Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Progressive JPEG posted:

what kind of sick freak doesn't like taking a poo poo

didn't the soylent guy try to kill his gut flora so he'd stop making GBS threads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Progressive JPEG posted:

i remember reading one (1) book that he wrote where he argued that ISDN was going to win over cable because the phone companies had better customer service experience or something

dilbert future. specifically he said that cable wouldn't be a major thing like, i think within a few months of it going live in a few major cities.

aw frig aw dang it posted:

he wrote a weird philosophy book one of my friends in college was super impressed with and he gave it to me to read and it was the most facile dreck imaginable

again dilbert future. that's also where 'you can fake gravity by having everything constantly double in size' thing came from.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

relative_q posted:

scott adams is basically just a colossal doucheweasel, and that's all there is to it

i've said a couple of times, but he was like, the guy who could install windows 95 without destroying anything and thinks that makes him a master computer man.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

IIRC the chapter with the size-doubling pseudo-gravity also involved Adams asserting that evolution would be disproven in his lifetime, which is... a remarkable claim. I don't even think he had an argument for it besides "question everything, maaaaan!"

that's one of my favorite examples because he said that the mechanism by which it may be disprove in because we might disprove linear time.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Tunicate posted:

didn't he have a stroke or some other kind of brain damage in the early 2000s?

He had some sort of sporatic or spontanious or something aphasia and I think like.... Some sort of motor issue that prevented him from drawing on paper, but he could draw on a cintiq?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Gentle Autist posted:

scott adams and esr should team up, it would be life will ferrell and john c reilly in step brothers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYq9g8aqRTM

esr's too busy not updating jargon.txt to handle acting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Sweevo posted:

what's to update? he already turned it into his political manifesto

Can always talk more about how cool guns are.