Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 9 days!)

trying to tell me bart simpson is still years old yeah right...every episode is a reboot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

The Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson, it really wouldn’t be the same without johnny

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

the torah

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Hasturtium posted:

Other than that there have been announcements of Starman(?), Big Trouble in Little China, They Live, and Escape from New York remakes. Whatever kicks a little money to Carpenter while he tokes up, plays video games, and watches basketball, I guess.

See, these were the films I was talking about. I know they did Precinct 13, The Thing, and Halloween, but I forgot about The Fog which sucked butt poo poo lol. Precinct 13 was okay, saw the ‘11 Thing once and barely remember doing so, and never cared for the Halloween franchise enough to bother with Rob Zombie’s films.

Welp, that probably means Prince of Darkness and In the Mouth of Madness are looming on the horizon :sigh:

If Christine were remade today, it’d be a boring ‘90s car like a Chevy Cavalier or Ford Taurus. Did Christine wrong? Don’t go walking alone at night because you might just hear Ace of Base or Hootie & the Blowfish from a distant car radio before losing your life.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Christine but as a Tesla and instead of getting cool the guy who owns it just turns into a bigger dork lol

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Colonel Cancer posted:

Christine but as a Tesla and instead of getting cool the guy who owns it just turns into a bigger dork lol

:lmao: this is perfect. Christine wouldn’t even need to blow up a gas station to catch on fire lol

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

It's real.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

You Are A Elf posted:

:hmmyes:

Amadeus. F. Murray Abraham is the one and only Salieri, and Tom Hulce is the one and only Mozart.

Highly unexpected post but totally true.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

You Are A Elf posted:

See, these were the films I was talking about. I know they did Precinct 13, The Thing, and Halloween, but I forgot about The Fog which sucked butt poo poo lol. Precinct 13 was okay, saw the ‘11 Thing once and barely remember doing so, and never cared for the Halloween franchise enough to bother with Rob Zombie’s films.

Welp, that probably means Prince of Darkness and In the Mouth of Madness are looming on the horizon :sigh:

If Christine were remade today, it’d be a boring ‘90s car like a Chevy Cavalier or Ford Taurus. Did Christine wrong? Don’t go walking alone at night because you might just hear Ace of Base or Hootie & the Blowfish from a distant car radio before losing your life.

Don’t you dare put a remake of PRINCE OF DARKNESS into the universe. They’d make it huge and epic and gently caress up the entire “claustrophobic, tiny battle with endless stakes” nightmare atmosphere that made it so effective. I suspect IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS might make it through the Hollywood machine more intact, but I still don’t want to take that chance.

LOL at Tesla-Christine turning a quiet, introspective bullied kid into a brash techbro idiot

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Tesla cars already kill people on their own, though

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Smokey and the Bandit.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

teen witch posted:

not advocating doing so, nor will I be holding you to doing so

But reboots are all the rage!!!!!!!!!!!! Prequels! Sequels! Remakes! Why? We killed Mother Earth and are but maggots on her rotting flesh!!

which beloved work of something or other would push you to finally detach yourself from reality? What is your most precious IP?

I’d say the Simpsons but that’s like, a league of its own.

So Pete and Pete?

hey smilin' strange :)

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

big bang theory

dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Well that's not so bad. At least they'll be giving some new little person actors besides Warwick Davis at chance at stardom.

It actually is Warwick Davis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9p_TO-X5Tw

Doesn't look all that bad, but gently caress if I'm signing up for Disney+

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

The Running Man. I think in todays day and age it would be more of a Black Mirror episode.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I will lose my poo poo if they reboot the avengers uniform war

itry
Aug 23, 2019

We probably could use another Spiderman reboot. It's been a minute.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Quantum Leap

Recently watched the Jimmy episode, of the mirror meme fame. Will the new show give us this quality of memeing, I wonder.

I can see people getting upset about this one.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Welcome Back Kotter

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Snowy posted:

Welcome Back Kotter

they will call it "welcome back, welcome back kotter"

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Foo Diddley posted:

they will call it "welcome back, welcome back kotter"

Then decades later another reboot is called Welcome Back Welcome Back Welcome Back

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Back to the future. Most of the jokes are about excessive smartphones & social media usage. There is an avocado joke where some grumpy 90s dad asks what that is. Someone complains about Marty's work ethics and him having tattoos. There will be huge a RL social media outrage about Doc Brown being played by a black actor. A nazi incel will do a mass shooting at the cinema premiere, 14 people dead, 8 wounded(3 of which in critical condition). Trump will post on alt-twitter about it

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
If they reboot Anachronox without Tom Hall or any of the original writers at the helm then I will be very sad.

It could actually benefit from a reboot since it was unfinished at launch, but if they pull a Prey and just put out some generic sub-Whedon sci-fi poo poo under the same name then so help me I will poo poo up every semi-related thread on this godforsaken site

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

You Are A Elf posted:

:hmmyes:

Amadeus. F. Murray Abraham is the one and only Salieri, and Tom Hulce is the one and only Mozart.

Gremlins and/or Gremlins 2: The New Batch. You know they’re gonna be boring CGI if that happens.

Clue: The Movie. You can’t improve on an already perfect ensemble cast. The humor and charm would be lost.

John Carpenter’s films. Just… no. Please leave those alone, Hollywood.

:five:

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Mooey Cow posted:

Any of various Clint Eastwood movies. They don't dare while the man is still alive.

Both Dollar movies could easily be redone. Good stories but a lot of the production values could easily be updated and Clint Eastwood is a garbage man so who gives a poo poo about his legacy.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Who Framed Rodger Rabbit

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Linux Pirate posted:

Who Framed Rodger Rabbit

go watch the new space jam

and gaze into that abyss

emptyspace
Oct 21, 2008
Groundhog Day, unless they make him wake up like 15 minutes later every day and it screws up his routine, and he never gets the girl.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

emptyspace posted:

Groundhog Day, unless they make him wake up like 15 minutes later every day and it screws up his routine, and he never gets the girl.

actually not a terrible idea

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Cousin Skeeter

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Lateralus

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

harry potter, only because it would keep that poo poo from fading into cultural obscurity where it belongs

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

there is no way harry potter doesn’t get a reboot in the next decade, i can’t think of a more lucrative thing to sell to late millennial/early genz parents and their kids.

what could even come close in cultural reach? spongebob? minecraft? pretty sure HP is gonna end up more valuable than star wars.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Buckaroo Banzai will be remade into a terrible Netflix miniseries in my time.

But there's an outside chance they'll make the "versus the world crime syndicate" sequel movie and it'll merely be forgettable, which, other than nothing at all, is the best we can hope for.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

doctorfrog posted:

Buckaroo Banzai will be remade into a terrible Netflix miniseries in my time.

But there's an outside chance they'll make the "versus the world crime syndicate" sequel movie and it'll merely be forgettable, which, other than nothing at all, is the best we can hope for.

gently caress you

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’m heated at even the concept.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

Bad Purchase posted:

there is no way harry potter doesn’t get a reboot in the next decade, i can’t think of a more lucrative thing to sell to late millennial/early genz parents and their kids.

what could even come close in cultural reach? spongebob? minecraft? pretty sure HP is gonna end up more valuable than star wars.

Will hermione be black as JK Rowling intended?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Outpost22 posted:

Will hermione be black as JK Rowling intended?

Yes*

*it’s blackface

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

teen witch posted:

I’m heated at even the concept.

Click bait articles will be made in response to the reboot complaining that, although its inclusivity is up to date, it is woefully behind the times in its uncritical portrayal of geopolitics and capitalism, and that Banzai himself is a self serving elitist with an outsized carob footprint.

E: that's right, a carob footprint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

emptyspace posted:

There is already a modern remake of Groundhog Day with Tom Cruise. It had power armor and aliens in it IIRC. Can't recall the name