Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

Agile Vector posted:

yeah, jim may have licensed his characters for every product under the sun, but he hasn't (as far as i've seen) went on a rant genders, "superiority", nor publicly listed his incredibly long list of being scammed

jim davis has zero artistic integrity but seems to be a decent person. he sold his company and semi-retired a few years ago, but until then he was very focused on structuring business deals to ensure they brought money and jobs to his podunk small town that otherwise didn't have much going for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilberito

he wanted to make a burrito that was so digestible you never had to take a poo poo

what kind of sick freak doesn't like taking a poo poo

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

JawnV6 posted:

i read a bunch of his books when i was younger, he spent a chapter talking about this

i remember reading one (1) book that he wrote where he argued that ISDN was going to win over cable because the phone companies had better customer service experience or something

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Progressive JPEG posted:

lol me

I take loperamide so I don’t have to take a poo poo more than every 3-4 days, 5 if I am lucky

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

lol me

I take loperamide so I don’t have to take a poo poo more than every 3-4 days, 5 if I am lucky

this guy takes recreational immodium lol

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Plorkyeran posted:

he said he voted for hillary because otherwise she would murder him

what a coward

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

this guy takes recreational immodium lol

you don’t? lmao

nah but for real i’ve been trying to deal with ibs for a couple decades and finally kinda discovered that loperamide just fixes it. idk how, because if there are things going thru me that irritate me, how does slowing it down totally fix every symptom?

i’ve worked out the trick is to take two loperamides if you need to take a dump, and then you don’t need to poo poo for a couple days or more, the solution is that simple

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
some opioid desperate fiends do take 100mg or more of loperamide to get high tho

makes you think dunit

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

is that a lot? i drank 750,000 milligrams of coffee today

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

echinopsis posted:

some opioid desperate fiends do take 100mg or more of loperamide to get high tho

makes you think dunit

recall, if you will, your goon history. a goon died in a movie theater due to abuse of that class of drugs. luckily the movie had ended

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

thread turned to echi wtf quite fast

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

4lokos basilisk posted:

thread turned to echi wtf quite fast

it was really only a matter of time, though

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Echi? Nope, sis!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

echinopsis posted:

lol me

seems like itd be more fun to abuse opioids if constipation is your goal

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

lol what a funy guy!

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

some people really seem to give a poo poo about politics

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
wow if true

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

he wrote a weird philosophy book one of my friends in college was super impressed with and he gave it to me to read and it was the most facile dreck imaginable

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

aw frig aw dang it posted:

he wrote a weird philosophy book one of my friends in college was super impressed with and he gave it to me to read and it was the most facile dreck imaginable

iirc it was something like "the secret" mixed with whatever other nonsense he had cobbled together in 20 years of working in california

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

infernal machines posted:

iirc it was something like "the secret" mixed with whatever other nonsense he had cobbled together in 20 years of working in california

also came with a disclaimer that he, Scott Adams, didn't necessarily agree with any of the arguments that Scott Adams put forth. so just throwing some garbage out there

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Silver Alicorn posted:

I saw he got dropped from 77 newspapers yesterday and I was wondering why.

Scott is claiming he is canceled for his politics but in reality the papers are all owned by one company that is just saving money but eliminating comics.

owned

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Progressive JPEG posted:

didn't the soylent guy try to kill his gut flora so he'd stop making GBS threads

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Progressive JPEG posted:

i remember reading one (1) book that he wrote where he argued that ISDN was going to win over cable because the phone companies had better customer service experience or something

dilbert future. specifically he said that cable wouldn't be a major thing like, i think within a few months of it going live in a few major cities.

aw frig aw dang it posted:

again dilbert future. that's also where 'you can fake gravity by having everything constantly double in size' thing came from.

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

scott adams is basically just a colossal doucheweasel, and that's all there is to it

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

relative_q posted:

scott adams is basically just a colossal doucheweasel, and that's all there is to it

i've said a couple of times, but he was like, the guy who could install windows 95 without destroying anything and thinks that makes him a master computer man.

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

JawnV6 posted:

one of his books had the pro-tip that if you're the messier one in the relationship you can just: stop cleaning. your partner has only 2 options, either clean or let their standards relax, either way you don't have to do anything!!!! those are the only two options!!!

btw the woman he was married to when he wrote that divorced him? idk why tho

lmao

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Neito posted:

again dilbert future. that's also where 'you can fake gravity by having everything constantly double in size' thing came from.

:smuggo: can u prove that’s not happening

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

IIRC the chapter with the size-doubling pseudo-gravity also involved Adams asserting that evolution would be disproven in his lifetime, which is... a remarkable claim. I don't even think he had an argument for it besides "question everything, maaaaan!"

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

ngl, i'm questioning adams' life choices and professional decisions right now so he might be right!

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

IIRC the chapter with the size-doubling pseudo-gravity also involved Adams asserting that evolution would be disproven in his lifetime, which is... a remarkable claim. I don't even think he had an argument for it besides "question everything, maaaaan!"

that's one of my favorite examples because he said that the mechanism by which it may be disprove in because we might disprove linear time.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Kernel Sanders posted:

right up there with computoon

Yo don't compare my man Boyce with this POS.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Neito posted:

dilbert future. specifically he said that cable wouldn't be a major thing like, i think within a few months of it going live in a few major cities.

iirc he has been defended the "constantly doubling in size" nonsense somewhat recently. dude thinks he's the smartest man alive because he drew a tie weird

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

No one has ever called Dilbert a horse dogg maniac.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

the only dilbert hole strip you can post in yospos without getting banned lol

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
the best thing about dilbert is that it spawned dilbert 3

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

classic

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

didn't he have a stroke or some other kind of brain damage in the early 2000s?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

post hole digger posted:

the only dilbert hole strip you can post in yospos without getting banned lol

lol i bought that for someone's av and i can't remember who it was