Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

LividLiquid posted:

I don't feel like you can put that on writers. Writing a movie doesn't take very long. It's everything else that does.

I mean more like Loren wasn’t able to dedicate the time to really showrun the show while also directing and composing and writing and producing the movie, so some (quite a few) subpar scripts got produced.

Again, I love the show, I think this season is great, movie was great, but it hasn’t been perfectly smooth sailing all the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Ah. I should've realized.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Still no new episodes until 2/19 (Every other year they seem to have this long hiatus, Fox Super Bowl or not)

Anyway, the real Bob's Burgers turned 60, and apparently had just as much luck in the beginning:
https://www.abqjournal.com/2568443/happy-birthday-bobs-burgers-albuquerque-institution-celebrates-60-yea.html

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Aww! Good for them. This show about entirely unsuccessful burger joint owners nonetheless makes me dream of having their life. I could be fantasizing about winning the lotto, but no. My brain has decided it wants to have a rad family and run a tiny, failing burger joint in a tourist town.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
12: Oh Row You Didn't
A man trying to row from New Zealand to Nova Scotia visits the restaurant to have a burger and it changes everything.

This is also Episode #250.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

SOLD.

Gods, I love this show so much.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Very funny episode

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Any episode with Rhys Darby is guaranteed good.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
A good episode! I just which they got a different kiwi actor to voice the role, we've got more then just Rhys Darby!

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 22, 2023

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Him yelling at the bird about not seeing Footloose was pretty great.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ChesterJT posted:

Him yelling at the bird about not seeing Footloose was pretty great.
I laughed out loud again just reading this post.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Can someone tell H Jon Benjamin to not voice Bob like... he's... terrified... to... speak... every... single... word.. of... every... single... sentence?

It's becoming grating to me and actually making the episodes harder to enjoy. In the earlier seasons he played Bob like any other of his characters and it was so much more effective.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love episodes that are just the family having to deal with some weirdo.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
13:Stop! Or My Mom Will Sleuth!
When Louise is accused of a theft at school, Linda uses her position as school office volunteer to try to solve the case from the inside.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
14: These Boots are Made for Stalking
When the coolest teens she's ever seen start coming into the restaurant, Tina decides she needs to be just like them; Gene and Louise get into a battle of wills over stinky socks.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm gonna' have to stop posting this and every synopsis, but SOLD.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Honestly found this one real irritating. Tina was just too pathetic.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Out of curiosity, were you ever a really awkward teenage girl?

'Cause this is now one of my favorite episodes.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I was a wildly awkward teenage boy, but fair point.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I couldnt stand this episode because Tina triggered my social anxiety by proxy.

Edit: *sigh*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrgUILsk8hY

Zero One fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Mar 7, 2023

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Escobarbarian posted:

I was a wildly awkward teenage boy, but fair point.
Oh, her experience wasn't really tied to gender anyway, now that I've thought about it.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

No matter what you thought of the episode, Louise dancing in the outro is worth your time.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I liked it. Not to that extent but I definitely remember having a holy crap moment when I realized the "cool kids" would actually talk to me like normal.

Also I feel like they've gone for more realistic emotional moments a bit more than normal lately. That's saying a lot since the show has typically avoided them. I like it since I always felt it was something the show was lacking.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Counterprograming the Oscars on your sister network, sure why not

15:The Show (And Tell) Must Go On
Louise brings Tina along on a mission to find the perfect item for her last-ever show-and-tell; Teddy goes overboard trying to impress a date at the restaurant.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Counterprograming the Oscars on your sister network, sure why not

15:The Show (And Tell) Must Go On
Louise brings Tina along on a mission to find the perfect item for her last-ever show-and-tell; Teddy goes overboard trying to impress a date at the restaurant.

I mean, I know which one I am watching...

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

Madurai posted:

No matter what you thought of the episode, Louise dancing in the outro is worth your time.

The musical outros are the best part of the show. But also I don't recall any musical bit that didn't hit.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Mar 15, 2023

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Two episodes tonight, Fox schedule makes it seem like 16 is a two-parter:

16: What a (April) Fool Believes
Mr. Fischoeder challenges Bob to successfully prank him on April Fool's Day.

17:Crow Encounter of the Bird Kind
Tina drags Bob along on a desperate quest to earn her bird-watching badge for ThunderGirls; Louise and Gene try to keep their new restaurant game a secret from Linda.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The multiple Counting Crows bits were pretty funny. Although I do think an issue with the prank one was that it resolved a little too quickly and we needed more paranoid Bob.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, it was fun to see Bob acting crazy again and using the crazy voice like he often did in the earlier seasons instead of the ...soft.. talking.. he always.. does...... now.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I think that a lot of society woke up to the fact that a father screaming at or in front of their children isn't as funny as it may have seemed to some in the past, and frankly, I appreciate it.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

LividLiquid posted:

I think that a lot of society woke up to the fact that a father screaming at or in front of their children isn't as funny as it may have seemed to some in the past, and frankly, I appreciate it.

I actually really like the way they handled this in the episode where the restaurant catches on fire. Bob wants to yell and is mostly successful at stopping himself, but he's not perfect and he's rightfully in an emotional state.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Pretty good episode. I loved the little montage of past pranks.

Kind of wish it had been more of a Bob/Gene episode.The set up was good with Gene being the only other one who doesn't like April Fools, so he's the only one Bob trusts.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I really like the low talking lots of pauses Bob delivery tbh

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Escobarbarian posted:

I really like the low talking lots of pauses Bob delivery tbh

:same:

Crazy Bob good too.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Love for Teddy where?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Nowhere, Teddy sucks

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Haschel Cedricson posted:

I actually really like the way they handled this in the episode where the restaurant catches on fire. Bob wants to yell and is mostly successful at stopping himself, but he's not perfect and he's rightfully in an emotional state.
Agreed. You can yell when people are in danger. Not just when you're pissed at your wife and kids.

And I love Teddy, but I have a soft spot for awkward weirdos.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

LividLiquid posted:

Agreed. You can yell when people are in danger. Not just when you're pissed at your wife and kids.

Counterpoint: H Jon Benjamin yelling is really funny

Also in the earlier seasons they all yell at each other constantly. It fit.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Louise should yell more, she's been kind subdued ever since she glued her dad to a toilet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Barry Foster posted:

Nowhere, Teddy sucks

He's way better than Linda Burger