Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Force de Fappe posted:

gently caress you for your service

Are you threatening me with a good time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Voyager I posted:

The fact that it's also a very flimsy takedown with immediately obvious holes makes me think it's got to be some kind of bait, but by someone who somehow thinks this subforum is Pro-Fascism and will whip itself into a frenzy to defend the honor of Heinlein???

The only things I'll defend him on are his love of loving everything that moves and his weird idea for a hospital waterbed.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Don't smoke pot in your rear end either.

You have not lived until you have tried a boofing bong.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

rndmnmbr posted:

I invite anyone who believes Heinlein actually espoused the fascism of Starship Troopers to give The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress a read. There are a whopping lot of highly objectionable things Heinlein believed, but fascism wasn't one of them. Starship Troopers is more akin to a simple thought exercise.

Its a book where world war bug starts because of some john birch type loons tried to convert bugs and got ate. I'm pretty sure the one thing he believes in is big ol tiddies.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

McNally posted:

Pretty ballsy to try to argue these points when you haven’t even read the book.

I would like to point out that there is some subtext in this post, something the book, that the OP has not read, is full of. Though personally as a perpetually horny vet I'm more fond of the first half of Stranger in a Strange Land. Do word magic with your mind and hump everyone who's willing.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

bulletsponge13 posted:

I loving love the book. I'm all about discussing it; but I want to discuss it, not a YT takedown.

I want OP to come back after they read it- I wasn't kidding when I said I'd buy them a copy. I buy a copy a year to give away.

I like the part a lot of people miss where a lot of it is Heinlien going "John Birch Society People are loving insane and the society they want is bad" considering how the war actually starts in the book, with a missionairy getting told to gently caress off and die by the bugs.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

CainFortea posted:

Officers are typically the first to throw their underlings in a wood chipper for a slight increase in their evaluation score. Which if you think about it is a really poor trait to have in a politician.

It's this, a thousand times.

Dont forget the emphasis on making spreadsheet blocks the right color regardless of weather the data supports it or not. Most of them are very practiced in self delusion.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

McNally posted:

I doubt it. It may have been once upon a time but nowadays the admins reserve permas for more serious things.

Can it at least lead to a forum shadowban and a "Smoke Crack Kurzon is a bitch dipshit." title?

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

M_Gargantua posted:

We don't use gendered slurs anymore.

Someone can come up with an appropriate starship troopers adjacent pejorative.

I was referencing a previous failed GiP mod challenge. Considering what they called the non bug aliens in the book that would also be problematic and calling someone a civilian just makes you sound like a jaded passed over angry vet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

bulletsponge13 posted:

There's his new profile pic. Red text "Literacy Means Citizenship"

Ok this is better than what I was thinking of.