Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh

Albino Squirrel posted:

Did y'all really lose Teapot Rock?

Almost certainly. Although the biggest tragedy is that the only thing I had pre-downloaded to watch was the new LotR series.

Bad Purchase posted:

hope the weather is nice in canada where the power is out. that's always the worst part of the storm aftermath in the southeast US, no A/C while outdoor conditions are at peak humidity from all the rain.

Yeah it was beautiful today, about 18C and sunny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hope Julia makes landfall on a Tuesday.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
We got lucky here in Halifax. Sounds like Cape Breton and Newfoundland are in really desperate straights.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Checking in as Alive after Fiona hit

Holy poo poo that storm

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

New morning track has Ian shifting East a bit.

https://twitter.com/nhc_atlantic/status/1574328024950095872?s=46&t=NepC80H7SnbZDgSRa5v4qQ

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Yeah Im getting real worried right now. If it hits Tampa bay as a Cat 4 it will be an absolute disaster

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

not a good sign when the GOES imagery site is timing out.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

https://www.wfla.com/news/hillsborough-county/hillsborough-county-officials-discuss-hurricane-prep-evacuation-plans/

mandatory evac for Hillsborough zone a.

https://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/...map-english.pdf

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Not looking good at all for the Tampa area.

https://twitter.com/NHC_Atlantic/status/1574421435195473922?s=20&t=UCZNqtzRrE-_gWH9pBLNPw

Couple of takeaways from that video.

There is currently a moderate chance for flooding from rainfall (this doesn't include storm surge) in the areas indicated in red:

Which could combine with these levels of possible storm surge:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Looks like Dry Tortugas gonna need a name change

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Just once I want Tampa to get what it has coming to it for being a festering fetid backwash pit and have the whole area scoured clean after a hurricane hits a bullseye on the bay

If Tampa continues to elude justice, I will accept Destin and/or Pensacola as an acceptable substitute

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Ugh I swear every new model its looking more and more likely this hurricanes going to land directly on my house. Stop veering east damnit! :argh:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
My buddy in st pete just got a mandatory evac order

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

in 2013 we went to dry tortugas on a long boat ride and everyone on the way there threw up (of note was one chinese boy who threw up all exaggerated-like, ie everytime he hurled, he'd loudly exclaim HUUUUUUUUUUUUUWAAAAAAACCCK!!! even while dry heaving for like ninety minutes) and I was holding strong, not throwing up until my wifefriend threw up into her paper sick bag and handed it to me so i could hand it to the boat counsellors walking around and i felt the wet heft of the bag and then I opened the bag for some reason and i threw up a lot OP

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

footage from the boat leaked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S7kg1IhZ7M

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

a slow storm inching up the coast just offshore is gonna create a ton of coastal flooding. definitely evacuate if youre near the west FL coast at low elevation.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

kntfkr posted:

in 2013 we went to dry tortugas on a long boat ride and everyone on the way there threw up (of note was one chinese boy who threw up all exaggerated-like, ie everytime he hurled, he'd loudly exclaim HUUUUUUUUUUUUUWAAAAAAACCCK!!! even while dry heaving for like ninety minutes) and I was holding strong, not throwing up until my wifefriend threw up into her paper sick bag and handed it to me so i could hand it to the boat counsellors walking around and i felt the wet heft of the bag and then I opened the bag for some reason and i threw up a lot OP

Even the name kind of sounds like barfing Quick gimme that bag Im gonna TTTTTTOOOOOOORRRRRTTTUUUGGGGAAAAASSSSS!!!!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

It's called the Dry Tortugas because they don't allow alcohol there. :eng101:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Wipe it off the map.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

big

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Random Stranger posted:

It's called the Dry Tortugas because they don't allow alcohol there. :eng101:

it's just a prison island, it's pretty bleak

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Eh, I dunno. Is that notably big? Just looks hurricane big.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Locking in on Tampa

My parents lucked out by selling their vacation home on a barrier island in Sarasota a few months ago. Was there by myself for a trop storm in '09 and remembering being super nervous about the water rising above the sea wall. Came within an inch or so. Would not want to be there for a cat 3 or 4

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Got a friend and their family living in Gulfport. They've been told to evacuate, and I believe they will be doing so. Just want em to stay safe.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the storm should stop going east imo

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Bad Purchase posted:

the storm should stop going east imo

It didnt listen.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Cat 4 to the face lfg

So much sewage and mining waste is going to get thrown into the bay. Red tide going to be a year round thing, killing all sea life in the bay.

DeSantis will have to have his erections drained every 4hrs until he is elected president in 2024, on the campaign promise of ruining the planet as much as he is able and as many lives as possible.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

hoping this scares away some of the people who moved here because they wanted to live in desantis land.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I dont know anything about Florida geography but any chance its gonna hit wherever DeSantis lives? Yeah I know hes probably already private jetted out of harms way but a boy can dream.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I don’t know anything about Florida geography but any chance it’s gonna hit wherever DeSantis lives? Yeah I know he’s probably already private jetted out of harm’s way but a boy can dream.

Too far south, he's up in the armpit.

Or it's past him now cause he's probably in cancun like Cruz wanted to do

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tallahassee is where the governor's mansion is and that's on the panhandle so right now it looks like it will not get any of the worst of it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

8am updates.

Rain forecast:

Storm surge forecast:

Tampa still looking at the possibility of 5-10 feet of storm surge + 15-20" of rain :stonk:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Ehud posted:

Rain forecast:

Yikes. We've also had a ton of rain this year, ground's quite wet compared to normal and there's gonna be more trees down than usual between that and the storm slowing down so much and exposing a lot of places to multiple days of wind.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Who's the goon-in-hotel to report live from Tampa on this one

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

has jeff been activated?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

8am updates.

Rain forecast:

Storm surge forecast:

Tampa still looking at the possibility of 5-10 feet of storm surge + 15-20" of rain :stonk:

Is it really up to 10ft or is it marked as that because that's the highest the legend goes?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
storm surge usually shows the maximum possible forecasted, generally doesn't actually hit all those levels (knock on wood)

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

has jeff been activated?

Yup hes in Tampa

Stay safe goons

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Cacafuego posted:

Is it really up to 10ft or is it marked as that because that's the highest the legend goes?

If it comes up the mouth of it like that it will absolutely hit 10'. Maybe more depending on tide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
hope the state is ready to be split in half by floodwaters, that probably won't cause any issues