Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Oh boy, Birth ME Code flashbacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

gegi posted:

yeah, i find that super-awkward, considering how sadly rare it is to have anyone who isn't either thin or insanely huge-breasted voluptuous in anime games, having this character and forcing us to call her Pig is uncomfortable to me.

:same: honestly.

In something less uncomfortable: It's interesting how Bunny is the type of person who immediately swaps his stance when someone disagrees with him.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

mycelia posted:

Yeaaaah. Birth ME Code did that too, right? The chubby guy was...Greed, I think? Avaritia? And had a pig mask. Great. Very creative.

Can't decide whether I appreciate them getting straight to the point, or whether it just feels unearned and derivative. Guess that'll depend on how well they stick the landing.

Ava = pig = the purple haired teacher.

Tris = horse = the chubby guy

Good to hear, Mix. I'm also already liking the token bitchy rear end in a top hat character (hi Dragon) a lot better than Bia. Don't therapy people without their consent or get your feet stomped on :colbert:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I think talking about the grand scheme of things is a bit premature for those of us who have yet to experience more than four updates' worth of this game.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

In any case, I wouldn't necessarily call this dry, but I do feel that some of it - stuff like mirror plays - could have been saved for later (would be a great room conversation, if this game had escape rooms).

The game itself reminds me a lot of the Ambidex Game (Virtue's Last Reward) which was both very solvable and inflicted on a group with absolutely no inclination to actually solve it when they could just backstab people instead.

edit: it's also possible that people are lying about their abilities, though the very on-the-nose names makes that less likely.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

dervival posted:

Give the guy a single coin, face-up - I'd like to see him split that into two equal number of heads! It's false.

nice crack in your good cop persona, bunny

Could just flip it face down, then you'd have two equal stacks of zero heads.

I feel like I've heard this lateral thinking puzzle before.

fake edit: maybe it was this that I was thinking of?

e: Yeah, that looks like it. It's got to be true.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

He's definitely going for the people most likely to be able to overpower him to keep him from using his tablet first.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

PepperedMoth posted:

Given Bunny and Dog's shared contentious past, giving Bunny the code so he can try to tame Dog is guaranteed to be a drama-bomb.

So let's trust Bunny with the whip code.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

He proved to Brian's satisfaction that Snake was cheating, but also yes this is kind of irritating.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

AweStriker posted:

Honestly this whole sequence has started to feel like it’s dragging on a little.

Whether it counts as a “shaggy Dog story” is something else though… does that even apply here?

I think the dragging is part of the format rather than the game; I can see this going a lot more quickly when played.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Regallion posted:

What kind of an idiot mastermind (excluding mister "My motives are complex") would actually wear a real killer collar? If he needed to fake his death some fake blood and acting could work. Hell, if you wanted realism you could use some sort of a paralyzing agent to ensure you appear properly dead even to cursory scrutiny.

welcome to zero escape games tbh

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I'm already a lot more impressed by this than by Quantum Suicide, but that bar's so low it's in hell.

tbh it just needs to have more people talking about hot women or pseudoscience and it'd be reasonably close to a zero escape.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Tiger and Dragon play off each other really well. :allears: And the chess stuff was pretty interesting too; can't wait to see it come back as relevant in true ZE style.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Let's go with bunny, because it's going to be more interesting

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Yeah, I'm actually really enjoying this game.

Snake's insistence that Brian not commit any murders himself is really interesting.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Junpei posted:

Snake's route was actually the first route I completely in my playthrough of the game. It immediately cemented Snake as one of my favorite characters in this game.

good track record for people named Snake in escape games tbqh.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Save Ox!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

At least you don't have to worry about picking up quantum suicide

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

ZCKaiser posted:

In game with a lot of stupid/bad twists this was definitely the worst.

I actually thought it was one of the better twists, in that it didn't come out of nowhere and wasn't improbable for the setting (shrug aliens)

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Obviously wrong, and oh boy I'm excited to see how this turns out.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

That definitely feels like a later game route; I don't think it would have been particularly satisfying as our first one. Eesh.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Horse actually does have a mask-based alternate personality :magical:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

ZCKaiser posted:

Horse asking Mouse to get a soda for him had done more to sell me on Horse than anything else so far.

Yeah, that and the 'Don't worry, I'm not'. He's pretty fun when he isn't sort of just hiding in the background.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

:ohdear:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Yeah, kind of an abrupt ending but it drove home the points it needed to re: mouse, killing, and the justice system so I'm ultimately satisfied. Rooster is still the best character other than Mouse.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

That ending's just some really neat writing, and it makes perfect sense for a Mouse already thinking she's the sole innocent one to snap in exactly that way.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Oh hey, hello Brian.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Goddammit, Rooster.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

oh boy we're getting into the wacky vn hijinx aren't we

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

:stonk:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mix. posted:

oh there is more than one murder mystery, in fact i would argue that the other game possibly is in contention for having the most murder mysteries in a VN to date :eng101:

this one

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Yeah, Snake and Rooster are probably my favorite characters in this. A lot of the others I wished had more to do, though, especially Sheep and Pig.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Hell yeah, Sheep! Other than the weird ending for Horse and the fact you can't BFF Dragon on the good end, I think most of these are pretty good/cute. Lol at Bunny being any sort of reformer tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Happy endings for everyone!