Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Considering how childish billionaires can be, I can see him holding on to that childish mentality for his whole life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Raymond Lee really is fantastic as an optimistic traveling do-gooder lead. It’s too bad the show is mediocre.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

I AM GRANDO posted:

Raymond Lee really is fantastic as an optimistic traveling do-gooder lead. It’s too bad the show is mediocre.
cast him in the Early Edition reboot and he can continue working his way through the "nice guy with future knowledge fixes problem" mainstays of my childhood

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Sivart13 posted:

cast him in the Early Edition reboot and he can continue working his way through the "nice guy with future knowledge fixes problem" mainstays of my childhood

And then on to The Pretender!

delightful
Jul 20, 2022

Medullah posted:

And then on to The Pretender!

I am also enjoying Raymond Lee and would watch a QL, Early Edition, and The Pretender reboot all starring Raymond Lee simultaneously.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

I AM GRANDO posted:

Yeah I guess I broadly agree with Bakula in that Q&A there in that I wish they had had the confidence in what made the original show work and not laden it with all the love triangles and 'present day' threats that mostly don't really work.

It was fun to see the eccentric old handset again though.

And like, Ben's speech about how every time you help someone, you make the world a better place was really good.

It just always feels like there's so much stuff piled on that they don't actually need.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

delightful posted:

I am also enjoying Raymond Lee and would watch a QL, Early Edition, and The Pretender reboot all starring Raymond Lee simultaneously.

Guys just keep Lee, slap a new coat of paint on the show and call it journeyman.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
I don't think there's as much appetite for rebooting a cancelled 13 episode series from 2007 but I would certainly support it

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

My suggestion earlier was The Pretender, same general weekly plot vibe and I can legit see him pulling it off

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
Well not surprising but sad. https://deadline.com/2024/04/quantum-leap-canceled-nbc-2-seasons-1235877093/

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Figures. At least the show as a little bit of closure.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I think when people look back at this reboot they'll wonder why they made some of the decisions they made. It was almost too afraid to be the predecessor. Sucks, Raymond Lee was a great do gooder time traveler.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Lol saw 3 new posts and said to myself "welp probably cancelled".

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Well as much as I did have criticisms about what they did I thought it was a fun show and this is a drag.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Just too much focus on the present day storyline, and it really wasn't done well despite me actually liking the characters.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I went into it with an open mind, and there were some good things about it, but overall it was loving trash that will be forgotten about in a couple years.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Dr. Ben Sung never returned home

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
Good. Maybe in 20 years when they try again they can remember what made the original show good instead of deciding spending 40% of the time in the future was a good idea.

Raymond Lee = highlight of the show overall
Ernie Hudson = highlight of any scene he was in
Love triangles = CW-tier awful bullshit
Everything else = BORING

Just completely disregarded the formula in favor of the worst drama you've ever seen on any network. gently caress this show I'm glad it's canceled.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The most interesting thing they did was a love interest that the main character meets on various leaps and still didn't do a lot with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mooseontheloose posted:

I think when people look back at this reboot they'll wonder why they made some all of the decisions they made.

FTFY.