Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Mobs in FFXIV have pretty short aggro leashes and kiting isn't really that much of a thing either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Let me switch jobs mid combo like Dante from the Devil May CryTM series.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I found this map googling this question:

Notably Western Europe doesn't exist and Garlemald is roughly where Finland should be. :laffo:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

There's also Wesk Alber's guide for RDM, which is the gold standard for understanding the basics of any job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZtMIKhpuHY

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Qwertycoatl posted:

I've never fanta'd but I frequently change my hair between the style I like best and a style that doesn't clip into big collars

I really, really, wish you could assign hairstyles to glamour plates.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

God Hole posted:

so uh what's going on with those clearly high-level players that stand around in the same spot for days/weeks at a time? there are some in every major city

ERP

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

Is there a transmog system in the game and is there a way the game keeps track of that?

Yes there is extensive transmog (called glamour) in this game, to the point where people consider it the real endgame. It's kind of confusing and janky in its implementation because there's 2 of them (glamour spheres and glamour plates) and one basically obsoletes the other.

Here's a video on how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PVRhPbF0dQ

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

so do I have to basically keep all the items for transmog? It doesn't like store them anywhere for later and I can sell all this poo poo clogging my armory?

No, if you go to an inn, FC house, your player house etc. You'll have access to a Glamour Dresser that can convert your gear into glamour appearances you can freely apply to glamour prism (basically transmog loadouts) at the cost of a glamor sphere and destroying the piece of gear as an actual equipable thing with stats.

e: beaten with the correct terminology

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

The second guy is right, Cure 1 is trash.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

One thing people get tripped up on wrt Tanking and Healing in this game vs WoW is that both roles are much more powerful. Tanks have a lot more margin for error and cooldowns are much stronger and can be done more often, so they don't need a constant stream of healing all the time. Healers also have a bunch of OGCD heals and tons of emergency tools and are encouraged to treat healing more as triage to prevent wipes rather than keeping everyone at 100%. So more often than not you'll have lots of time to just throw out dps and rack up a surprising amount of it.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

As others have said, it's a relatively easy way to grind out early job levels, some cool lightsaber weapons, rare mounts, and cheevos.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I like Yda and I never got the hate for her or Lyse for that matter.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

The Quiet Man, noted for having an incomprehensible story because the main character is deaf and nobody accommodates for his disability, not even the game, all you hear are rough buzzes when people talk or hit you.

Unless you do a new game plus (or a DLC I forget) where they put the audio back and you find out that the plot is just...bad.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

PvP in this game is largely an afterthought and not very good because of that. When CC came out people were surprised at how decent it was.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

johnny park posted:

My biggest criticism of Stormblood at the time was that I felt Zenos' sudden appearance and unexplained overwhelming strength felt a bit forced/contrived and I didn't really like him, but they really knew what they were doing with that character

I actually liked that Zenos was that strong, both because it makes the world feel bigger and cut down on the idea that the WoL is literally the strongest being in existence.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Nitrousoxide posted:

I just unlocked Grand Companies. Is there any reason to pick a particular one other than fewer loading screens or something? Or are they just all pallet swaps of each other?

I picked the Flames because you get a cool exclusive helmet.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

I like making TLDR guides for jobs but I’ve still not managed to make something easier or less clunky for Red Mage than the one split into three separate images.

I'd just link Wesk Alber's guide to RDM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZtMIKhpuHY

All his guides are pretty top notch and useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Nitrousoxide posted:

I already get more gil from the daily roulette than I spend teleporting around. I'm literally maxed out at 300k gil as a FTP player.

Yeah that's normal. There's not much to spend gil on without market board or housing access.