Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

ARR tribe stories are hit-or-miss (Ixal/Kobolds are cool, Sahagin/Sylphs are bleh) but with flight it's not too too painful. HW tribes and up are all pretty fun stories with mounts and emotes as additional rewards. The moogle dance is particularly powerful imo. StB and up can give you not bad xp and by EW the xp is legit good for like zero effort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

it's that backing up doesn't really do anything for you, and eventually they move far enough from their spot and reset. if you're backing up to avoid aoe telegraphs try moving to the side until it's done, then move back to where you were. choco set to healer is more useful than tank

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

DPS usually get my comm as healer, especially BLMs if they weren't being really stupid

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

Thank you everyone for the information! I will try to be quicker to give people the thumbs up.

Also, another random point, I've been getting /pet a lot as well. Not sure if that is because I am a sprout and did a good job or because I am the tiny people race :thunk:.

the price lalas pay for being cute is getting /pet

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Occasionally the Trust npcs eat mechanics and die, this includes the healer. Having levelled Trusts to 90 i can say it seems to happen with Alisae and Urianger the most

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

squadrons were the duty support/trust prototype and don't really do mechanics, but they don't get status effects, take reduced damage and once they're fully ranked up they're basically unkillable. Being the tank can be painful though because you aren't invincible and the healer ai is not great

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Bake yourself a cake to celebrate

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

that BLM will later complain about how people don't know mechanics and what are they teaching kids these days. but if they weren't together they probably comm'd each other, which is good and right since they tried their best. i give you a virtual comm for staying and helping

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

having a button turn into another button when certain criteria are met

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Since you can do all the jobs with one character just think of them as "skill-trees" for your base class of Generic Hero Person

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

if the fate is one where an npc/object is getting attacked, some fail when they die

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

for collect things fates it should only jump the time-to-completion to 1m when sufficient numbers have been turned in. if you just showed up and someone else turns in a bunch then you can miss out

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

The more side stuff you do the better the end of the EW msq will be anyway

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

I assure you if you die while I'm healing it wasn't because I was just dpsing while playing how low can it go. It was the tanks fault. Or a dps... somehow. Lag? "hitboxes"

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

It's not a real Qarn adventure until you get a tank that eats a Final Sting to the face

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Roach Warehouse posted:

Double post, but I keep finding cool katanas despite not leveling SAM yet, and drat it’s tempting me.

that's how they get you. "looks good, well it's only a few levels to wear it so. huh that looks p sweet too, maybe just a few more levels..."

you need a caster, healer, tank, ranged, and melee for the role quests anyway. and since you're already gearing for one... and then suddenly you have all 90's

GloomMouse fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Oct 10, 2022

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

I have completed 10 of the masked carnivale missions. Looking at list of other missions, they seem doable but goodness gracious these things can be a beating. Fingers crossed siegfried is easier than the blue mage man previous. He probably isn't.

When in doubt healer mimic + pomcure will see you through nearly anything that isn't a pure puzzle/spell check. #29 is kind of a doozy so please look forward to it

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

#29 is nothing you haven't seen before mechanically and it's very predictable, but if you botch the specific things you need to do during adds then rip you just die.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

yeah it's like the story bosses in that it's an actual fight with One Weird Thing

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

I see way fewer "You pull you tank" tanks once out of ARR dungeons. The ones that last are those that discovered the secret: equip a pet healer. Now they never have to grow up. Always worrisome to see a tank/healer pair with the same last name. The tank/dps or healer/dps pairs seem to be fine though

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

one of the ARR relic trials is handy for getting 2 blue mage spells unsynced as well

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Raenir Salazar posted:

Well that's annoying, I was queueing as DPS, which usually is like a 10 minute wait; I tabbed away for a bit and forgot I was queued, so when I tabbed back in, apparently the queue came up and was "cancelled", so it counts as getting the reward for today? That sucks.

if you didn't do the roulette then you didn't get the reward. most likely when you pulled up the duty finder window it showed the first roulette status in the window to the right, which if you've already done it would show in orange "reward received" or w/e

EDIT: iirc the only thing that happens with timing out is if you fail to click "proceed" three times you get a 30 minute penalty

GloomMouse fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Oct 15, 2022

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

What I mean is that when you reopen up the DF window it won't show you what you had selected before on the right, but rather the first roulette on the list, which may be why you saw the orange text

I have Levelling selected (which I haven't done), but it's showing Expert (which I have)

Nothing but completing the duty will give you the reward, and there's no way to lose it (except not doing the daily that day)

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Four Lords has great stuff with Tataru. Do the Four Lords

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

And the way they go about doing the dumb thing doesn't even make sense. It's just a mess

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Runa posted:

yoshi-p telling the writer hey kid you hosed up but we'll get you outta here in one piece

lmao i can see it

but seriously it's so far below the quality of like... everything else I wouldn't be surprised if there's a story behind it, But hey at least I remember it if only because it's baffling? I had to think for a bit to even remember what the HW WHM was since the taints all kinda blur together

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

DRK and WAR. Big jobs with big, hard weapons and the power of Love. PLD and GNB, tiny flaccid weapons and stories about ??? Get it together, GNB/PLD

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Yeah it's fine to have the WoL lose the occasional battle, but having the bad guy just be inexplicably stronger today is kinda bad. Using the normal mechanic markers and requiring you to 'resolve' them wrong. Introducing a new marker (which will be used that xpac) to illustrate a trick the WoL doesn't know. Have the bad guy do bad guy things.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Runa posted:

You can experience it yourself but it requires NG+ and a couple hours of free time to get there

yuck. but i guess i can do it since they put in the effort on msq

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

There are PFs up for synced ARR/HW EXs up regularly, and if you make one people will often join (often many of them will know the fight). Just make sure to actually type that you're doing the thing synced or MINE or w/e, if you leave it blank I'll/others will assume you're a sprout that doesn't know what the gently caress and doesn't know unsyncing is an option.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

does rclick -> show recipes show everything or just the stuff you personally can make? might not be useful if you don't have the crafters up

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

orcane posted:

So you can check what recipes use the thing, but you can't check how many things and what else is required

Ah that's what I was thinking of then. I knew there was something screwy with looking up crafts. Maybe they'll change that someday because I can't think of a reason it's helpful to anyone hide mat info

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

Signed: guy who is only missing 1 fish from his entire fishing log.

Ironically, it's Red Coral

EDIT: maybe they can put cool stuff in FSH desynth again. You know, combine both bad rng systems into one big bad thing

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

My WoL likes new adventures and putting everything not nailed down into her inventory. Job stones are different flavored adventures that can be put in your pocket.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Really all the penultimate and ultimate HW relics are great. At least you can skip the first step by throwing the ARR relic into an aetheric wood chipper

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

They should've just had it be Susano using his powers to go get your adventurer pals since he's cool and just wants a fun fight.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

new summoner is A++ on controllers, and you'll get sch in the bargain

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Squads got easier when I started using Disengage -> Engage to switch their targets rather than Engage and waiting for them to eventually get around to it.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

macro SMN Rekindle doesn't cause any trouble at least and you get to feel like you're helping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Dareon posted:

Still mad the game itself spoiled me with a random Triple Triad open tournament.

Hydaelyn, as a humanoid figure, with a Primal tag. literally three expansions later I hit Qitana Ravel and they finally actually tell me.

The spoiler itself doesn't bother me, just that I could hit it doing something so innocuous.

That spoiler tells you way less than you'd think from the perspective of post-EW at least. Also that's a pretty edge case in optional multiplayer content, and like seeing the gear/mounts people use, I feel there's only so much that can be done to insulate people in older content