Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Sindai posted:

When an ultimate attack hides the target in a giant cloud of dust and onlookers say "nobody could have survived that!" and then as the dust clears it turns out...they did.

this but whenthe dust settles and they're clearly ragged and busted from from blocking the attack, but are still standing there and smirk and say "ha, that all you got?"

ninjewtsu fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
when two evenly matched master swordsmen are having a standoff waiting for an opening and a butterfly lands on one's sword hilt and that's when he dies

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The moment where something minor happens and it cuts to the protagonists nerd friend on the sidelines who says something like 'incredible...hes doing that technique' and the protagonists meathead friend says 'huh?? I didn't see anything' and we get 10 minutes explaining why what happened was cool or notable

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

when a head explodes and its animated in graphic detail

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Any time things have model and serial numbers.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Western music needledrops

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
"But this guy...makes me wanna go all out!"

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Friendship, effort, and victory.

Absolutely impossible Miyazaki protagonist acrobatics.

The masking effect.

1980s sci-fi anime aesthetics.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

when the mech pulls out the big sword and does some sick poo poo

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fusion.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

When they make the quality worse intentionally, for artistic effect.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Kishoutenketsu.

The sheer "Why the heck not?"-ery of it all.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
When the super cool calm and collected frowny-faced character gets praised by the person they like, and turns away to hide their blushing face. "Betsuni . . ."

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
When a big tiddy lady in glasses says "Ara ara..."

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Princesses with actual fleshed out capabilities and a fearsome reputation.

I'm not talking about princesses with nothing but limitless potential and a bucket list of what to do to save the world. I'm talking about princesses that already have kicked rear end and taken names, or have crushing responsibilities that would have already driven mere mortals to drink or despair. Usually both.

Examples include

• Ahiru, in her Princess Tutu form
  • Emeraude
  • Amelia and her sister, Naga
  • Nausicaa
  • San, the titular Princess Mononoke

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

That sparkly effect in the original Sailor Moon show, where they used some reflective foil or something

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
When the middle/high school protagonist (typically loner) is in the midst of having a breakdown over where they belong in this world and then someone's there to pick them back up

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The hero telling the villain to brace themselves because they don't know if they can control their new attack or power yet, or when they say they were hoping their friends wouldn't have to see it.

Edit: Oh I already said this. Still owns, though.

A character powers up by either finally drawing their sword or throwing away their sword.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Aug 1, 2023

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

characters playing superpowered sports who are allegedly in high school but look like they're 30

Mendoza
Jul 31, 2006
Him
Giant explosions that somehow make a giant cross shape in the sky.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Whenever All Might shows up to punch the bad guys in increasingly American ways

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Character getting beat thr hell up by the villain and when theyre bloody they start laughing that even if they could be beaten, theyll never beat MC

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

The parts where a protagonist is getting his rear end beat like a salvation army drum by the Big Bad before the inner demon inside tags in at the eleventh hour to say 'wow you really suck at this, let me show you how it's done loser' to flat blow the unstoppable villain out the water like it ain't no thang, with just enough hints of foreshadowing weaved in beforehand so it's not a wild asspull.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
When the zany action show or sci-fi violence fest slows down for a bit to focus on, like, a plane flying overhead (with trail) or location shots at sunset.

Slice-of-life or job animes taking a minute to teach you something about whatever profession is in that episode so you learn something new.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Two characters have been fighting heavily only to wind up face to face within arms reach of each other. Prime their next attacks, but the MC managed to outpace them landing the critical blow.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
When you have a pretty good idea of who's the outgoing one and who's the withdrawn one - and those expectations are reversed.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I like when a characters love for someone drives them for well beyond human limits because they're important to one another.

Especially when one of them makes a sacrifice for the other and the other person says "That's loving dumb I'm not going anywhere without you."

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

When some otherwise unassuming background character turns out to secretly be an unhinged psychopath.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 28 days!)

when a character 'dies'
they see themselves in a field or river, and see their dead friends, and their friends say its not time yet, and they wake back up alive, maybe with a new 'i want to live' power boost to top it off

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

When the ED music starts while the episode is still ongoing and then it cuts to the ED clip.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

kiminewt posted:

When the ED music starts while the episode is still ongoing and then it cuts to the ED clip.
I am suddenly back in high school watching Fushigi Yugi with my comic store anime club thanks to you.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
When a character, whose eyes are always closed, opens their eyes.

When the protagonist's brilliant plan is to not die after getting deliberately blasted by an attack in order to create an instant win opening.

When a famous voice actor cameos as some kind of small animal or appliance.

The protagonist deliberately does not clear up a misunderstanding so that they are endlessly pursued by another character until said character learns the truth when the real villain is about to defeat the protagonist and switches to being an ally.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

kiminewt posted:

Kyousougiga does this basically every episode and it rules.

For thread contribution: When there's a little vignette of rural or nature scenes with only BGM and atmospheric sounds, to set a soothing mood.

Mentat Radnor fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 12, 2023

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004
N......NANIIIII?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
When the protagonist turns the tables by being so loving crazy that the villain is like "th-thats not possible!! is he a monster?!!"

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
…. He’s fast!!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mentat Radnor posted:

Kyousougiga does this basically every episode and it rules.

For thread contribution: When there's a little vignette of rural or nature scenes with only BGM and atmospheric sounds, to set a soothing mood.

Cicadas and overexposed BG stills

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ManSedan posted:

…. He’s fast!!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 28 days!)

when a character gets embarrassed from drinking from the same soda can because its an indirect kiss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DNE
Nov 24, 2007

kiminewt posted:

I especially like when the ED music has a signature riff it starts off with that you come to emotionally associate with the style of cliffhanger the show tends to end with, like "Roundabout" in JoJos or "Mephisto" in Oshi no Ko.