Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Wizard Master posted:

Does anybody else feel like things are about to get really bad soon?

Totally, I don't normally like to open up in GBS but things have me seriously on edge.

This war has been going for ages but seems to be escalating, relations are tense and opinions are divided, no one can agree on a solution or who to back.

I'm pretty sure wizard hands or pencil master is going to murder the other to cement their poo poo posting throne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

great big cardboard tube posted:

I'm pretty sure wizard hands or pencil master is going to murder the other to cement their poo poo posting throne.

poo poo posters, there can only be one. :(

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

how do I feel about the future? with its consent of course

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
How can you be anxious about the future, it's the ultimate blowoff problem. You'll be dead before the future ever actually shows up

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Khanstant posted:

How can you be anxious about the future, it's the ultimate blowoff problem. You'll be dead before the future ever actually shows up

:wrong: The future technically yesterday. We are now in the post-future.

How do you all feel about the post--post-future?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yesterday is just a dream, the future is a myth. Live every second like it's your last

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Why doesn't this so called "Wizard Master" just cast a spell to alleviate his worries about the future?

Presto Bango! Problem solved (for now).

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I just want a little house on the beach. every second of my effort in life* is devoted to that goal. even if the world is burning at least I can have my own tiny slice of heaven

*at least, every second that isn't already apportioned to shitposting

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life
I feel that my therapist would tell me not to read this thread is how I feel :(

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Every living thing will die. All of man's creations will be destroyed.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Great, thank you very much. What's a future with you?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Bula Vinaka posted:

Every living thing will die. All of man's creations will be destroyed.

Forever chemicals is a HOAX?!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
looking good op.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

We're all hosed, OP

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Best case scenario that doesn’t involve winning the lottery, I’ll die on my feet at 95 (there’s no way I’m being granted an early reprieve from this nonsense) after having my head partially severed by a sword made from a sharpened lawnmower blade when a horde of Gen *infinity symbol* raiders storm the gates of the Walmart owned town I’m greeting for because I can’t afford to retire.

EDIT: between now and then will mostly be about purchasing a series of fancier tvs and hamburgers every time I realize I still can’t buy a house.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The earth will survive despite us.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

kntfkr posted:

i'm worried about our little beach house still existing when my kids grow up

My little beach house (not "mine" but the one I rent for a week every summer) got washed out to sea by Hurricane Ian last year so as far as I'm aware I'm already in the future

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

"Hold me, whatever lies beyond this morning.
Is a little later on
Regardless of warnings, the future doesn't scare me at all
Nothing's like before"

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

I feel pretty hopeful OP

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

kalel posted:

I just want a little house on the beach. every second of my effort in life* is devoted to that goal. even if the world is burning at least I can have my own tiny slice of heaven

*at least, every second that isn't already apportioned to shitposting

Just wait until the beach comes to the house you're already in

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

I think the future is going to be fairly awful but I won't be there for it, nor do I intend to have any kids who will have to live through it. Best of luck to future people.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

The worst I ever felt about the future was realising that car Elon Musk shot into space will still exist in a hundred thousand years, as one of the last remaining artefacts of human civilisation

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

vegetables posted:

The worst I ever felt about the future was realising that car Elon Musk shot into space will still exist in a hundred thousand years, as one of the last remaining artefacts of human civilisation

It won't stay up there that long. It'll fall to earth within our lifetimes probably if it hasn't already.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Tarkus posted:

It won't stay up there that long. It'll fall to earth within our lifetimes probably if it hasn't already.

No, that car won't be coming back to Earth. It was supposed to wind up near Mars but ended up missing by many millions of miles, and is now in an orbit around the sun until it eventually hits something or the orbit decays enough.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

LanceHunter posted:

No, that car won't be coming back to Earth. It was supposed to wind up near Mars but ended up missing by many millions of miles, and is now in an orbit around the sun until it eventually hits something or the orbit decays enough.

Ah, I thought they put it in orbit around the earth.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

vegetables posted:

As others have said, it won't last too long.

So take heart, that the two Voyager spacecraft will outlive humanity and maybe even the Earth itself, hurtling into the void, forever. They got nudes on them too!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Its going to be total poo poo in like 20 years when Climate Change really starts loving the world and millions of people face drought and famine. Its one of the reasons that I moved to the largest body of fresh water I could find.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

In the future Jesus will come to earth and franchise a McDonalds. People will expect Judgement Day but all they're going to get is 30 years of a very well managed McDonalds where the employees are actually happy and the food is above average, having performed this miracle, he will die of sleep apnea at the age of 56. It will take them three days to find the body.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
We're totally hosed because the oceans are going to die and that's where we get most of our oxygen. The Human race will die off and then hopefully we'll have a return to nature but there will still be like a couple hundred million humans alive across the world.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

In the future Jesus will come to earth and franchise a McDonalds. People will expect Judgement Day but all they're going to get is 30 years of a very well managed McDonalds where the employees are actually happy and the food is above average, having performed this miracle, he will die of sleep apnea at the age of 56. It will take them three days to find the body.

Praise the Lord

Phat Phingers
May 27, 2023

Ey Frito-Lay! FUH Q MANG!
its gonna be really really bad but I'll be dead by then so who cares

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Hollismason posted:

Its going to be total poo poo in like 20 years when Climate Change really starts loving the world and millions of people face drought and famine. Its one of the reasons that I moved to the largest body of fresh water I could find.

You should get good at guns and martial arts to protect your water

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
You've probably only got a couple decades left, remember to live before you die

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

Reading up on it more Wikipedia says Elon Musk’s car may collide with the Earth many millions of years in the future, which seems stupid enough that it will definitely happen

How I feel about the future is that it sucks to be the cockroach guy that gets hit by Elon Musk’s car

TheBlackVegetable
Oct 29, 2006

goatface posted:

The earth will survive despite us.

Exactly, look at Venus for example - total cataclysm; still goes round the Sun no sweat.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Wizard Master posted:

Does anybody else feel like things are about to get really bad soon?

seems to keep getting worse yea op

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Nascardad
Oct 22, 2009

"Racing is in my blood, I can't quite get out of it yet"
Meh

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023
On one hand, I'm a marine biologist so it can get exhausting seeing every data trend you analyze go in the wrong direction.

On the other hand, we are learning so much about our past mismanagement of resources and how to (theoretically) do things the right way, and that gives me hope.

Not enjoying seeing all the American political BS seep into Canada lately tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

grimdark