Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

RME posted:

it's kind of funny to me that people talk about how much better the brand-new stuff looks over other ARR gear cause the caster and dow one are both just recolors of the first dungeon set anyways
at least the tanking set is borrowing from an i70 model so it would technically take longer to get that equivalent

If you're only running the dungeons once for the MSQ there's a decent chance you're not going to collect an entire dungeon set and you're still running around in an uncoordinated clownsuit, and you may well not have even unlocked glamours and dyes yet or have the money to spend on them once you do unlock them.

I mean, this is the "New Players" thread, not the "has a max level character and is leveling an alt" thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

IMO that one is a lot easier than most people think as long as you take your time and don't let yourself get tilted. A huge aid for jump puzzles is targeting yourself, because as long as even a tiny bit of the targeting circle around you is on a ledge, you are on that ledge.

The visual indicator this provides makes it a lot easier and safer to line up your jumps in some areas of the tower.

If you're interested in more jump puzzle sightseeing logs, there's one in Rhalgr's Reach and one on top of the inn in Kugane.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

I just use Google Authenticator for my 2fa, no need to use their individual app for it.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

And on top of all that, the gear from the Ivalice raids is ugly and undyeable, so there's no reason to actually do the raids anymore outside of the Bozja unlock.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Best way to start tanking is normal mode raids, imo. That’s how I started after accidentally queuing up for one after using WAR to solo old content, and that taught me how easy it is.

All you do for normal raids is hit some mitigation buttons when you get a tankbuster marker and hold the boss still for melee positionals. Other than that it’s just like dps. Normals have no tank swaps and no real role specific mechanics other than clearly marked tankbusters.

If you’re L90 I think P7N is the easiest to start with because the boss doesn’t move. All you need to do is your rotation and avoid hitting people with the tankbuster. Easy and painless, and there’s a mount achievement for tanking enough of them.

Won’t get you better at trash pulls, but as far as beating tanxiety goes, it’s imo the easiest way to start tanking for actual players.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Unsync it. You don’t have to do them at level, you can crush all of them solo at L80+ and it’ll count.

Edit: Do Sephirot as your tank class, he’s still a motherfucker to solo as dps.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

YggiDee posted:

As a Sprout, I loved being blindsided by weird mechanics, and now that I'm 1.5 years in I love watching sprouts eat poo poo to unfamiliar mechanics. It's what they're for.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

girl dick energy posted:

87 is an outlier because anyone who doesn’t do that one first time with Duty Support deserves a wedgie. (See also: 89 Trial)

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

It's the suburbs of FF14. Move there to own a house, commute to a real datacenter to actually do anything, because people are literally only there to own houses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Necrothatcher posted:

I did threaten to become a lalafell if she keeps up with this.

This is the way to go imo.