Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
As a Sprout, I loved being blindsided by weird mechanics, and now that I'm 1.5 years in I love watching sprouts eat poo poo to unfamiliar mechanics. It's what they're for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Eureka is inspired by all of the old school MMO mechanics that only exist to make people suffer. It's full of unmarked quests, unexplained mechanics, and sleeping dragons that wake up and kill you if you move to quickly next to them. You lose exp if you die. Much of your time is spent waiting for bosses to spawn so you're killing trash mobs to trigger them while arguing with everyone else in Shout chat. If you're going alone it's a miserable slog, if you find a group of helpful, knowledgeable players it's a lot of fun (if you have the right brand of brainworms) and there's discords for doing Eureka poo poo and organizing Baldesian Arsenal raids. You have to do all of Eureka for a relic weapon.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I can thoroughly recommend ABBA, they basically give a guided tour of the Baldesian Arsenal and there are people in the discord whose sole purpose and joy in life is either explaining or doing BA runs.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Even if you can't "officially" book a second wedding I'll bet there's some players who think it would be hilarious and give you invites anyway

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I figure it's for the players who really really want the 16 million Gil minion, or the raider who *really* needs that pentamelded gear. Or players who don't play as often as everyone in the thread and is willing to play 30$ or w/e not to have to deal with selling poo poo on the MB.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
If you pay for the higher tiers of wedding you both also get a two-seater chocobo mount, everyone who attends the wedding gets two minions, and your wedding clothes are dyable. I've been considering it.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There's no cross-class skills for crafting anymore, and all crafting classes have functionally identical movesets.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There's a point where you go "well they're all using the same armour so I'll just save myself the hassle"

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Custom Deliveries and the daily Grand Company turn-ins are both good exp sources, but they are limited, if you just wanna mash your face into the mill for a while look into Ishgardian Restoration/Firmament poo poo.
Might as well do some tribes while you're at it.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think the Warrior of Light is everyone's messanger because the official mail carriers in Eorzea are moogles and I don't trust those guys with my letters.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
ARR is just that long.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
If it's been a long alliance raid sometimes I'll stand in the bad just so dying gives me enough time to jam the a rest of a sandwich in my mouth

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

hopeandjoy posted:

What if my close friends are not goons so instead I’m in a friend FC consisting of three (3) people.

Either you cozy up to some in-game goons and ask for onions or you start fundraising for a small house and grow your own.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Maybe I don't want to play with people from Crystal :colbert:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Watching a tank drag victory from the jaws of defeat is a lot of fun but sometimes it's like "no I wanna fight too".I guess it's kind of based on how far along the fight is when the healer hits the floor

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
If you really want a large house, your one guaranteed option is to move your character to the Dynamis data center, which was added last year and is under populated. Cons: Dynamis is kind of a ghost town so everyone uses World Visit to go to Aether or Primal to do all of the actual game parts.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The best plant is the one who doesn't even know he's a plant. This is the only player actually getting money.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's mentioned by some nearby NPCs

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I like making my own furniture but gently caress if I'm making my own leather and lumber. Sell leather and lumber.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I figure might as well get used to the back and forth weaving because you'll be doing the exact same thing with you Opo-Opo attack once you have Dragon Kick in, like, 5 levels.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
honestly wait until you have Dragon Kick and see how that feels because the rotation really solidifies by 50.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I maintain the high speed is the best part about MNK. it means more time punching and less time thinking about punching. People arguing in party chat? I don't have time to type I'd be two rotations behind. Smack smack smack smack smack

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I don't find them making very good tanks, I don't think they hold aggro well, I keep mine on healing and that's helpful.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Uldah's inn is also very close

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

HaB posted:

I will have to see if there's a shortcut for that on console.

Just move the control stick away from the thing you aren't supposed to look at

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I just check the party list and wait to see someone fail before I turn back around

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
it's the only way to get the push-ups/sit-ups/squats emotes, which personally I think are essential for any character. do push-ups when a party member is taking too long at the MB.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I like the MGP bonus items, personally.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
there's buttons to fast forward and skip the credits, they roll credit at the end of every expansion so don't feel bad about using them. Also I believe for ARR, they listed every legacy player who stuck around from 1.0 to ARR.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Poke around in your config menus, there are a disgustingly vast range of options for controller targeting.

also, controller guide

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Urinager's height just means there's more of him to bully

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Szarrukin posted:

I always wondered if there is a way to make it skippable if there is no first-timer in team, but I guess the answer is "spaghetti code" as always.

Veteran players would absolutely bail out on the first timer and requeue later if that were the case in Praetoreum.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
the other advantage of Duty Support is that you always win the loot roll.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Nitrousoxide posted:

So I'm having to do a bunch of the stuff in the Golden saucer to get that limited time car mount because I didn't have any MGP saved up. I guess I'll give my review of the various things to do there.

The Mining/Logging minigames at the Verminion hub might actually be your best MGP per minute once you've exhausted the challenge log. Out on a Limb can payout over 400 MGP if you're good.

Chocobo Racing is an excellent way to lose your goddamn mind if you want to do anything past "race the first bird you get for challenge log". there are some very weird systems in there that have been untouched for, like, five years. you will spend all your MGP on bird feed.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
That one only shows up at X:40 so you can skip it ahead of time.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Also the Lancer Guild is kind of messy

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
If you're on a free trial you can't play Gunbreaker, that and Dancer were added in Shadowbringers

But honestly don't worry about the gil cap. You just don't have anything to buy before you have Market board or housing access.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
if you come in like "fresh to tanking" or "I don't remember this place at all" you'll get 45% "same" 30% "it's cool" 20% "lmao I'm high" and 5% genuine ire.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I swear Paradigm's Breach specifically seems to mald people, I once saw a party wipe because everyone was too busy angrily typing about who pulled? we have 3 in CS! cutscene takes too long they can watch it in the inn, you have lost more time hollering than you gained from the early pull etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
there's a little over 200 players with the "do 5k battle Levequests" achievement and a little under 200 players with "do 5k fieldcraft Levequests" and I have no idea how much those players overlap.