Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Suppose only next step is to ask a genuine doctor if someone whose lowered back seized or nerve pinched or whatever they said it was would cause you to react like that, or if it’s most definitely a concussion. Guess I’ve just gotta hope my team isn’t as lovely as others in the league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FWIW he really does have a back injury that might keep him out of the Bengals game on TNF.

but also he was concussed lol

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
So he had an injury that caused him to lose control of his legs momentarily and put him back in the game? Yep that sounds better than ignoring a concussion

NFLPA seriously needs to get their own doctors but never will because players don't want to miss time.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Ches Neckbeard posted:

So he had an injury that caused him to lose control of his legs momentarily and put him back in the game? Yep that sounds better than ignoring a concussion

NFLPA seriously needs to get their own doctors but never will because players don't want to miss time.

*glances at Herbie*

Yeah, checks out

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I mean again we’ve got some evidence that plays to both sides - the play of his back, our amateur non medical opinions on the film that some explained as a pinched nerve, and the sad gross history books of teams that do ultra shady poo poo on the reg (some even allow players to do ultra lovely things if you can imagine that) so I get the skepticism. Let’s hope the NFLPA gets to the bottom of it.

Unless you’re a doc, then my mistake

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Maybe he injured both his back and his head but the injuries canceled each other out so Tua is actually fine.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

yeah football is dumb as hell. The sequence went like this.

Tua gets hurt, tries to shake it off and get back up, but stumbles.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1574101766681116673?s=20&t=jmpBFf3y2aH4ChBk_md6Pw

Teddy gets one drive before the half and looks like complete poo poo.

https://twitter.com/KingOfPhinland/status/1574796465364508672?s=20&t=jmpBFf3y2aH4ChBk_md6Pw

Tua comes back out after halftime.

https://twitter.com/TuatoJaylen/status/1574554827438292993?s=20&t=jmpBFf3y2aH4ChBk_md6Pw

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
5 for 8 110 yards with a blown out back and scrambled brains.

What a dawg.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

got that fog in him

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Mahomes?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Amy Pole Her posted:

I mean again we’ve got some evidence that plays to both sides - the play of his back, our amateur non medical opinions on the film that some explained as a pinched nerve, and the sad gross history books of teams that do ultra shady poo poo on the reg (some even allow players to do ultra lovely things if you can imagine that) so I get the skepticism. Let’s hope the NFLPA gets to the bottom of it.

Unless you’re a doc, then my mistake

I've definitely had that exact same stumble and "holy hell I can't walk" after having my lower back seize up and that pain makes you drop, for what it's worth.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i done that stuff after i hit my fucken head on the ground as well. we may never know what's up

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I've seen a lot of dudes go stank leg from getting their brain rattled and that looked a whole lot more like a man who's had his eggs scrambled than some goon with a crook back.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

BlindSite posted:

I've seen a lot of dudes go stank leg from getting their brain rattled and that looked a whole lot more like a man who's had his eggs scrambled than some goon with a crook back.

Struggling to determine if this is better read in late 20s gangster or early 60s beat

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Pontius Pilate posted:

Struggling to determine if this is better read in late 20s gangster or early 60s beat

Include it as part of the tears in the rain speech from Blade Runner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Week 4 has begun, so the aftermath thread is up.