Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Maxwell Lord posted:

I am technically not a sprout but I'm discovering new things all the time

I have been playing the game for like half a decade but took so many breaks I may as well be a sprout

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Did they fix the weird gaps in leveling in ARR? I distinctly remember a few times where the next MSQ was a higher level than I could do and I had to pause questing to go gently caress around with other xp stuff

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah this isn't an old MMO like EverQuest or Ultima Online, kiting mobs is not an effective strategy. Use your abilities and weaponskills and the mobs will fall well before you do.

The ranged part of ranged DPS is when you're in party content like a dungeon and there's a tank to hold mobs still for you.

As long as you don't attack too many at once

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Bruceski posted:

People get weird about lalas. If anyone goes further than /petting feel free to fight back.

Do people do creepy things to strangers in this game?? :whitewater:

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Wait, do people usually solo the duties that progress the MSQ? I've been queuing up to play them normally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

your post is a bit ambiguous so forgive me if I'm clarifying something you already understood

people aren't talking about a true solo (which generally requires being at least 20 levels higher than the duty, if not more), but going in with a party of NPCs. This is possible for all mandatory four-player content in the level 1-57 and 71-90 ranges (and they're working on filling in the middle)

I think there's a decent mix of people who prefer to play with NPCs and people who prefer to play with other players

YOU CAN DO THAT????