Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
I've never had any extra connectivity issues on Steam, for what it's worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Eh. It's swings and roundabouts. I'm fairly sure Dawntrail will drop for preorder at the weekend so if you think you'll buy that you might wanna consider waiting (though I assume the Endwalker sale will end).

lines
Aug 18, 2013

I don't know how many visual novels you've played but FFXIV doesn't resemble them in any way.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Oh don't get me wrong - parts of the gameplay, especially in the early game, suck big rear end. And I love the game, I could never get into WoW! I think what I claim is that its method of storytelling is quite different from visual novels, though you can tell that Ishikawa has a history writing for that genre, certainly.

I don't really play many action games, though - that probably shapes my perspective. I did talk to someone the other day who said that she misses 1.0 gameplay and that 2.0 and onwards is just too fast and frantic, which is wild to me.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Guildhests are that one "we trained him wrong, as a joke" gag except it's MMO content.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

FuturePastNow posted:

Yeah! Put a baby Behemoth in a guildhest to teach sprouts how to hide greed

Ultimately this is if anything the point of Labyrinth of the Ancients nowadays. Third Ancient Flare Skip is real but only if you believe! Good for people to learn that.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Ojjeorago posted:

What the gently caress, who gets to a third Ancient Flare??

Maybe I'm forgetting how many the normal number is.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

parasyte posted:

the normal number is two

if enough players are doing good damage and (crucially) enough of them believe, you can skip the 2nd one

i have definitely died several times because not enough people believed when we clearly had enough to make it

Right yeah this is it. Three sessions of damage but you can do two if you believe. The worst is when some believe but some are faithless.

It's going to be weird if when we're all synced down from Lv100 it's possible to reliably skip.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Simsmagic posted:

I'm going through the SHB leveling dungeons for the first time, and I'm finding it difficult to keep up heals on the tank when they're doing big pulls. While they rarely die, I usually have to focus all of my attention and abilities on keeping the tank alive and can't really do any kind of DPS to help take down the many mobs they pull. Is there anything I should be doing to help keep the Tank in a better position? I'm a WHM and up til now I've been fine just keeping Regen up and using lilies as necessary but it almost feels like my lillies are falling off in potency and they barely do anything to restore health. I could be doing more to upgrade my iLevel but I was under the impression that it doesn't really matter until you hit max level content for that expansion anyways

I find the ilvl starts mattering midway through the expansion, normally.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

People just want that slop.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, it shouldn't be bannable but it's pretty rude to do deliberately.

This is how I feel. I have occasionally accidentally pulled as a tank when I didn't realise someone was watching a cutscene - generally I try to slow my roll and not kill the boss fast when this happens, and I don't like doing it. It's rude to do deliberately.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

404notfound posted:

I was chugging along and finally hit 70 on my dragoon, only to find that I'm no longer able to register for the alliance roulette. It says I need an item score of 305 now, but seeing as how I'm still wrapping up Heavensward, the level 60 poetics gear in Idyllshire is the best stuff I can get and is only item score 270.

I guess I can get higher level stuff from the market board? It's just annoying that I feel like I'm being punished for overleveling, particularly since the alliance roulette is the only one that seems to come up with DPS as the adventurer in need bonus with any regularity

Yeah, unfortunately this is a fix they introduced to stop people cheating the ilvl gates and only queuing for Crystal Tower, but it does then affect people like yourself. You should I thought be able to queue as a different class, one that is below level 70? You could use this as an excuse to start leveling a new job! Practically speaking you will always be overleveled if you're focusing on just one job because the MSQ gives you enough XP just on its own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lines
Aug 18, 2013

I don't see why they couldn't link it to MSQ completion. If you've not completed Stormblood, don't put the ilvl restrictions on.