Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
I think kids won't be bothered by 80 degree weather and smoky air in October because they've grown up with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

numberoneposter posted:

When will then be now?

now has already passed.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_uzWSvCcl0

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Thinking about the future seems terrible and pointless!

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Das Boo posted:

This. We may be closer to human extinction, but the average person's day-to-day life is actually better than in any other point in history.

it’s this op

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Pladdicus posted:

it's good but it's never been good for everyone and i hope we keep workin' on figuring that out.

also this

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It's Saturday and I woke up early and am doing a lot of caffeine, so I feel very positive about the future, let's do this let's go

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
Everything is going to be very different in a a very recognizable way and it is going to be bad.

Lol if you have kids.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Not very good, op

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Woe woe woe your boat

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
I just look forward to the adventure ahead, but I've always been partial to chaos, adrenaline and destruction.
Should be fun.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

lonelylikezoidberg posted:

Everything is going to be very different in a a very recognizable way and it is going to be bad.

Lol if you have kids.

Yeah sorry gang this is the winner. Wrap it up and everyone go home and enjoy what little time we all have left, because the hour is closer than you think.

TBLALV
Aug 5, 2022
I don't feel anything about the future

It's going to be very, very bad.

Worrying about it doesn't help me in the long run.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 days!)

i try not to think about it but when i do, it doesn't depress me. the world right now is so unfair, cruel and boring and there doesn't seem to be any chance at all of that being allowed to improve without a serious collapse. maybe something good will come out of that, maybe it at least won't be so loving boring. it's easy to sit here and ignore all the pain and devestation that would be involved in such a collapse

so i do

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
The future’s so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
The future’s so dark, I gotta wear a VR headset.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

You make it sound like a have a future.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I’m buying farmland in the mitten of Michigan, check it out, that whole region is climate change-proof. I’ma be growing wine or cherries or whatever while you’re all drinking each other’s blood because you didn’t think to set up a vinyard or cherry orchard. You’re all gonna die and I’ll laugh and masturbate!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The future will have even faster internet for my online gaming and streaming OP, which comprises 90% of my waking time. It’s gonna be great.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

most of our problems are solvable, except for capitalism and climate change, those aren’t so i’d advise everyone to watch out for em. if you can stay clear of that pair, the future should be pretty swell.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
i think it'll be fine, generally

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Colonel Cancer posted:

:woop:
We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine
And the machine is bleeding to death
:dance:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
*takes a peek behind curtain at the future*

Nah I'm gonna pass.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Wifi Toilet posted:

The future’s so dark, I gotta wear a VR headset.

turn on ur...hmd

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

I think we're extremely lucky to one day witness the apocalypse, and the extinction of the most widespread species of primates, humans.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
i'll be checking out before the people i care about, like a godamn coward

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I feel like there's no way to prevent it

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Anyone else think this is all about to get really really bad ?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Nah it only gets better

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I don't think there is one, OP

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Continuous crippling anxiety, op.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I bought a trailer out of town on a hillside and I'm going to hide in it until the end.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
This thread is whatever but it's also one of the only new ones on the first page. Holy hell the 1st page if full of stickies and threads that don't go away, this is too much like old gbs.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I tell you what, I'll feel a lot better about the future when SA app allows posting threads :smugbert:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The future doesn't exist considering by the time it does happen it's just the present. Makes you think.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I’m probably going to take a nice, girthy BM in about an hour. So the future is looking pretty good. Beyond that it looks really lovely.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I think I've got a pretty good shot at living forever as our medical technology develops and enhances the general quality of our lives and aged care, and I'm excited to do so.
The world might have lovely things in it, but I truly believe life is worth living and there's always something new to see, do and experience.

This whole forum gets super doomer-y a lot and sometimes that's exhausting. Good things happen. Better things are possible.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mode 7 posted:

I think I've got a pretty good shot at living forever as our medical technology develops and enhances the general quality of our lives and aged care, and I'm excited to do so.
The world might have lovely things in it, but I truly believe life is worth living and there's always something new to see, do and experience.

This whole forum gets super doomer-y a lot and sometimes that's exhausting. Good things happen. Better things are possible.

I don't feel anything particularly terrible about the world situation or wars or whatever, it's like, I live in a very hot place and it's gonna get hotter, such is life.

I just have anxiety issues unrelated to it and the anxiolytic doses are not gonna get lower, so

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Wizard Master posted:

Anyone else think this is all about to get really really bad ?

i don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

sigher posted:

The future doesn't exist considering by the time it does happen it's just the present. Makes you think.

They call it the present because every second you are alive to experience suffering is a gift from god :)