal to buy the spores and grow kits

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Count me in the "mushrooms absolutely saved my life" camp, though it was not so immediate. But I spent probably my entire life from 15-25 in a severe depression where suicidal ideation was never far from my mind. There's no question to me that if I never got help I wouldn't have made it, and I don't know that I'd have gotten the help if not for a night where I said "hey maybe I'll try these mushrooms instead of weed and see what happens".

The trip itself was all the usual things, weird and interesting, but it was the glow that came with the following week that really felt like it changed me. It was the first time I'd truly felt like a human being since I was a child. I'd gotten so used to feeling nothing - to aimlessly floating around mirroring what other people were doing and being incapable of expressing myself, or even knowing if there was anything underneath to actually express - that I didn't even realize that it was possible to not feel that way. I immediately called therapists and stopped resisting treatment

I remember driving and listening to music (Joanna Newsom) and suddenly being overwhelmed with emotion to where I had to pull over and just start weeping. I had not cried since I was a little kid. But something just hit me, that I'd listened to this same music so so many times before, but never on anything more than a sort of "intellectual" level. Where my emotion had gotten so buried that I wasn't capable of approaching music (or any other kind of art) beyond just dissection and analysis. "Liking" a thing just meant I thought it sounded unique or like something I hadn't heard before. But to actually have the experience of just hearing some music, and it making me feel something, it felt totally new and intense. It was wild

and lol I didn't mean to write any of that before I saw Winkle-Daddy's post. I actually just came here to say I finally tried shroom tea and it did make the come-up better but I had to piss the whole time so it kind of ruined it

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Shrooms are the best drug hands down.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i ate a chocolate square this morning. i think it's 0.25 g per square, so it's pretty mellow.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Saalkin posted:

Shrooms are the best drug hands down.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

X JAKK posted:

Its legal to buy the spores and grow kits

unless you're in a regressive state like idaho or california

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

shrooms rock

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

The Voice of Labor posted:

unless you're in a regressive state like idaho or california

what's this about :ca:?

guess I should just find an oldschool headshop and ask them about seeds directly

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Analytic Engine posted:

what's this about :ca:?

guess I should just find an oldschool headshop and ask them about seeds directly

:ca:, in its infinite wisdom, banned ordering mushroom seeds AFAIK... although parts of California (Oakland specifically, maybe others?) have effectively decriminalized 'shrooms.

You'll have to drive to a freedom state like Arizona or Utah to get the seeds from a head shop I believe

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Vampire Panties posted:

:ca:, in its infinite wisdom, banned ordering mushroom seeds AFAIK... although parts of California (Oakland specifically, maybe others?) have effectively decriminalized 'shrooms.

You'll have to drive to a freedom state like Arizona or Utah to get the seeds from a head shop I believe

you're undoubtedly correct, but that's motivation to check the dirtbaggiest shops in Humboldt County first

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Vampire Panties posted:

SF fully decriminalized last week :buddy:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
My friend just happened to mention his friend may be getting him mushrooms soon so i might be able to try them. I'll probably trip report to this thread if I do. Not during but after.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
When is international psychedelic cactus day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I too, like drugs. I haven't tripped in a little over a year but one of my roommates is moving out soon so when that is done I think it will be time to reset.

also lol at folks who can't trip alone, some of my best trips have been by myself. the first time I took mushrooms I still lived with my folks, who conveniently lived adjacent to a few acres of woods and I went for a walk and had a blast. I found a backpack hanging off a tree and thought it was a message of some kind until I figured out that the seam between the zipper and bag had failed, and the former owner took their things and left it in the woods to rot.