Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
the Giants defense needs help everywhere. Finally got exposed tonight.

Maybe Neal will be fine. It's only his third game. Who knows.

I am ready for Tyrod Taylor to be the starting quarterback for the next few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Cooper Rush will lead the Cowboys to the Super Bowl. Dak has been holding them back!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
at this point the chargers let Herbie sit and recover right? like don't trot him out there injured while the rest of your team is dead too

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCvhWgqLvOk

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Armitage posted:

I am ready for Tyrod Taylor to be the starting quarterback for the next few years.

The next few years!?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Armitage posted:

the Giants defense needs help everywhere. Finally got exposed tonight.

giants don't need to be worried unless they lose to the bears.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

mcmagic posted:

The next few years!?

is it me or have the top QBs in the 2023 class looked pretty bad? I swear I saw a few mocks for '23 before the season saying that Van Dyke was a possible target.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

Armitage posted:

is it me or have the top QBs in the 2023 class looked pretty bad? I swear I saw a few mocks for '23 before the season saying that Van Dyke was a possible target.

They've been up and down but looked good this past Saturday so full steam ahead on tanking

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

at this point the chargers let Herbie sit and recover right? like don't trot him out there injured while the rest of your team is dead too

Lol

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

https://twitter.com/magicjohnson/status/1574606549338664960?s=46&t=dSyHdO-YTh9u1-LbXoBdBA

Agreed

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1574604755372056583?t=NxyEGR5SmHQ4x5TP9hbJdQ&s=19

cursed

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
How is Cooper Rush's clapping game tho?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Lol. Lmao.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

You don't understand, the doctor says Herbie has to play or else he'll give himself skin failure!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Armitage posted:

Young and Stroud are still legit, everyone else .. eeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
If Herbie drops below 50 passes per game the bomb will go off!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

You will rue the day you disrespected jake haener

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Yeah but I don't think they will fall to the Giants. :(. Would be good to get some defensive help though.

That final Jones pass was the most embarrassing pass I've seen since Dave Brown threw a ball on a Monday Night game that wasn't even within 30 yards of anybody, and it wasn't a 'throw it away instead of get sacked' pass either. There was no play on that side of the field after Sills fell. gently caress it I'm ready for Tyrod Taylor.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I can see why they're hesitant after they missed out on a playoff spot by a bees dick last year but going 0-4 and giving him a month off seems preferable to me than risking the next decade.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Okay I missed the game tonight as I was at work, watching the condensed version and I am tripping hard on what appears to be at least 5 uncalled false starts. Did anyone else see that or am I stuck in some kind of time dilation wormhole??

I don't actually care, not like I need more false start penalties in my life but I do need to know if anyone else saw that

They are just like most QB prospects and could bust just as easily as any of them have before.

It's also interesting that the top QB prospects always seem to come from the teams with the most talent and best passing games. I mean yeah, better teams recruit better QBs but the best young QBs in the NFL right now came from Wyoming, Louisville and Texas Tech. Makes me wonder how many diamonds in the rough there are out there who play on bad teams but could be great if they got a chance. It's easy to put up stats when all your guys are way better than all their guys, I know analysts attempt to take that into account but in my opinion they usually fail.

BlindSite posted:

I can see why they're hesitant after they missed out on a playoff spot by a bees dick last year but going 0-4 and giving him a month off seems preferable to me than risking the next decade.

Also they just got their nuts stomped out by the freaking Jaguars WITH him on the field.

Team's got real issues this year. Herbert IS their future so if he's damaging himself or risking himself he shouldn't. And Brandon Staley's copout of 'It's Justin's decision' is completely bullshit, YOU are the head coach and of course he doesn't want to let his teammates down so he's gonna try and play if he can move at all. You are the one who needs to make the best decision there.

But it's okay Herbie will get his rest when the team doctor accidentally collapses his lung

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
the season is young, i’m willing myself into being slightly optimistic about the chargers still—i know this is foolhardy, and please don’t murder herbie, but

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Glad they seem ok but like…Browns and motor vehicles don’t seem to go well together.

Hopefully its not like a DUI situation. These guys could afford to get a DD.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gatts posted:

Glad they seem ok but like…Browns and motor vehicles don’t seem to go well together.

Hopefully its not like a DUI situation. These guys could afford to get a DD.
The tweet in the post you quoted said that it happened "on the way home after practice" so I'd be very surprised if booze was involved.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Apparently it rained a bunch in Cleveland, Garrett probably had the wrong tires and hydroplaned

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Apparently it rained a bunch in Cleveland, Garrett probably had the wrong tires and hydroplaned
Yeah, story is he swerved to avoid an animal and hydroplaned

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Picture of the car here:

https://www.wtol.com/video/news/loc...07-9ba3900472e0

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

It was also incredibly windy here. It was a really nasty storm. It was also doing this weird thing where it would be fine one minute, pouring hard the next, and then back to fine, so it was easy to underestimate the conditions you were driving in.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
A tough week but here's my 3 cool teams of the week:

Jaguars
Ravens
Eagles

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I can co-sign that cool team list

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

RIP 992 turbo

Glad he is okay though

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

JT Jag posted:

I can co-sign that cool team list

:hmmyes:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Dolphins were cool also :saddowns:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

TheBizzness posted:

The Dolphins were cool also :saddowns:

They made the list in week 1 AND 2 and are the only team with 2 cool points thus far.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

we beat the best team in the nfl while punting a ball right off a guy's rear end

what more do you want?!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ehud posted:

we beat the best team in the nfl while punting a ball right off a guy's rear end

what more do you want?!

I think the Tua situation bumped them down. It's not a perfect system, sorry.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
We swear it’s his back we’d never hurt out baby boys brain

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

They could have just said “yeah we worried about him but he passed all the tests the NFL requires” and everyone would have shrugged. It’s always the coverup, not the crime

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That’s assuming it was a concussion. Really haven’t gotten a strong deceptive vibe from Tua. Not McDaniel. With Miamis luck you really don’t think there’d be a smoking gun by now?

His back was injured earlier in the game so the reasonable evidence over the helmet hitting the turf seems to match up there as well but with past transgressions on nearly the part of every nfl team i can understand the immediate mistrust

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Yeah I agree with you, and every NFL team does poo poo like that every game. I probably just wouldn’t have commented on it at all beyond the “he passed the tests”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
It's really just a back of his brain injury. When the back of your head bounces off the turf that'll cause to you stumble around like a boxer in a fight about to be called.