Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

GateOfD posted:

when a character gets embarrassed from drinking from the same soda can because its an indirect kiss

When a character doesn't get embarrassed about an indirect kiss, slams back the same drink and embarrasses the other person with their power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Covering half of the face with one hand, barely-suppressed giggle turns gradually into mad cackle.
The cold unemotional girl that is actually a huge weirdo or makes sarcastic quips.
Osaka accents.
Enelface.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Characters who use magical barriers to fight.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 28 days!)

When magical barriers get broken

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Pick basically any PSO2 episode opening movie and you'll see half the stuff in this thread and it owns.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

GateOfD posted:

When magical barriers get broken

That choked throat sound that older male characters make when something doesn't go their way, such as a barrier getting broken. "KKKHUAAHGHHHKH??!" *eyes widen, pupils contract*

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

its cool when a person reveals their placement on the powerscaling tier list was radically underrated

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Stairmaster posted:

its cool when a person reveals their placement on the powerscaling tier list was radically underrated

When a power ranking has a secret special rank thats the Actual Strongest.
The S Rank
Rank #0

Same for secret organizations

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Anytime when someone says "Nandato?!" or "B-bakana!"

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

The "byoin~" noise that big breasts make when they jiggle.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The mushroom/caluiflower shaped sigh cloud

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

When the anime is from the 80s and the violence is over the top.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
The "taking a bite" sound.

Aaaah-OMF

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

The bweep-bweep noises when a mecha locks on a target and unleashes hell

The crackling and sparking on a mecha that has received a deathblow but still hasn't blown up

Mecha-judo

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

A character that looks stoic and reserved suddenly revealing a giant sicko grin

say some poo poo like Interesting/Incredible/You impress me

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

When a laser weapon is shown sucking in/absorbing energy particles as it charges up, and then every sound is muted for a split second before it fires. Bonus points if said laser weapon is attached to a satellite or spaceship.

When a character, usually a bad guy, stands on top of a utility pole.

When something surprising happens and then there's a closeup of a character as they tilt their head down and give a smug half-smirk.

"Masaka..."

When the insane, nihilistic bad guy laughs maniacally while pushing their palm against their forehead.

When high school students dress like ninjas or sorcerers or whatever and no one bats an eye.

Whenever there's a bilingual English/Japanese pun.

When a character that has their hands in their pockets leans forward and bends their knees slightly before rocketing 20 feet into the air.

When it's a sports anime and whatever field they're playing on is so long that it actually shows the curvature of the Earth.

Rider kicks.

EDIT: When two swordsmen start their duel by running to one side.

MachuPikacchu fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Oct 10, 2023

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

When characters lean on/interact with screen overlays and titles.
Relatedly, when cameras change position and the screen overlay is still positioned for the original cut.

Highly detailed mechanical startup sequences, flipping a bunch of toggle switches in a hurry.

Unintentionally terrible english VA in the JP voice track.

Round spiral nerd glasses.

Guest animators or drastically different art styles for segments.

When someone is discovered to be very good at something but doesn't like doing it (looking at you, Initial D S1).

Tomboys.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
When the person or people who have been hugely loving around, hugely find out.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
When someone is eating ramen very quickly and has a piece of narutomaki on their cheek and they dgaf.

They will likely say something and point with their chopsticks at the other person at the table.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Really good sword users being able to cut things like word bubbles, panels, or even the page itself when slicing and dicing their opponents

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Brought To You By posted:

Really good sword users being able to cut things like word bubbles, panels, or even the page itself when slicing and dicing their opponents

death from discworld an excellent example of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
When something small and silly happens and a delinquent gets mad at it and has a showdown with said thing

Like a claw machine not hanging on to the prize and they exclaim "THINK YOU CAN MESS WITH ME? YOU GOT SOME STONES!"